Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

Dirt_Guy

I dig holes.
Reaction score
Handicap
Bogey-ish
I went with Mickelson (since AK pulled out), Poulter, Yang, and D Johnson. I hope they show up to win!

the Belbs

Everybody Clap your Hands
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 1.001
I did not enter, but we got someone that picked the tie breaker of 233. I saw it and could not stop laughing.
Is this like the price is right? Closest guess without going over? If so I want to change mine to 72.

BTW: I didn't pick Weirsy...no doubt aboot it

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

Sounds like a lot of people went with either D Johnson or Yamng for their TM players. I was expecting More Segio and Weir entries based on name recognition and past performances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Go low...or go home, that's how I roll. :D
Is this like the price is right? Closest guess without going over? If so I want to change mine to 72.

BTW: I didn't pick Weirsy...no doubt aboot it
It would be breaking a record for every single round. Pretty impressive...hehe

Sounds like a lot of people went with either D Johnson or Yamng for their TM players. I was expecting More Segio and Weir entries based on name recognition and past performances

There were a ton that picked those two also.

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I don't mind those picks, I wanted to take Kenny Perry this week and scoured the internet trying to find rhyme or reason for his falling apart last week but couldn't find a thing. I think KP will be a solid player this week. Both KJ and YE are good picks too! Westwood....eh, hard to tell but he's that high in the world golf rankings for a reason!
I did not make my official picks yet sorry P4B. I totallly agree with you though I really am the kiss of death with my picks. I will try and be nice to everyone and pick a name maybe you all wouldn't have picked.

biggsy

Reaction score

If you saw him play at Zurich, you would understand why. I have seen people sitting in dentist chairs having more fun than El Niño.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you saw him play at Zurich, you would understand why. I have seen people sitting in dentist chairs having more fun than El Niño.
Every time I hear his nickname, I think of this.

[YOUTUBE]AEoHz56jWGY[/YOUTUBE]

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I always find amusing is why some members or people do not enter. Why not? Its fun, free, etc...

the Belbs

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 1.001
One thing I always find amusing is why some members or people do not enter. Why not? Its fun, free, etc...
I like that they didn't enter. More chance for me!

I know how one wins, but how do you figure it out anyway - do you have some sort of mega excel spreadsheet, or maybe a DB with winnings to run queries against? You have to have the winner, so anyone that doesn't is likely discounted right away correct?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I like that they didn't enter. More chance for me!

I know how one wins, but how do you figure it out anyway - do you have some sort of mega excel spreadsheet, or maybe a DB with winnings to run queries against? You have to have the winner, so anyone that doesn't is likely discounted right away correct?
It is all just about the total prize money. In theory one does not have to have the winner, but it usually works out that way.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Agreed. Why not? You might actually win and have to start a whole new set! haha

the Belbs

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 1.001
It is all just about the total prize money. In theory one does not have to have the winner, but it usually works out that way.
I know that... but with 2000 entries it can't be easy to figure that out. I am a programmer and these things interest me ;)

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. Why not? You might actually win and have to start a whole new set! haha
I think some people think that they are above it in some ways. Just my thoughts, but I find the whole thing fun. Root for different people, etc...

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I think some people think that they are above it in some ways. Just my thoughts, but I find the whole thing fun. Root for different people, etc...
I just find that to be odd. But people have their ways I guess. If it weren't for this contest Id never have followed Johnson or Godyos but now I will. I might even yell at the TV like when Romo throws an INT.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I waited till the last minute but only because I didnt factor in the time zone difference. I've only won 1 contest my entire 28 years lol. A long drive at a scramble. I just got very lucky on some bounces hahaha. For me I'm kicking myself for not doing the kia mia contest. Not that I would've beat the winning entry it was just a lot of fun. I orignally come from a marketing/promotion background so it was right up my alley. That one I just over thought it. So in my long winded response I think too there is that group like me that just overthinks. And waits too long. My family (who are mexican/sicilian) say Im always on Mexican time. They are fun and it makes the tourney for me a lot more interesting. Its almost like having a mini NCAA tourney type bracket but for a golf tourney.

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah, your good to go. You should have had JL enter too. Or maybe she did and I have not been paying attention.
She entered last night right after I did. Hopefully it went through. If not, the world won't end. Mrs. Esox entered as a non-member as well. I told her to register and post Esox is an idiot five times to improve her chances, but she decided to just go the non-member route.

Kevin

Kevin

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
She entered last night right after I did. Hopefully it went through. If not, the world won't end. Mrs. Esox entered as a non-member as well. I told her to register and post Esox is an idiot five times to improve her chances, but she decided to just go the non-member route.

Kevin

Kevin
I got all three. This is THP and we will not have those truthful posts here. hehe

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
It's like NCAA Tourney bracket, when else would I be routing for Old Dominion? Likewise, now I have 4-guys in my corner that I wouldn't typically root for. Its a nice change and a fresh way to watch the rounds.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It's like NCAA Tourney bracket, when else would I be routing for Old Dominion? Likewise, now I have 4-guys in my corner that I wouldn't typically root for. Its a nice change and a fresh way to watch the rounds.
I feel the same way IL. Good analogy.

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Well hopefully Weir proves you guys wrong lol. I've got Weir, Villegas, Kaymer, and Poulter. Debated between Poulter and Furyk but just think Furyk has peaked for this year.

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Well hopefully Weir proves you guys wrong lol. I've got Weir, Villegas, Kaymer, and Poulter. Debated between Poulter and Furyk but just think Furyk has peaked for this year.
In a way I hope you are right. I am a Weir fan, but with the way he has playing lately, I figured there were other alternatives. After all, I want to win! :D

I do hope he does get a win this year. He definitely deserves it.

roberts9

Reaction score
Handicap
JB, out of curiousity did my re-entry since Couples withdrew make the time cut?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It did.

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
I should have been paying attention...I didn't see AK withdrew...there goes my chances probably.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in