Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

Thanks everyone for the kind words. This was an awesome contest put on by THP and TaylorMade. The Players is already a special event to watch; this contest made it even more enjoyable. Prior to entering the contest, I noted that if I win I would allow the runner-up THPer to take the prize because I already own the R9 irons. Of course, at the time I really didn't think that I would win the contest.

Nonetheless, I really couldn't imagine doing anything other with the R9 irons.

First, I already game the TaylorMade R9 irons and they are the best irons I have ever owned. They give me a confidence in my game that I have never experienced prior to playing these irons. I would love to see these great irons in the hands of another fellow THPer and, most importantly, I hope that mkyolvr enjoys them as much as I do.

Second, the only reason I game the R9 irons in the first place is because of THP. When I joined this great forum, I was already in the hunt for new irons. I had my usual suspects on my "short list", but that didn't include the R9s at the time. After reading some things about the R9 irons on this site, however, I decided to hit a pal's R9s and then, subsequently hit them on the monitor. Long and behold, the R9s not only felt the best, but they performed the best for me. Because THP played such a significant role in me getting the R9s, it is only fitting that another THPer get the R9s through THP as well.

Finally, THP and TaylorMade/Adidas has already given me a prize that I absolutely love. At the end of last year, I won a THP contest and the prize was the Adidas Powerband Cart Bag. It is great and I use it quite frequently. Because I have been a lucky recepient of THP's and TaylorMade/Adidas' fabulous viral marketing techniques, I feel it is only right for someone else to see the benefit of their marketing and, perhaps, fall in love with many of their products like I have.

THP is a wonderful group of people with great conversation and incredibly useful info. JB and GG are awesome and I wish them well in all their endeavors, but particularly with THP related activities. TaylorMade/Adidas, you guys are great. Your stuff is starting to have an ever increasing presence in my bag. From driver to irons to wedges to balls, I am a fan. Keep it up.

Last edited:
first class looper, first class!

Congrats to the Winners and to THP....
Interlooper - what can I say......your generosity is top rate....

oh....and I was so close with a whopping $233,000....:act-up:

Congrats interlooper and Ray! Ray, it's time to join up! hehehe

EDIT: Wow, interlooper, nice gesture! And congrats to mkyolvr for finishing second in the forum contest!

What a great gesture!

Congrats to both winners.

Taylormade R9 Irons Contest - The Players Championship

Well played looper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to all. Definitely glad to have found this place, think I watched more golf this weekend than I ever have by paying attention to the contest.

Congrats to the winners! A special shoutout to Interlooper for being an awesome person!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. This was an awesome contest put on by THP and TaylorMade. The Players is already a special event to watch; this contest made it even more enjoyable. Prior to entering the contest, I noted that if I win I would allow the runner-up THPer to take the prize because I already own the R9 irons. Of course, at the time I really didn't think that I would win the contest.

First, I already game the TaylorMade R9 irons and they are the best irons I have ever owned. They give me a confidence in my game that I have never experienced prior to playing these irons. I would love to see these great irons in the hands of another fellow THPer and, most importantly, I hope that mkyolvr enjoys them as much as I do.

Second, the only reason I game the R9 irons in the first place is because of THP. When I joined this great forum, I was already in the hunt for new irons. I had my usual suspects on my "short list", but that didn't include the R9s at the time. After reading some things about the R9 irons on this site, however, I decided to hit a pal's R9s and then, subsequently hit them on the monitor. Long and behold, the R9s not only felt the best, but they performed the best for me. Because THP played such a significant role in me getting the R9s, it is only fitting that another THPer get the R9s through THP as well.

Finally, THP and TaylorMade/Adidas has already given me a prize that I absolutely love. At the end of last year, I won a THP contest and the prize was the Adidas Powerband Cart Bag. It is great and I use it quite frequently. Because I have been a lucky recepient of THP's and TaylorMade/Adidas' fabulous viral marketing techniques, I feel it is only right for someone else to see the benefit of their marketing and, perhaps, fall in love with many of their products like I have.

THP is a wonderful group of people with great conversation and incredibly useful info. JB and GG are awesome and I wish them well in all their endeavors, but particularly with THP related activities. TaylorMade/Adidas, you guys are great. Your stuff is starting to have an ever increasing presence in my bag. From driver to irons to wedges to balls, I am a fan. Keep it up.

Well said and classy move. Congrats on the win!

We could not let interlooper go home empty handed, so THP put a small prize pack together and it is on its way.

great stuff interlooper and a very very classy gesture on your part

knew that was coming! THP takes care of its own again! :clapp:

We could not let interlooper go home empty handed, so THP put a small prize pack together and it is on its way.

Congrats to the winners! Great picks and awesome gesture interlooper. People like you are what makes this site the best!

Very classy, Interlooper. Anyone else pick Ernie Els? I've been kicking myself for that choice.

An awesome gesture, way to go interlooper.

Congrats on great choices gentlemen! Awesome, unselfish act Interlooper. :clapp:

Very generous of you, THP. Looking forward to the package!

Congrats to all three of you! :clapp:

congrats interlooper...great prize

wow...I'm amazed at the generosity of interlooper. It's a very rare thing in todays world for someone to make such a genuine and selfless gesture. you could have easily taken the prize and put it on ebay to make a quick buck. Its people like you that give hope for humanity. First class all the way! Congrats to the winners and thanks to THP as always.

Man......................now I know why I stumbled on to this site.........................really makes me happy to have joined.......congrats to all the winners........................total class move Loop!!

welcome aboard podunker! go introduce yourself to the gang at the check in desk!

as you give so shall you receive ...
well done interlooper ...

Back