TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Has anyone tried to add head weight to an R11 3 wood? If so, how did you go about doing it? Lead tape?

Has anyone tried to add head weight to an R11 3 wood? If so, how did you go about doing it? Lead tape?

thats a great question biggsy, i was actually just thinking about this the other day, even though i dont have one i was thinking how one would add weight to it, with my 910F i could just switch out the weight in the sole that is their for swingweighting but was thinking it would either have to be done with lead tape or powder or something along those lines with the R11 Fairway wood

thats a great question biggsy, i was actually just thinking about this the other day, even though i dont have one i was thinking how one would add weight to it, with my 910F i could just switch out the weight in the sole that is their for swingweighting but was thinking it would either have to be done with lead tape or powder or something along those lines with the R11 Fairway wood

Powder? Do you mean filling the head with baby powder?

Powder? Do you mean filling the head with baby powder?

haha no, the lead powder or tungston powder down the shaft, only way besides lead tape i can think of

haha no, the lead powder or tungston powder down the shaft, only way besides lead tape i can think of

I'm an idiot...lol. So it would go down the shaft and not the head?

Does it harden and stay in place when poured down the shaft?

Sorry for the ignorance.

I'm an idiot...lol. So it would go down the shaft and not the head?

Does it harden and stay in place when poured down the shaft?

Sorry for the ignorance.

im not exactly sure biggsy, i have just heard quite a few people talk about using that powder down the shaft, not exactly sure how it works

Thanks. I'll ask a club fitter friend of mine. Just thought I would throw it out to the masses. Thanks for enlightening me on another option.

I wish the face of this club were just a little less stiff. I really do. I like the sound, and the weight, but the feel isnt right to me.

Finally got my R11 today

Finally got my R11 today

So I finally got my R11 in today and I had a 4 man scramble to play in, so I went to the range and spent about 45 minutes tunning it in, I got to say..... its the best I have hit the driver in mounths!!! The driver came with a blueboard 83 S, I had already bought a Miyazaki Kusala tour issue black X flex, and I changed the shaft to the Miyazaki and put a 14 in the toe and a 4 in the hill, set it on standard loft and open on the AFT, I missed 2 fairways today, and thats hitting last and hitting bombs, I love the sound, love the feel, its gona be in my bag until further notice!!! Oh, we shot 57 today, won the tournament and I won long drive, not bad for a test run.

Well I took the plunge and bought the 3 wood. Got it for £169 from American Golf

Tried both the regular and stiff shafts. The regular was better for me, giving me better shot dispersion and distance.

If I had bought blind I would have gone with the stiff so glad I tried both shafts out first

I didn't get a wrench though, going to email Taylormade and ask if I should have for one. Was told in the shop that only the drivers came with the wrench. No biggie as I have picked one up from eBay.

If this works out for me then I may pick up the driver later down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

Well I took the plunge and bought the 3 wood. Got it for £169 from American Golf

Tried both the regular and stiff shafts. The regular was better for me, giving me better shot dispersion and distance.

If I had bought blind I would have gone with the stiff so glad I tried both shafts out first

I didn't get a wrench though, going to email Taylormade and ask if I should have for one. Was told in the shop that only the drivers came with the wrench. No biggie as I have picked one up from eBay.

it should of came with a wrench, all Taylormades adjustable clubs come with one

That's what I thought too, probably the shop being cheap skates, Am trying to find Taylormades UK email address to send them an email.

I got one from ebay for £8 though so not all that bothered, it's more the principal now

it should of came with a wrench, all Taylormades adjustable clubs come with one

+1 if you bought this new it is extremely odd that it didnt come with a wrench. Maybe you should visit the store again and ask them about it.

+1 if you bought this new it is extremely odd that it didnt come with a wrench. Maybe you should visit the store again and ask them about it.

It was brand new, came from American Golf. I know they had the wrenches in store as I got them to change the shaft for me as the one I tested had scratches on it.

I have emailed TM asking them

For £8 it doesn't really bother me, I was expecting to pay £199 for the 3w (as that's the web price for the store) but found they were £30 cheaper in the store itself

It was brand new, came from American Golf. I know they had the wrenches in store as I got them to change the shaft for me as the one I tested had scratches on it.

I have emailed TM asking them

For £8 it doesn't really bother me, I was expecting to pay £199 for the 3w (as that's the web price for the store) but found they were £30 cheaper in the store itself

It sounds just like a mix-up. TM will prob hook you up with one if you contact them. It's not like titleist that make you pay extra for one.

It sounds just like a mix-up. TM will prob hook you up with one if you contact them. It's not like titleist that make you pay extra for one.

I have emailed TaylorMade and told them about it. If they send me one then I will have a spare seeing as I bought one from ebay as soon as I got home. I have a screwdriver bit that fits the bolt but am not sure if I want to change anything without having the wrench to properly tighten it all back up

I’m currently using a Fujikura stiff shaft with the R11. I went in to Golfsmith yesterday to utilize their hitting bay and was told that my current shaft was a bit too wippy for my swing speed (126mph). With the stiff shaft I could only hit to about 230 yards but the rep switched out the shaft with a Fujikura X-stiff shaft and I was able to hit much farther, roughly 320 yards.

I was wondering though is there an even better shaft than the X-stiff shaft by Fujikura?

I’m currently using a Fujikura stiff shaft with the R11. I went in to Golfsmith yesterday to utilize their hitting bay and was told that my current shaft was a bit too wippy for my swing speed (126mph). With the stiff shaft I could only hit to about 230 yards but the rep switched out the shaft with a Fujikura X-stiff shaft and I was able to hit much farther, roughly 320 yards.

I was wondering though is there an even better shaft than the X-stiff shaft by Fujikura?

At a 126mph swing speed you need a proper fitting. I can think of a few X stiffs that aren't going to handle that without some extra tipping. Potential shafts are going to have a fairly large impact on your results as well.

wow is all i can say, that is a HUGE swing speed man, 230 to 320 is insane, you def need a X-Stiff and hell maybe XX, not sure what the cutoff line from X to XX is but your SS is way up there. I dont see how you gained that many yards though unless your drives were just ballooning so bad they went straight up in the air then just dropped straight down

edit: what i really meant was i dont see how even with the wrong shaft you were only getting 230 with the stiff, you should of been still hitting it 270+ IMO

Most of my drives end up in a fade or a slice. I, at times, would wind up in 1 or even 2 fairways over from where I should be. Thought it was my mechanics/form/swing. I couldn’t keep my drive straight to save my life. As soon as he switched my shaft to the X-stiff I was back on the fairway again and with increased distance.

If I want to lower the loft on my 3w, I assume I just readjust the shaft to the lower setting or the one before it if I want to got to 15*. It is my understanding that the face will then be open so I will need to set the asp to closed to correct this.
Is this right?

If I want to lower the loft on my 3w, I assume I just readjust the shaft to the lower setting or the one before it if I want to got to 15*. It is my understanding that the face will then be open so I will need to set the asp to closed to correct this.
Is this right?

You are correct.

You are correct.

Thanks,

I have mine set to the setting in between Std and Lower Loft. I am assuming this is -.5* making it 15* of loft in total. I have set the ASP to closed.

Will play with this at the range before my round on Monday

So my 2nd round out with the R11 10.5 with Miyazaki tour black was less than stellar, I have also noticed that the R11 is 10 to 15 yards shorter then my 09 tour issue burner, I have tried several different settings, right now I'm set at std loft, 14g on the toe and 4g on the heel, ast set to open, going to have to do some more work with it this next week before my clubs invitational, R11 has about 3 days of playing before its back to the gamer.

I got a wrench with my Rescue 11 for free at American Golf. You should have been given one... How odd

Back