TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

does anyone know what lofts are going to be available for the fairway woods? I know the driver is only going to be offered in 2 lofts since it adjustable so I am curious to see if the fairways are similar.

Is the playable loft on the club adjustable? Could you do a breakdown on all of the adjustments? Thanks

does anyone know what lofts are going to be available for the fairway woods? I know the driver is only going to be offered in 2 lofts since it adjustable so I am curious to see if the fairways are similar.

T3 14*
3 15.5*
4 17*
5 19*
7 22*

All the choices you could want!

I dont have a lot right now other than you appear to be correct. Should know more after the testing and we see what we like and what appears on the monitor.

ok, sounds good. it seems as though they make a 45 and 55, so i'm assuming that is in grams. pretty light stuff. i'll refrain from questions until the testing is complete.

Is the playable loft on the club adjustable? Could you do a breakdown on all of the adjustments? Thanks

The biggest thing to realize with the new technology is that in the past when you moved the face angle open and closed (L&R), it changed the playable loft. With the R11, the loft is changed independently of the face angle, so playable loft should not change (generalization).

so i'm assuming that the loft angle is not adjustable on these?

Loft is changed via FCT and Face Angle by ASP. At least that's my take on it.

The biggest thing to realize with the new technology is that in the past when you moved the face angle open and closed (L&R), it changed the playable loft. With the R11, the loft is changed independently of the face angle, so playable loft should not change (generalization).

How have they done this JB? I'm quite interested in the mechanics of the ASP.

According to the Golf Digest "Hotlist" you better bring your A-game if youre going to rock the white belt, white pants AND white driver. lmao. Silly golf digest guys.

Crap! My game is a C at best! Does that mean I have to pick and choose or am I just relegated to wearing a white shirt?

How have they done this JB? I'm quite interested in the mechanics of the ASP.

THat part will have to wait until we start testing and make sure it works. But they are independent of each other and done by different spots on the driver.

Crap! My game is a C at best! Does that mean I have to pick and choose or am I just relegated to wearing a white shirt?

Thats a good question bro. My game is a -D at best so I guess Im banned from all things white. lol.

THat part will have to wait until we start testing and make sure it works. But they are independent of each other and done by different spots on the driver.

I look forward to it then. I know loft is handled by the FCT in the hossel, and the ASP controls face angle from the sole, adjusted the face to open/closed/neutral. I am curious how the face can be adjusted without changing the loft. Maybe if you adjust the sole, you have to adjust the FCT to compensate? Just a thought, but this seems really cool. I can't wait to hear more!

9-Iron, Golftown now has the R11 listed at $450 in case you're interested!

9-Iron, Golftown now has the R11 listed at $450 in case you're interested!

I saw that! I'm gonna wait until I try this at the Outing. Afterall, I did just get my SuperTri, but these definitely have me tempted..... :act-up:

Yeah it's official, I'm digging it. Those pics are by far the best pics I've seen yet, great work JB, you're a photographer extraordinaire!!

I love the fairway wood more than that driver. Time to adjust the budget!

I don't think I will be getting rid of the supertri any time soon, but the fairway wood really has be interested. I'm really hoping theres a R11 3 wood in lefty at the outing because I want to hit that.

That FW is SICK looking. I may need to get one NOW. It's official, THP has made me a club hoe and I need my fix...

Yeah it's official, I'm digging it. Those pics are by far the best pics I've seen yet, great work JB, you're a photographer extraordinaire!!

ha! i knew you'd come around to the ways of the white my friend. the worst part is not only do they look great, but i dare say they perform like TM knows how to bring it with their woods.

...urfffff.

Its a $399 driver in USD. That seems to be about the right price to me. No different than the premium lines from Callaway and others on their website.

I am surprised at myself but I like the look of the all white better than the all black for some reason. Will they becoming out with a TP version in both the driver and fairway?

I can't wait to hear the feedback on this driver today. With all the hype it has gotten I am excited to find out what everyone thinks.

Back