TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

81* and sunny on Saturday. The 4 wood and I have another date! I still enjoy seeing people stare at the "whiteness" of the club. Makes me thankful THP and Taylormade gave me the opportunity. You couldn't buy this thing out of my bag. Longest & straightest fairway wood I've hit.

Tap before talk.

Hey all....lets just suppose a Lefty had one of these coming in house.. :golf:
When I had an R9 a long while back, there was a lefty version of the tuning guide..
does such a PDF exist for the R11???

thx
Bama

When I had an R9 a long while back, there was a lefty version of the tuning guide..

thx
Bama

I'm only seeing an r11 RH chart on the taylormade website.

So, I got to play 18 with the r11 4 wood yesterday and my tempo must have been terrible. Anything I was hitting was off to the right. I struggled with the r11 for the majority of the shots. (got lucky off the tee on a par 4 and found a fairway about 220 yards out). Ever had one of those days when the club doesn't even sound good? It sounded like I was swinging a wooden plank...cue hole #18. I wanted to bring something positive to the table from the round and so I decided to tee it up and play to the corner on a 370 yard par 4. I put a nice smooth swing on it, a buddy said it looked 70%, and I stroked it right down the middle to the far end of the fairway. I really think when you slow down and put a nice smooth swing on the ball - the possibilities are endless when using this stick. I'm hoping to get out again in the early portion of this week to see if the tempo will show up.

thx
Bama

Here, you go :act-up: Actually, as long as the engineering was done correctly, this should actually be correct, but I haven't seen a separate pdf.

big-t-loft-chart-lh.png

Here, you go :act-up: Actually, as long as the engineering was done correctly, this should actually be correct, but I haven't seen a separate pdf.

big-t-loft-chart-lh.png

hmmmm...a mirrored photo... That will probably work...
(I am just upset I did not think of it)

thanks AW

Lowering loft closes the club face, increasing loft opens it. Is that correct?

Kevin

Lowering loft closes the club face, increasing loft opens it. Is that correct?

Kevin

You have it backwards.

Thanks opponent. I don't know how I missed that part of the site. I had read an article on the Maltby site about loft and face angle that I obviously misunderstood. I lowered the loft on mine and looked at it on the floor, and it looked open when I expected closed. Now I know why.

I wish I could hit this all day tomorrow, but might not get to until Thursday. I'm hoping by turning down the loft I get a little more boring trajectory and more importantly more roll.

Kevin

Thanks opponent. I don't know how I missed that part of the site. I had read an article on the Maltby site about loft and face angle that I obviously misunderstood. I lowered the loft on mine and looked at it on the floor, and it looked open when I expected closed. Now I know why.

I wish I could hit this all day tomorrow, but might not get to until Thursday. I'm hoping by turning down the loft I get a little more boring trajectory and more importantly more roll.

Kevin

Hey Esox if you want to lower the spin and get some more roll get a extra weight, if you put a heavier weight in the Toe and Heel at the same time it will lower the spin and give you more roll out, i actually did 6-6 and 8-8 when i had mine and got more roll that way, more weight towards the face= less spin

Kevin

You and me both! Good luck with finding your ideal settings. I think you are going in the right direction if you want some more roll from the tee.

Hey Esox if you want to lower the spin and get some more roll get a extra weight, if you put a heavier weight in the Toe and Heel at the same time it will lower the spin and give you more roll out, i actually did 6-6 and 8-8 when i had mine and got more roll that way, more weight towards the face= less spin

Ah hah! I knew there was a reason I kept the weight kit from my old Superquad. Now I just have to find it!

I'll keep that in mind, but I've only had it since Thursday and have hit maybe 50 shots with it. I'll experiment with what it offers now for a bit.

Kevin

Ah hah! I knew there was a reason I kept the weight kit from my old Superquad. Now I just have to find it!

yes sir lol, i used the Superdeep weigh kit when i had mine

I'll keep that in mind, but I've only had it since Thursday and have hit maybe 50 shots with it. I'll experiment with what it offers now for a bit.

Kevin

i understand that it was just a suggestion in case what your doing now didnt work. I really hope it works well for you and your game

i understand that it was just a suggestion in case what your doing now didnt work. I really hope it works well for you and your game

Thanks. Early returns say it's going to be a winner. You should support Team Paradise in TMC. Don't be a follower. Get on the leader train.

Kevin

I had just an awful day with my R11 yesterday. It was the type of day that really made me wonder if this was the right club for me. I was hitting numerous second shots from the trees all day. I was slicing balls all day and had maybe one really good drive. I started off the day experimenting with having the club in the "Upright" position. That lasted for about three holes as I was seeing my drives sail far right (I'm not sure because isn't the Upright positon is supposed to help with right to left ball flight.) I'm going to hit the range sometime this week and work on my swing and see where all of this is going. :banghead:

Hopefully getting a R11 3 wood tomorrow, haven't decided on shaft flex yet though. Question - Do you get the wrench included if buying from a store?

Hopefully getting a R11 3 wood tomorrow, haven't decided on shaft flex yet though. Question - Do you get the wrench included if buying from a store?

Yup, a wrench with every adjustable club is TM's policy

Thanks. Early returns say it's going to be a winner. You should support Team Paradise in TMC. Don't be a follower. Get on the leader train.

Kevin

Im not a follower, im supporting both teams hehe

Hang in there buddy, those days are disheartening as I well know. I too tinkered with the upright setting along with the closed sole plate, it does promote the flight you were wanting.

Have you looked at your swing on video lately, may be something minor in there. Those little flip cams we got are awesome for that.

I had just an awful day with my R11 yesterday. It was the type of day that really made me wonder if this was the right club for me. I was hitting numerous second shots from the trees all day. I was slicing balls all day and had maybe one really good drive. I started off the day experimenting with having the club in the "Upright" position. That lasted for about three holes as I was seeing my drives sail far right (I'm not sure because isn't the Upright positon is supposed to help with right to left ball flight.) I'm going to hit the range sometime this week and work on my swing and see where all of this is going. :banghead:

--
tapatalk

Hang in there buddy, those days are disheartening as I well know. I too tinkered with the upright setting along with the closed sole plate, it does promote the flight you were wanting.

Have you looked at your swing on video lately, may be something minor in there. Those little flip cams we got are awesome for that.

--
tapatalk

I have a few swing kinks I've been trying to work out. For the past few weeks I've been trying to rework my driver/hybrid swing and it's taking a toll on the R11. My quick fix at this point in time is to hit a somewhat of a controlled fade, which is actually more of a slice. I know it's going to take time but I'm a little impatient

I have a few swing kinks I've been trying to work out. For the past few weeks I've been trying to rework my driver/hybrid swing and it's taking a toll on the R11. My quick fix at this point in time is to hit a somewhat of a controlled fade, which is actually more of a slice. I know it's going to take time but I'm a little impatient

Are the irons flying how you want them and this super fade is just isolated to the longer clubs?

Might be worth not pulling driver on the course for a few rounds until you get where you want. It's hard to do that though, played last Wednesday and for a few holes I could not find a fairway...right...right...right. Finally used 4 wood from the tee until I got my elbow in.

--
tapatalk

Back