TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

Pulled the trigger on a set of R11 irons 4-PW today. I have never really been a fan of TaylorMade (always loved me some Titleist action) but after reading all the reviews of the TaylorMade R11’s irons I owed it to myself to at least try them. So thanks to TC, OEM Kevin, Buckjob, Tadashi and 2Shoes(and other THPer’s) in the R11 iron testing thread for their honest and all round great reviews. I also purchased the R11S Fairway metal to go with my R11S driver as I absolutely love that Phenom shaft.

I don’t believe this… “I’m turning into a TaylorMade fanboy”. Haha. 2 weeks and they should be ready for pickup. I got them fit to my specs which haven’t changed in the last 5 years (this surprised me as my swing has changed a bit) which are half inch longer and 1*up. I also had the TT DG S300 installed which suited the flight and feel I like to see from my irons.

Congrats on the new gear! Hope you enjoy them!

Congrats on the new sticks buddy.

Congrats on the new clubs. The testers really did do a fantastic job with that testing. So kudos to them for that.

Great story! This site also helped me by a set of TM irons. Love it.

I like what I am hearing. Congrats on the purchase

Congratulations on the new sticks.

Congrats on the new toys!!! I was skeptical at first. I believe now. THP always has great testing

Thanks guys. This is also a shout-out to TaylorMade themselves as they are making some really great products IMO. I thought they were a bit gimmicky with some of their stuff but over the last week, I have gone to purchase something with one brand in mind and walked out owning TM. Mind you, this wasn’t marketing or great sales people… it just felt right in my hand.

Now it’s time to read some wedge and hybrid reviews being that’s all that is left for me to buy. :)

Last edited:
That's cool. Hope they work as well for you.

Congrats!! I am waiting on the set I ordered, partially due to all the testers and their great reviews here on THP. You need to try the Adams A12 hybrid when you start checking out the hybrids. Fantastic club for me and I think there would be very few guys that would not like it.

Earl

Congrats on the new sticks Dozza. I too jumped aboard the TM band wagon. Enjoy the R-11's

Congrats on the new irons. I may have got another guy to switch yesterday after hitting mine a couple of times at a scramble.

Congrats on the new clubs. I hope you have the great success that I found with them. It's funny...with the new equipment coming out, I thought I'd be more interested, but every time I look at my bag, all those feelings seem to go away. I love the R11 irons!

Congrat's on the new clubs, they sound like a great set. Be sure to share your thoughts on them after some rounds!!

Dozza, enjoy your new clubs. Like many of us this thread was a major factor in making the decision.

Congrats on the new irons. I may have got another guy to switch yesterday after hitting mine a couple of times at a scramble.

Hmmm, I wonder who that is?

In all seriousness, these irons are the real deal. About halfway through when it became apparent we weren't winning the scramble, I started using Buck's R11s for all of par 3s. Let me tell you, these things are long and straight, with a nice sound and feel to boot. Of the 3 or 4 times I swung these the highlight was the 175 yard par 3 where I dropped an 8 iron to less than 5 feet (still didn't win closest to pin, dangit). Another was on an uphill 178 yard par 3 where I just flushed the 7 iron and airmailed the green by about 10 yards. I think with maybe a little different shaft, these would be absolutely perfect irons for me.

Hmmm, I wonder who that is?

In all seriousness, these irons are the real deal. About halfway through when it became apparent we weren't winning the scramble, I started using Buck's R11s for all of par 3s. Let me tell you, these things are long and straight, with a nice sound and feel to boot. Of the 3 or 4 times I swung these the highlight was the 175 yard par 3 where I dropped an 8 iron to less than 5 feet (still didn't win closest to pin, dangit). Another was on an uphill 178 yard par 3 where I just flushed the 7 iron and airmailed the green by about 10 yards. I think with maybe a little different shaft, these would be absolutely perfect irons for me.

you crushed that 7.... hit it 190 uphill easy! Id be interested in hitting these with some different shafts but i really think the KBS are money for me. but you know sometimes tweaking the shaft could produce better results.

you crushed that 7.... hit it 190 uphill easy! Id be interested in hitting these with some different shafts but i really think the KBS are money for me. but you know sometimes tweaking the shaft could produce better results.

I think the c-tapers in these would be lethal

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I think the c-tapers in these would be lethal

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yeah that might be a great fit.... well when you buy yours ill have to hit them and see if i like that better...

Love hearing all the great things about these irons. I have narrowed it down to these and 2 other sets. This thread keeps popping up and gets me excited to go get fit @ Demo Days come spring!

Update after todays round: I still just freaking love these irons. Long straight and forgiving.

Love hearing all the great things about these irons. I have narrowed it down to these and 2 other sets. This thread keeps popping up and gets me excited to go get fit @ Demo Days come spring!

Ditto that. I'm leaning heavily towards these, but there are a couple of others that I want to swing as well before I leap. And then, I'll probably get all fired up when the guys start reviewing the RBZ too.

After seeing Tadashi hit his R11s and talking to him about his experience with them, I decided to go ahead and order a set. I had a fitting done and they are being bent 2 degrees upright today and regripped with Golf Pride VDR red grips and will be ready for pick up tomorrow. I will be posting some thoughts after my first round with them Friday, I am really looking forward to hitting this set.

After seeing Tadashi hit his R11s and talking to him about his experience with them, I decided to go ahead and order a set. I had a fitting done and they are being bent 2 degrees upright today and regripped with Golf Pride VDR red grips and will be ready for pick up tomorrow. I will be posting some thoughts after my first round with them Friday, I am really looking forward to hitting this set.

Congrats ripper! They will treat you very well and the best thing you did was to get them fit to you.

Back