TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I'm loving the 3W ! Is the loft adjustable on this one, and if so is it +1* and -1* ? I'm curious because I plan have a 3W as the longest club in my bag and have to decide between the 14* and the 15.5* head. All things being equal, would you gain yardage with the 14* over the 15.5* ? Would the 14* be more difficult to hit due to the lower loft?

I'm loving the 3W ! Is the loft adjustable on this one, and if so is it +1* and -1* ? I'm curious because I plan have a 3W as the longest club in my bag and have to decide between the 14* and the 15.5* head. All things being equal, would you gain yardage with the 14* over the 15.5* ? Would the 14* be more difficult to hit due to the lower loft?

The R11 FW seems to have the same adjustments that the driver has. Independent loft and face angle adjustments and it appears it is 1* either way.

So I played the driver and FW wood for the entire round today.

FW Wood
Im in love. For anybody that knows me well, knows that I felt the R9 FW Wood was one of the best ever created. I switched to the SuperFast for the extra distance I was getting (about 6 yards). Well what if the R9 and the SuperFast went on a first date, had some drinks and got together for some baby making? They would create the R11. Distance of the SuperFast with the sound, feel, and performance of the R11. It took 2 swings for me to realize just how much I loved this club and MAY not even change the shaft.

hahahahaha, nice analogy!
Driver
I will have more coming up on this one soon, but wanted to give some feedback as 2 of us played this today for 9 holes. Like the hybrid, after about 3 swings, I forgot it was even white. I have long said that the original R9 was one of my favorite drivers out there and the SuperTri was a good one as wel. This is more of a blend to me of the two. Less spin than the SuperTri for me and solid distance. Has a SLIGHTLY different sound than what I am used to in the R9 line. Very solid performer and look forward to messing with some shafts with it.

wow...I know what One-t is going to have to do after some testing. I am excited about this

well, it's official, the more i read and the more i see, the more i am interested in this line. i love my R9 driver and i love my superfast 3w, but they are being put on notice, lol.

well, it's official, the more i read and the more i see, the more i am interested in this line. i love my R9 driver and i love my superfast 3w, but they are being put on notice, lol.

me too bro. I am in love just based on looks and what I am hearing.

please dont kill me for asking this but are the tips in the 11 series going to fit the 9 series?

please dont kill me for asking this but are the tips in the 11 series going to fit the 9 series?

Yes they are.

1112451883_w6tUV-M.jpg

yes they are skim shady!

lol. I cant wait to test out the FW

lol. I cant wait to test out the FW

me either, especially after JB's analogy! Everyone will be seeing an R9 3w and a SuperTri in the marketplace here soon

LOL at skim shady! You're on a roll today OneT!

I wonder with all the hype about getting a specific shaft fit for your driver and replacing factory shafts. Would TM be willing to sell just the heads to the R11 to put on an older shaft you have fitted to you? Or would this not work, because you would need a new fitting for the new head?

I wonder with all the hype about getting a specific shaft fit for your driver and replacing factory shafts. Would TM be willing to sell just the heads to the R11 to put on an older shaft you have fitted to you? Or would this not work, because you would need a new fitting for the new head?

i don't think they TM sells head only but i know that they can be found on internet shopping site.

i don't think they TM sells head only but i know that they can be found on internet shopping site.

Maybe I just need to raid a tour van? HAHA

good luck getting those things out of the drawers they're kept in. let alone finding them to begin with. plus squeezing by the 5 guys working on clubs in a 10x9 room....hehe
Maybe I just need to raid a tour van? HAHA

good luck getting those things out of the drawers they're kept in. let alone finding them to begin with. plus squeezing by the 5 guys working on clubs in a 10x9 room....hehe

Some people go after armored trucks, THPers go after Tour Vans! HAHA

I'll create a distraction to keep them occupied and you hit the drawers.......you must grab 2 though:pirate:

I have come to realize golf clubs are like computers. You buy one that you think is truly remarkable, and the next year a new one comes that takes your breath away. I should really cut up my credit cards now.

Those scratches look like it was from people changing the face angel but not loosening it enough so when they made the adjustment it rubbed the sides and paint.

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. I thought the one dude hitting the 2.0 at the end was bridges, lol

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Those scratches look like it was from people changing the face angel but not loosening it enough so when they made the adjustment it rubbed the sides and paint.

I hope it was an anomaly. I'll be buying all three new clubs.

Back