Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year we kicked off the Thanksgiving spirit by giving away a set of Taylormade Burner irons to celebrate them becoming the #1 iron sold in the US.

Taylormade Burner Iron Contest

Immediately following that we celebrated the Holiday season by doing our take on the 12 Days of Holiday Cheer and gave away thousands of dollars worth of golf gear.

THP 12 Days Of Holiday Cheer Prizes

Taylormade & THP have teamed up again to bring you another amazing contest to showcase the irons that are quickly becoming some of the most popular both on the Tours and in the hands of golfers everywhere.

THP continues to be the only place to find the best golf contests each and every week and part of those amazing contests are our "Major" contests. Well, considering TPC is considered by many to be the Fifth Major, we wanted to make sure that this one is done THP Style and we are giving away TWO FULL SETS OF R9 IRONS!

Rules
Only one entry per person
Your "team" must be emailed to contests@thehackersparadise.com
You MUST include your screen name if you are a forum member to be considered in that "pool"!
The deadline of this contest Wednesday May 5th, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. All entries must be received by then to be considered.
This contest is for US & Canada Residents only.

This contest is open to everybody (forum & non-forum members), HOWEVER, if you are a THP Forum member with at least 5 posts, you have a better chance of winning. One of these sets is guaranteed to go to a member of the forum. You do not have to be a member to enter, however you can increase your odds substantially by joining up.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

By entering this contest you agree to post pictures of your prize, should you win, in our Contest Winners Thread in our forum.

Playing the Game

1. You will pick 4 players to be a part of your team of golfers from the field below.

2. Two of those players must be part of the Taylormade stable of golfers.

3. The team with the most prize money at the end will be declared the winner.

4. You will also pick the winners total score (example: 270) for a tie breaker.

Remember if you are a member of the THP Forum you have a better chance of winning. The highest earning forum member's team will be guaranteed a set of these irons. The overall money winner for the event will get the other set and that is open to everybody.

Good luck to everybody and we hope that every person here has a blast with this contest following some of the Taylormade Golfers during the TPC. We want to thank Taylormade Golf for another amazing prize.

852301849_7BhXA-M.jpg

852304248_2grrr-M.jpg

The Field
Michael Allen
Robert Allenby
Stephen Ames
Woody Austin
Aaron Baddeley
Briny Baird
Ricky Barnes
Cameron Beckman
Matt Bettencourt
Kris Blanks
Jason Bohn
Michael Bradley
Jonathan Byrd
Angel Cabrera
Mark Calcavecchia
Chad Campbell
Paul Casey
Alex Cejka
Greg Chalmers
K.J. Choi
Daniel Chopra
Stewart Cink
Tim Clark
Chris Couch
Fred Couples
Ben Crane
Ben Curtis
Brian Davis
Jason Day
Luke Donald
James Driscoll
Jason Dufner
Ernie Els
Bob Estes
Ross Fisher
Steve Flesch
Rickie Fowler
Harrison Frazar
Fred Funk
Jim Furyk
Sergio Garcia
Brian Gay
Lucas Glover
Mathew Goggin
Paul Goydos
Nathan Green

Bill Haas
Jay Haas
Padraig Harrington
J.P. Hayes
J.J. Henry
Charley Hoffman
J.B. Holmes
Charles Howell III
Ryuji Imada
Trevor Immelman
Fredrik Jacobson
Thongchai Jaidee
Lee Janzen
Dustin Johnson
Richard S. Johnson

Zach Johnson
Robert Karlsson
Martin Kaymer
Jerry Kelly
Anthony Kim
Jeff Klauk
Matt Kuchar
Martin Laird
Derek Lamely
Marc Leishman
Justin Leonard
Michael Letzig
Davis Love III
Bill Lunde
Hunter Mahan
John Mallinger
Steve Marino
Troy Matteson
Scott McCarron
Graeme McDowell
Rory McIlroy
George McNeill
John Merrick
Phil Mickelson
Bryce Molder
Francesco Molinari
Ryan Moore
Kevin Na
James Nitties
Sean O'Hair
Nick O'Hern
Geoff Ogilvy
Jeff Overton
Greg Owen
Ryan Palmer
Rod Pampling
Pat Perez
Kenny Perry
Tim Petrovic
Scott Piercy
D.A. Points
Ian Poulter
Alex Prugh
Ted Purdy
Brett Quigley
Jeff Quinney
Alvaro Quiros
John Rollins
Andres Romero
Justin Rose

Rory Sabbatini
Charl Schwartzel
Adam Scott
John Senden
Webb Simpson
Vijay Singh
Heath Slocum
Brandt Snedeker
Kevin Stadler
Henrik Stenson
Kevin Streelman
Steve Stricker
Chris Stroud
Kevin Sutherland
Vaughn Taylor
Roland Thatcher
Nicholas Thompson
David Toms
D.J. Trahan
Bo Van Pelt
Scott Verplank
Camilo Villegas
Jimmy Walker
Nick Watney
Bubba Watson
Boo Weekley
Mike Weir
Lee Westwood
Charlie Wi
Mark Wilson
Oliver Wilson
Tiger Woods
Y.E. Yang
Brendon de Jonge

Edit: Anthony Kim & Steve Stricker have both withdrawn.

Last edited:
NICE! Good lord, you guys continue to deliver some amazing prizes and contests. Good luck to all!

This is a great contest!

shweeeettt!

umm, this is awesome!!! thanks to thp and taylormade for a WONDERFUL opportunity. i usually just like to have fun with the contests but this one i need to take a lot more seriously.

good luck everyone!

i can attest to that whoever wins this contest will be getting of the great iron sets made this season ... in particular if you haven't played kbs shafts the hype is legitimate ...

Another great contest!! Thanks THP!!!

You guys.............

Once again, ya'll are awesome.

hope I do better in this than I did in the Masters Contest

What great news! This gives me something to hope for and look forward to next week as I'm in database managment training. I could use a set of irons to match my Monte Carlo. :D Thanks TaylorMade and THP!

I hit these at Outing I and was amazed at how smooth they felt along with the distance and trajectory I was getting. I was thinking 'great, that's all I need is to buy a set of irons now' ...but to be able to have the chance to win them? Niiiiiice.

My boss just picked up a set of R9s and he loves them to say the least. Great contest! Thanks THP and TaylorMade!

WHAT???? Thats so awesome....I never say this...but I would love to win those. I got rid of my TM irons and went with Nike and now I wanna go back to TM. I hope I pick correctly here.

Wow very nice contest. Let see if I have better luck this time:clapp:

Wow.. I'll definitely be paying closer attention to how guys are performing at Quail Hollow this weekend. Great contest and good luck to all!

NICE! Good lord, you guys continue to deliver some amazing prizes and contests. Good luck to all!
Hawk leave some prizes for the rest of us (still bummed about the What's for dinner contest - but I guess losing to a chef is ok)

Hawk leave some prizes for the rest of us (still bummed about the What's for dinner contest - but I guess losing to a chef is ok)

nothing wrong to losing a cooking contest to a chef though. all of the entries looked amazing!!

the question is when does JB and GG start cooking up some of the "unhealthy" stuff that was submitted. i know JB wants to try Nanna's breakfast casserole!

I will stay tuned tonight for the list :)

I'll be looking for that Pad Thai recipe rb. It looked incredible in the pictures! My guess is that you won't have to worry about me on this one. My skills at this kind of contest are lacking.

huh? do tell TC....
nothing wrong to losing a cooking contest to a chef though. all of the entries looked amazing!!

the question is when does JB and GG start cooking up some of the "unhealthy" stuff that was submitted. i know JB wants to try Nanna's breakfast casserole!

Lets keep this one about the contest, TPC, and the irons. As for the food, lets move it over to the Radio show thread if nobody minds. Thanks.

Fantastic Contest THP and TM! :blob::blob:

Awesome Contest!!! I will enter just for the heck of it (and bragging rights if I win). But seeing that I already own a set of R9s that I absolutely love, if I win I think I would allow the runner-up to enjoy the prize. Which, by the way, is a heck of a prize for winning.

This is an excellent contest, I can't wait. I've been eying those r9s!!!

Back