TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Review Thread

Nice AFW. Which irons are you leaning toward?

I have my first lesson on Sunday with Golf Tec and seriously pondering bringing the Stage.2 with me. Hahaha why not right

Bring the Stage 2 and hit some on the launch monitor. That's what I would do.:alien2:

Bring the Stage 2 and hit some on the launch monitor. That's what I would do.:alien2:

Oh I am and I am going to play real dumb.... Oh you said bring my glove and 6 iron and sweet RBZ that I am testing for THP hahha

Nice AFW. Which irons are you leaning toward?

I have my first lesson on Sunday with Golf Tec and seriously pondering bringing the Stage.2 with me. Hahaha why not right
Listen to Jeff. Take the stage 2 to the monitor with you. I actually thought they could just hand me a club identiclal to what I was testing, didn't think it would be a problem. They had to search for the setup they gave me. I would really like to see what my numbers are with this clubs.

Finally got to hit this one on the course today, not enough to really shape any definite thoughts. I personally am not a big fan of the shaft so far though.

Didn't think the sound was all that bad either. I do hope to get some use out of it again this weekend in Dallas though.

Finally got to hit this one on the course today, not enough to really shape any definite thoughts. I personally am not a big fan of the shaft so far though.

Didn't think the sound was all that bad either. I do hope to get some use out of it again this weekend in Dallas though.
As I think has been said before Jman. The shaft seems a little on the weak side, but is still quite playable. I hit it with a still shaft today at GG and it seemed to repsond a bit better. And yes you should have plenty of opportunity Sunday to pound the ball with the stage 2.

Nice. I am definitely interested to hear your thoughts. Please keep us updated and good luck and enjoy Dallas!

What's the flex and loft on that stage 2?

Curious on your thoughts regarding the shaft. I've been a little outspoken in saying I think it's a little weak feeling myself and you test and play with more golf shafts than I do. I personally feel this is the weakest point of what's seems to be a really great offering.

What's the flex and loft on that stage 2?
Stiff, 15*
Curious on your thoughts regarding the shaft. I've been a little outspoken in saying I think it's a little weak feeling myself and you test and play with more golf shafts than I do. I personally feel this is the weakest point of what's seems to be a really great offering.

I didn't feel like it kept up with my aggressive transition, when I steadied out and deliberately tried to smooth it out a bit it was ok. Something just felt a bit off with it. I only pulled it 3 times on the day to go head to head with the Classic though.

Stiff, 15*

If you have another 3w in your possession, we can do a little side by side XHot vs Stage 2 if you want.

Stiff, 15*

I didn't feel like it kept up with my aggressive transition, when I steadied out and deliberately tried to smooth it out a bit it was ok. Something just felt a bit off with it. I only pulled it 3 times on the day to go head to head with the Classic though.

Thanks. Sounds like we are kind of experiencing the same thing. When I laid off, fine. Normal "Jeff Swing", I felt disconnected, struck it nicely, but pushed it off the map right.

If you have another 3w in your possession, we can do a little side by side XHot vs Stage 2 if you want.
This would be interesting. The duel???

Seems to be a standing point of interest with the shaft. Going to get out again in the next couple days and leave all other FW's at home.

I do. its called the Cleveland Classic. :alien:
Thanks. Sounds like we are kind of experiencing the same thing. When I laid off, fine. Normal "Jeff Swing", I felt disconnected, struck it nicely, but pushed it off the map right.
We're on the same wavelength there it seems dude.
This would be interesting. The duel???
Maybe a party?

Oh I am and I am going to play real dumb.... Oh you said bring my glove and 6 iron and sweet RBZ that I am testing for THP hahha

I took my driver in for my iron fitting and hit a few afterwards. The fitter was cool with it and even made some suggestions for me. I don't think it will be a problem to hit some with the Stage 2. Tell him why you are doing it.

As I think has been said before Jman. The shaft seems a little on the weak side, but is still quite playable. I hit it with a still shaft today at GG and it seemed to repsond a bit better. And yes you should have plenty of opportunity Sunday to pound the ball with the stage 2.

I've the actual flex measured twice and although the shaft I have is labelled stiff--it's measured a 6.9--well in the x-stiff range. Do you think it is the shaft profile that is an issue or it being lightweight?

I do. its called the Cleveland Classic. :alien:

We're on the same wavelength there it seems dude.

Maybe a party?
My Stage 2 against yours. And mwards xhot. We need to get cookies R1 and cat.dru's Cobra driver into this also then. See who has the longest ????

RBZ Stage 2 15* FW Rocketfuel 60g Stiff Shaft Testing 2/28/13
On the Range

Performance in the Wind: I was able to make it out to the range for a little bit today to do some Stage 2 testing. It was windy today--steady 15-20 MPH with higher gusts--in the face and a little right to left. Usually I wouldn't be too excited in these conditions as it was chilly but it was a great day to see how the Stage 2 handles windy conditions.

I was worried that because I am seeing higher ball flight off the deck with the Stage 2 that it might balloon into the wind. Obviously, I expect to see distance loss going into the wind, I didn't see anything today that I would lead me to believe that I would have any issues with the ball ballooning with the Stage 2.

Ball Flight: Because of the wind, I was very aware of the ball flight today. The interesting thing about the Stage is that it launches fairly low but the peak ball height is high--an interesting thing to see but it works for me. Today I was hitting it pretty straight or with a slight draw.

Overall Thoughts to This Point:
I've had the Stage 2 for a few weeks now, and I am pretty impressed with its performance. It is easy to hit--very easy to hit off the deck and it's forgiving. It's also long. A few yards longer than my current gamer although being higher lofted.

I think I would prefer a heavier shaft as some of the other testers have noted, but I can't argue with the results. I am kind of tempted to switch out the shaft but I am going to a driver fitting soon, so I will take the Stage 2 with me and see what shaft would work best for me in it.

A far as looks go, I am not crazy about the graphics on the crown nor the white head. This is the third TM 3 wood with a white crown I have had, so it's obviously not a deal breaker for me. From my experience, I think the white crown actually reflects light more and is more distracting. Like the previous RBZ, I do like the simple 'R' on the crown as an alignment tool.

Shaft and aesthetic issues aside, the Stage 2 has been a solid performer for me. If I had to choose between my i20 and the Stage 2, I think I would go with the Stage 2 at this point.

I really like where this thread is headed! Can't wait to hear the results all!

My Stage 2 against yours. And mwards xhot. We need to get cookies R1 and cat.dru's Cobra driver into this also then. See who has the longest ????

I'm down with that. It'll give you a great review piece as well as give a few more people to chime in if they'd like in on it.

Don't sleep on the Classic. Trust me.

Trust me.

Don't sleep on the Classic. Trust me.

Trust me.

It's definitely not one to sleep on. It'll be neat though to compare the Stage 2 to them all and give some great feedback for people (see how I kept it on topic? hehe)

Live round thread? And testing sure I will buy a ticket

Sounds like a good deal to me. A full complement of golfers testing clubs on one course. Awesome.

Is anyone seeing positives with the club.
I mean does my one like it, the entire package. The length seems to an issue, the shaft is an issue, the groove on the bottom is an issue. Any positive take aways?

Back