Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

He's not exactly Craig Perks...
although Vegas has him as a 5/1 favorite

I give him a 50/50. He either wins, or he doesnt. :D

So when are people going to start spilling the beans on who they picked and why?
I'll tell you mine - I don't care I can't change them anyway.
TM Staffers
Sergio Garcia - if he catches fire nobody can catch him... plus he won this event before.
Sean O'Hair - great all around game, good scrambler, made 8/10 cuts this year.

Other picks
Phil Mickelson - how can you not pick him?
Ian Poulter - Has played well this year, top 10 in masters, won the match play

I'll tell you mine - I don't care I can't change them anyway.
TM Staffers
Sergio Garcia - if he catches fire nobody can catch him... plus he won this event before.
Sean O'Hair - great all around game, good scrambler, made 8/10 cuts this year.

Other picks
Phil Mickelson - how can you not pick him?
Ian Poulter - Has played well this year, top 10 in masters, won the match play

I have 2 of your players :)

YE Yang- played well at the masters and is playing with a good amount of confidence on the asian tour. I don't think he wins, but I think he has a good shot at a top 10.
V. Taylor- This is my "stretch" pick. 3 top 10s (a 2nd in houston) and his scoring average for the year is pretty good (70.88). Historically he is a dang good putter but that hasn't been so true this year. MC at quail hollow is scarring me a little bit though...
I. Poulter- Second last year and playing good golf of late. He has confidence that he can play this course I think he has a great chance of winning in the next few weeks. Let's hope it is this one!
J. Furyk- Drafted to replace the fallen AK. Playing very well recently and has a good energy about him. I don't know that he wins but I am confident in a top 10 from him. In general I am leary of people who have won recently (Phil, Els) but for some reason I trust Furyk.

Overall- Hope Poulter or Furyk win and then count on the remaining three to be top 10 or top 25.

YE Yang- played well at the masters and is playing with a good amount of confidence on the asian tour. I don't think he wins, but I think he has a good shot at a top 10.
V. Taylor- This is my "stretch" pick. 3 top 10s (a 2nd in houston) and his scoring average for the year is pretty good (70.88). Historically he is a dang good putter but that hasn't been so true this year. MC at quail hollow is scarring me a little bit though...
I. Poulter- Second last year and playing good golf of late. He has confidence that he can play this course I think he has a great chance of winning in the next few weeks. Let's hope it is this one!
J. Furyk- Drafted to replace the fallen AK. Playing very well recently and has a good energy about him. I don't know that he wins but I am confident in a top 10 from him. In general I am leary of people who have won recently (Phil, Els) but for some reason I trust Furyk.

Overall- Hope Poulter or Furyk win and then count on the remaining three to be top 10 or top 25.

Swap out Taylor for Paul Goydos and you've got my team!

On Tour Talk I took Hunter Mahan, but when it came to making my picks for this contest I just couldn't type in his name, not sure why. I ended up taking:
Sergio Garcia
Justin Rose
Phil Mickelson
Jim Furyk

Dont know why, but I couldnt write Phil's name down. Or Tiger's. Probably will regret it, but might not...

Sergio Garcia (TM)
Dustin Johnson (TM)
Matt Kuchar
Jim Furyk

Go get 'em boys!

Here are my guys, so you all can remind me who I picked :wink:

Jim Furyk
Phil Mickelson
Sean O'Hair
Jason Day

We'll see, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

I chose Anthony Kim before I realized he wasn't participating...haha.

Kenny Perry
Sergio Garcia
Tiger Woods
Camilo Villegas

i let the wife pick my foursome. it took me a minute to explain that she had to pick two tm staffers but now she gets it.

paddy
phil
ye yang
martin kaymer

went a similar route - had my 4 year old pick (with a little help)

mickelson
mcilroy
dustin johnson
kaymer

I am surprised how many picked Sergio based on his play this year. I am also very surprised that so few have said they picked Tiger.

i let the wife pick my foursome. it took me a minute to explain that she had to pick two tm staffers but now she gets it.

paddy
phil
ye yang
martin kaymer

Very similar to you.

Paddy
Lefty
Yang
Garcia

no way would i have picked sergio, that dude's just lacking some serious passion.

if i were picking i would've picked goydos. he plays well there.

Mickleson
Furyk
Dustin Johnson
Yang

I ended up with
Dustin Johnson
Y.E. Yang
Mickleson
Tiger
I originally had AK and Furyk but once Kim withdrew I replaced him with Tiger and I'm still not sure how I ended up with Mickleson. LOL

No way Id pick Sergio either. My picks were:

Mickelson
Goydos
Cabrera
Dustin Johnson

What do you think the percentage is that Canadian entries include Mike Weir?

that will make it all the more sweet when i kick your arses lol

also - never took part in a contest here - will you post picks or standings after each round?

With 2,000 entries, no way to post standings. People usually post how their own picks are doing after each round though.

no way would i have picked sergio, that dude's just lacking some serious passion.

if i were picking i would've picked goydos. he plays well there.

I wasn't sure at first about Sergio, but thought that he might gain some confidence at a course he has done well at.

Back