TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I got a wrench with my Rescue 11 for free at American Golf. You should have been given one... How odd

Very odd then, still all is well. I have my wrench from ebay so can adjust my 3w to my hearts content

I shall be hitting the range tomorrow to try to get the adjustments made before Monday's round

Spent some time at the range today hitting my 3w. Mixed results to say the least. Why is it I can never translate my game from course to range. The shots I hit properly were very nice even with the rubbish range balls.

Ended up with it set to 15* and a Neutral ASP.

Hoping that I play better with it on the course (I usually do)

I just ordered a 14g weight for my R11. I'm going to load up all the weight in the heel to help with the draw bias to conteract my slice. Thoughts anyone? Has anyone else tried this?

This club, the 4 wood, is a fairway finder. I had one bad swing with this club and it still flew straight but ended up 30 yards short of the green. I'll add some extended views this evening, bit I had to forward the joy the club gave me yesterday.

Tap before talk.

I just ordered a 14g weight for my R11. I'm going to load up all the weight in the heel to help with the draw bias to conteract my slice. Thoughts anyone? Has anyone else tried this?

when i had mine mardin i had a 16g left over from my Supertri and with it in the heel i couldnt hit a straight shot to save my life lol, nothing but big hooks, put it in the toe and i was actually getting baby fades out of it, one thing i love about TM weight system is it works amazingly good, i think this will help you allot. Also have you tried closing the face with the ASP?

when i had mine mardin i had a 16g left over from my Supertri and with it in the heel i couldnt hit a straight shot to save my life lol, nothing but big hooks, put it in the toe and i was actually getting baby fades out of it, one thing i love about TM weight system is it works amazingly good, i think this will help you allot. Also have you tried closing the face with the ASP?

You are dead on with the weighting system. The R11 and I have not had a good relationship, just big ugly snap hooks under a variety of settings. On Friday I put a 16 gram weight in the toe and 1 gram in the heel and it turned it a power fade club that works perfectly at my club. 3 straight rounds of the same ball flights means my D2 is fighting to retain A status in the bag.

You are dead on with the weighting system. The R11 and I have not had a good relationship, just big ugly snap hooks under a variety of settings. On Friday I put a 16 gram weight in the toe and 1 gram in the heel and it turned it a power fade club that works perfectly at my club. 3 straight rounds of the same ball flights means my D2 is fighting to retain A status in the bag.

glad you got it figured out, the weights really work, i still like my D2 over the R11 purely for the forgiveness and my misses arent nearly as bad. Wish the D2 was white though hehe

glad you got it figured out, the weights really work, i still like my D2 over the R11 purely for the forgiveness and my misses arent nearly as bad. Wish the D2 was white though hehe

You are right about the D2, it is slightly more forgiving and a bit longer when my swing is off. During good swing days though I'm hitting the R11 longer, who knows what Monday brings though!

After struggling to get my ball flight correct with the F3 Motore stiff shaft on the R11 I adjusted it up to 11 degrees and was hitting bombs!! I still have not seen any benefit in adjusting the sole plate though. I have always hit a fade so I can't see where adjusting to a draw setting will actually make the ball draw. It's just not in my swing. After all, it's def the indian not the arrow! Anyone with a fade swing seen positive results adjusting their face angle?

I have the 10g weight in the heel and the ASP set to closed. I have a tough slice that I'm trying to work through and hopefully the extra weight in the heel will help with bringing my ball back from the right side. Do you still have that 16g weight?

R11 10.5*: I have been working with this driver for a couple weeks now and I am really liking what I see. I have it set up with the RIP Beta and have everything set to neutral for the time being. I am keeping the ball in play, which is something I struggled with when I had my R11 with the Miyazaki C Kua. I don't think I am quite as long with the RIP, but it's much easier to score from the fairway or rough instead of punching out of trees. I am seeing a nice mid ball flight that is landing a running a little bit. My miss has gone from a big slice to a small power fade. I have the 10g in the toe and a 4g in the heel. I may switch it up this week at the range to see it if brings a draw back into play.

R11 15.5*: For some reason I am struggling with this club off of the tee. I still haven't gotten a chance to put in a quality range session with it, but during my rounds I end up hitting it thin. Usually, I tee up and hit 3w when I need to hit it straight. I am still hitting this straight, but it's only 10' off of the ground. I have the shaft I was fit for, Motore F3, and hit well during my fitting, but it hasn't worked on course yet. I did hit it yesterday from the fairway when I was 247 yds out and hit a high fade that ended up right of the green close to pin high. I plan to spend a lot of time with this club over the next few weeks to really get used to it.

R11 T3: I have been testing this club for a while now, and while I don't like the stock shaft, it is very easy to hit off of the tee. My ball flight tends to get a little too high from time to time, but it does end up going in the right direction. I am still having some issues with consistency off of the turf, but it's still an ongoing project.

First time on the course for my R11 3w. Decided to set it back to default setting, so 15.5* and N ASP. Very happy with how I hit it, a few out to the right but that was because I didn't line up properly down the left side of the fairway. When I lines up properly I was bombing them down the fairway and landing in the middle.

Think I am going to try setting the ASP to C for the next round to see if I can eliminate the fade.

Very happy with my purchase

After struggling to get my ball flight correct with the F3 Motore stiff shaft on the R11 I adjusted it up to 11 degrees and was hitting bombs!! I still have not seen any benefit in adjusting the sole plate though. I have always hit a fade so I can't see where adjusting to a draw setting will actually make the ball draw. It's just not in my swing. After all, it's def the indian not the arrow! Anyone with a fade swing seen positive results adjusting their face angle?

My slice isn't as dramatic as it once was with the ASP set to closed. I haven't touched that setting since getting fit for it because it's pointless with my fade/slice. I also changed my settings to an upright lie angle and I'm finding I'm slowing taking the right side out of my drive. I still have an awful slice that decides to rear its ugly head at the most inoppurtune times. I can't wait to get my new 14g weight for the heel because I think that will help balance out my ball flight.

My slice isn't as dramatic as it once was with the ASP set to closed. I haven't touched that setting since getting fit for it because it's pointless with my fade/slice. I also changed my settings to an upright lie angle and I'm finding I'm slowing taking the right side out of my drive. I still have an awful slice that decides to rear its ugly head at the most inoppurtune times. I can't wait to get my new 14g weight for the heel because I think that will help balance out my ball flight.
Let us know how that works out for you. I'm curious as to if the added weight in the heel will solve or at least help control your slice.

I just got the 14g weight in the mail today. I went out back and swung the club around with the 10g weight in the heel. Then I swtiched and put the 14g weight it and there was a noticable difference. After about 20-25 swings it felt like the extra weight helped me turn my wrist over. The club felt a bit heavier but it felt more powerful. It felt like nice and easy swings with the extra weight in the heel would allow me to destroy balls. I'm heading to the range on Sunday/playing in the mid morning so I will report back on how it performs. I have also switched the lie to upright.

I just got the 14g weight in the mail today. I went out back and swung the club around with the 10g weight in the heel. Then I swtiched and put the 14g weight it and there was a noticable difference. After about 20-25 swings it felt like the extra weight helped me turn my wrist over. The club felt a bit heavier but it felt more powerful. It felt like nice and easy swings with the extra weight in the heel would allow me to destroy balls. I'm heading to the range on Sunday/playing in the mid morning so I will report back on how it performs. I have also switched the lie to upright.

Looking forward to how it works for you, keep us posted.

Lately I have just been striping the 4W and honest to god making this thing my b*tch with the ASP settings. It is so easy to work the ball and just effortless. I am still finding that when set to LOWER setting I do hit the ball higher than normal for some reason.

However I am not a fan of the R11 driver. I have been demoing one lately and I find when on the downswing the weight of the club really kicks in and the club head gets really heavy and I can feel it on the backswing and it completely throws me off.

Lol disregard my pm I just sent.

--
tapatalk

Lately I have just been striping the 4W and honest to god making this thing my b*tch with the ASP settings. It is so easy to work the ball and just effortless. I am still finding that when set to LOWER setting I do hit the ball higher than normal for some reason.

However I am not a fan of the R11 driver. I have been demoing one lately and I find when on the downswing the weight of the club really kicks in and the club head gets really heavy and I can feel it on the backswing and it completely throws me off.

Weird, Dent. It took me a couple rounds to get used to the head which seemed light to me at first.

Tempo.

Kevin

Lol disregard my pm I just sent.

--
tapatalk

HAHA...i sent you back a PM..lol.

I can't wait to see how this works. It feels heavier but better. It's hard to describe. It feels like it makes the club more stable because of the weight.

R11 update

R11 update

Hit 83% of fairways today on a links style course with very wet conditions. When I swing in tempo and finish my swing I find the R11's feel excellent. The ball really jumps off it. I moved the 10.5 loft up to 11.0 and I am hitting the ball with a nice high controlled trajectory. I am traditionally a low ball hitter with the driver so this is a nice effect. I have yet to mess with the face angle during a round. Just a few times on the range. Anybody seen great success with the face angle adjustments?

White is RIGHT

:banana::bomb::clapp:

Tempo, tempo, tempo, tempo, tempo.

Got quick with three today and they went to hell. Stayed under control and I can feel the shaft release into ball and it seems go so much farther than I think it's going to.

I'm locked at 9.5* which opens it 1*. Weights and ASP at standard. A bad shot os operator error. With a good swing that set up is perfect.

When you change the loft, does the turned grip bother anybody? It doesn't bother me, but it looks nicer with the grip name up.

Kevin

When you change the loft, does the turned grip bother anybody? It doesn't bother me, but it looks nicer with the grip name up.

I'm not crazy about the grip being turned, but if I could ever settle on a setting I guess I could regrip it there.

I'm not crazy about the grip being turned, but if I could ever settle on a setting I guess I could regrip it there.

I'm deciding if I should do that since I'm pretty sure I'm leaving it where it's set, but I'll probably wait a few weeks just to be sure. I need a day where almost every shot does what i want it too, then I'll get it fixed probably.

For TMC winning photos. lol.

Kevin

Tempo, tempo, tempo, tempo, tempo.

Got quick with three today and they went to hell. Stayed under control and I can feel the shaft release into ball and it seems go so much farther than I think it's going to.

I'm locked at 9.5* which opens it 1*. Weights and ASP at standard. A bad shot os operator error. With a good swing that set up is perfect.

Kevin

The turned grip does bother me somewhat. I actually like all of my clubs with the logo down. I had my R11 3-wood sent to me with the grip aligned for the settings of 1 degree up on the loft (closes the clubface) and open on the ASP. I found that I'm getting too much of a hook with that setup, so I'm going to try out everything on standard for that club this week. If I like it, I'll either get the grip turned at a local shop or just have them put a new white VDR on there.

Back