TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

Great looking set of irons. If I wasn't married to something else, the P770 would get my attention.

Awesome write @Jman. I might actually have a full TM bag to start next season. The P770’s look and sound great

The irons look great, but what the heck is this supposed to mean (seen on TM Instagram stories)
Screenshot_20200810-130141_Instagram.jpg

Organic steel, huh?

My guess is that this was meant as a bit of a joke. That there are no "additives" as you will. Just forged steel.
When you put it that way, I guess haha. Just that you can't make steep without additives. Just the engineer in me.

When you put it that way, I guess haha. Just that you can't make steep without additives. Just the engineer in me.

I know. but there is no tungten, foam, etc in these. That is why the P790/770 are not pictured. At least that is my guess. That this was meant tongue in cheek.

I know. but there is no tungten, foam, etc in these. That is why the P790/770 are not pictured. At least that is my guess. That this was meant tongue in cheek.
True. As my wife likes to remind me, I take things too literally. Haha

this is going to be a nice line up with a lot of combo options for different folks. interested to see what "organic buttery steel" feels like

I play Taylormade R9 TP irons and always had my eye on the forged version, which I believe were only available in Japan?

looks like i'll finally get the chance to scratch that itch after seeing the P7MC

Got to give ol' Taylormade a tip of the cap here. Up until now I've never even considered them as a feasible iron brand (for me), but these certainly put them on the radar with Callaway/Mizuno/Hogan/Srixon to me.

I can’t wait to hit the P7MC and P7MB in some sort of combo set.

The story being told is undoubtedly one we already know from Mizuno forever now, but, these are some of the beat looking players irons I’ve ever seen.

This. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I don't know why but it bumps me when next gen irons use the same beginning numbers and letters but go to a lower number.

I will need to see the 770 in hand, but if they are as compact and clean as they look in the pictures they would be the 1st TM irons to get a real shot.

I really like these. I would be totally down for a p770/MB combo set based on looks alone.

I understand that the grill marks are signature Taylormade but looks a bit dated compared to the other irons.

Got to give ol' Taylormade a tip of the cap here. Up until now I've never even considered them as a feasible iron brand (for me), but these certainly put them on the radar with Callaway/Mizuno/Hogan/Srixon to me.

the last p lineup did that for me, though I only ever tried the 790. this lineup looks even better.

what i'm not so sure about is the comboability (is that a word?). the 770s seem to be my speed, but my ego likes the idea of the mc in scoring irons. from what I've seen, i'm not so sure the 770 would flow very well into the mc, though.

I can for sure see a fitting sometime next year. a shootout with tm, mizuno, Srixon, and whatever Callaway will be releasing.

Those look sexy

the last p lineup did that for me, though I only ever tried the 790. this lineup looks even better.

what i'm not so sure about is the comboability (is that a word?). the 770s seem to be my speed, but my ego likes the idea of the mc in scoring irons. from what I've seen, i'm not so sure the 770 would flow very well into the mc, though.

I can for sure see a fitting sometime next year. a shootout with tm, mizuno, Srixon, and whatever Callaway will be releasing.
They have a fitting “key” to make combo sets work with what needs to happen loft wise.

They have a fitting “key” to make combo sets work with what needs to happen loft wise.

I was thinking about size differences being an issue. mc looks pretty intimidating. just wondering how much difference there is visually at address.

I'm not sure I'd ever be a combo set guy, but I'm sure you could find a way to make these blend alright.
The 770 are essentially a combo set unto themselves arent they?

I'm pulled to the MC as a force of habit, but I'm admittedly nowhere near the ball striker I was 1-2 years ago so it's probably time for me to accept a little more help.

Here is said key.

1597092560102.png

The flow very very well. Depending on where you want to break up the set. You can either leave the lofts alone or tweak the MC strong by one degree or the P770s weak by a degree.

Taylor Made has a great line up from top to bottom. I could easily play a whole bag of their sticks.

I really want to hit a MC/MB combo.

Back