Taylormade R9 Irons

I had numerous insert issues with my R9s. However, I think it was mainly due to the fact that I would take them out to the range in very cold weather. I am guessing that the glue or whatever they were using just couldn't compete with the cold. Now that it has warmed up, I have not had any issues. Through the entire process, TM was very helpful!

Finally I was able to demo the R9 and 09 Burner. I also tried the Cleveland CG7 BP and Mizuno MX300. The longest clubs I hit were the R9 and Burner because of the strong lofts and extra shaft length. They were consistently 5 to 10 yards longer than the CG7 and MX300. I like the setup of the R9 better than the burner and the feel was also amazingly soft. However, the CG7 was probably the softest because for the rubber insert. In the end I decided to get the R9 because of the consistency I get in every shot, miss hits also goes straight wit a minimum loss of distance. I also liked the RBS shaft which I will put to the test in the golf course.

I'm also planning to get the R9 460 driver to replace my 07 Burner and a 3 09 Rescue. BTW, didn't I mentioned that I'm getting this all for free! I won a golf package from Carl's Golfland Demo Days worth $1500 and they allow me to get any equipment I want. The only thing I'm not replacing is my Burner 3 fairway wood and 2 Burner Rescue. I also probably get a couple of wedges either a Titleist Vokey Spin Milled or the Cleveland CG15 which I will post in another thread.

Just can't wait to get my hands on the R9 irons!

In the bag right now
Driver:
taylormade.jpg
07 Burner UST Proforce shaft
Fairway Wood:
taylormade.jpg
Burner 3 Wood
Hybrids:
taylormade.jpg
#2 Burner Rescue
Irons:
cleveland.jpg
CG4 Project X shaft
Wedges:
cleveland.jpg
CG10 50,
titelist.jpg
Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 55, 60
Putter:
odyssey.jpg
White Tour #7H

Finally I was able to demo the R9 and 09 Burner. I also tried the Cleveland CG7 BP and Mizuno MX300. The longest clubs I hit were the R9 and Burner because of the strong lofts and extra shaft length. They were consistently 5 to 10 yards longer than the CG7 and MX300. I like the setup of the R9 better than the burner and the feel was also amazingly soft. However, the CG7 was probably the softest because for the rubber insert. In the end I decided to get the R9 because of the consistency I get in every shot, miss hits also goes straight wit a minimum loss of distance. I also liked the RBS shaft which I will put to the test in the golf course.

I'm also planning to get the R9 460 driver to replace my 07 Burner and a 3 09 Rescue. BTW, didn't I mentioned that I'm getting this all for free! I won a golf package from Carl's Golfland Demo Days worth $1500 and they allow me to get any equipment I want. The only thing I'm not replacing is my Burner 3 fairway wood and 2 Burner Rescue. I also probably get a couple of wedges either a Titleist Vokey Spin Milled or the Cleveland CG15 which I will post in another thread.

Just can't wait to get my hands on the R9 irons!

:drool:

Just got my R9 irons on Thursday. Played a few rounds already and I am very impressed. Previously had R7-TP's and these are a full club farther.(they are lofted stronger). Recommend these as a must hit for those looking for clubs

OK, i'm officially interested in these irons now. i blame JB completely. we had a good conversation about these irons and i can't help but think that i should at least try them.

anyone have a lefty demo they wouldn't mind sharing?

+1

damn demo day...I knew I shouldn't have hit irons at all hehe

OK, i'm officially interested in these irons now. i blame JB completely. we had a good conversation about these irons and i can't help but think that i should at least try them.

anyone have a lefty demo they wouldn't mind sharing?

+1

damn demo day...I knew I shouldn't have hit irons at all hehe

the sad thing is that i didn't even hit them, but a conversation i had with JB definitely put these on the radar. i know that there's been a ton of good feedback on thp, but it's different when a guy who's seen you hit balls for 3 hours comes up and says what he says about them. dammit!

Stay tuned for a special announcement about R9 irons and THP coming up later today!!!! You will NOT want to miss this!

Stay tuned for a special announcement about R9 irons and THP coming up later today!!!! You will NOT want to miss this!

Huh? wow, I am excited about this announcement! This came out of the blue.

just tell me that they are left handed! hehe

i hear that smalls.

honestly, i have never really been into TM equipment. the penta lived up to the hype, the R9 driver is solid, and i had a great conversation with JB at the florida outing about the R9 irons. i need to get my hands on a demo to try out.

Cha-ching! good thing it's Optional work day Friday here in the office!!!

I don't have anyting Taylormade in my bag, but for some reason I am excited about this...

just tell me that they are left handed! hehe

hey buddy ... the r9 irons actually already come in left handed if you're looking for them ... carlsogolfland (other places too) carry them left handed ... also have some kind of lowest price guaranty ... so i doubt the news is related to dexterity ... but at least you know now you can get them lefty if you want them ...

as you know i picked myself up a set ... and have enjoyed them definitely ... still prefer the x22s no doubt ... but have become fond in particular of the kbs shafts ... and will be playing the kbs shafts in the x24s (and/or diablo forged) later this season ...

ps i saw your pics (in particular some golf swing pics) from the thp outing (as well as others of course) ... and no kidding around ... your balance looks impeccable ... and there's no fooling around in my opinion in saying the most important thing in the golf swing is balance ... i'm going to guess you're actually much better than you let on ...

SANDBAGGER !!!!!!

hey buddy ... the r9 irons actually already come in left handed if you're looking for them ... carlsogolfland (other places too) carry them left handed ... also have some kind of lowest price guaranty ... as you know i picked myself up a set ... prefer the x22s no doubt ... but have become fond of the kbs shafts ... and will be playing those shafts in the x24s (and/or diablo forged) later this season ...

ps i saw your pics (in particular some golf swing pics) from the thp outing (as well as others of course) ... and no kidding around ... your balance looks impeccable ... and there's no fooling around in my opinion in saying the most important thing in the golf swing is balance ... i'm going to guess you're actually much better than you let on ...

SANDBAGGER !!!!!!

thanks for the compliments vicar. biggsy told me that i also under state my golf game quite a bit on here but that's just the way i prefer it. i wouldn't say i'm a sandbagger, i just don't want to be open to criticisms or judgements about my game, that's all.

i love the 22's but like JB and i were talking about, i just don't have the right shafts in them. i wish i would've known what i know now about shafts when i bought the 22's. the R9's definitely intrigue me but mostly b/c of the kbs'. after having met JB, and watching him hit balls, then to have the conversation about the R9's that we did, they are definitely on my radar. unfortunately, i'm in no position to be purchasing new irons so this contest has me excited. i just hope that the R9's go to a good home.

thanks again man, your words mean a lot.

hey buddy ... the r9 irons actually already come in left handed if you're looking for them ... carlsogolfland (other places too) carry them left handed ... also have some kind of lowest price guaranty ... so i doubt the news is related to dexterity ... but at least you know now you can get them lefty if you want them ...

as you know i picked myself up a set ... and have enjoyed them definitely ... still prefer the x22s no doubt ... but have become fond in particular of the kbs shafts ... and will be playing the kbs shafts in the x24s (and/or diablo forged) later this season ...

SANDBAGGER !!!!!!

TC is a heck of a golfer.

TC is a heck of a golfer.

thanks seth, that's too kind. you keep it up man and you'll be taking my money next year.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice !!!! i'd feel like a glutton though to enter a contest for irons i already have ... on the other hand that would be a great prize of my own to give away for an outing later this season ...

just gotta make it home in time tonight before deadline to enter that other kia contest ... have a bag full of entries in mind but not yet decided on which i like best ... i'm a putter collecting sucker and that finish on the daytona puts me in a state of blissful daydream ...

I already have a $20 bet with your father.

man, you'll be taking uncle daddy's money in another month, haha! seriously, keep it up man, you're so close to scary good it's ridiculous. especially with that new flat stick of yours!

R9tp or AP2?? I have a demo day tomorrow in my area and have narrowed my choice down to these two. Want to choose tomorrow. Any thoughts?

Back