TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
While there is no denying that the P790 irons from TaylorMade practically revolutionized irons and brought the hollow body iron to the minds of a much broader audience than ever before, one could make the argument that besides that release, and the subsequent refresh of it under the same name, the options have left many wanting more. Once upon a time, not all that long ago, TaylorMade was at the forefront of creating entire iron lineups that not only performed but looked good too.

Well, perhaps we are about to see a return to form there from TMaG with this coming release announcement. The P790 will remain firmly in the lineup, but not only is there a “Sibling Rivalry” being introduced in the P770 which features the same design tech as its bigger beefier brother, but also two new fully forged players irons in the P7MC and P7MB.

Continue reading...

Great write up!
Definitely considering these against the new Mizunos and MP20 line for my new irons.
These definitely look great, the top line of the MC looks great and hard to distinguish a difference to the MB!
770s also look great, Rick Shiels review is up on these and certainly look like a good option.
Will be really interested to learn more about the other two.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The P7MC looks sooooo good. I like the 770 too. Competes with the i500 in the compact distance iron space.

The P770 looks to be very solid. The other two remind me of the story of what Mizuno has been saying. All the way down to the grain structure.

The P770 look really good to me. I dislike the lines on the back of the MC very much but I likely wouldn't game them anyway.

That P770 is a heck of a club! In a fan of the tech and the looks. The other two are going to be a hard sell for me - I don’t think I have the game and I don’t trust Tmag with that kind of design right now

having played the previous p770 versions, these new ones look like a huge step up!!! The p7mc looks pretty underwhelming

• Staff
The P770 look really good to me. I dislike the lines on the back of the MC very much but I likely wouldn't game them anyway.
To be fair, players cavity backs from TM have had that look for decades now back to the original TP releases.

• Staff
having played the previous p770 versions, these new ones look like a huge step up!!! The p7mc looks pretty underwhelming
Totally different beast now. Those were in line with the cavity backs, these are literally the sibling to the 790’s now.

To be fair, players cavity backs from TM have had that look for decades now back to the original TP releases.
I played the 2011 TP MC's for years and those are still my favorite irons of all time. I think id still take the looks of those over the new versions

I can’t wait to hit the P7MC and P7MB in some sort of combo set.

The story being told is undoubtedly one we already know from Mizuno forever now, but, these are some of the beat looking players irons I’ve ever seen.

I played the 2011 TP MC's for years and those are still my favorite irons of all time. I think id still take the looks of those over the new versions
Those were the last TM irons I really liked and completely agree

I know but it doesn't mean I still don't like it haha

I think this is the first time maybe ever I was super excited for a taylormade iron. They are straight swinging for the fences.

Well now, those are nice to look at first thing in the morning.

Man those 770s look damn good. Will be really interesting to see if they have better spin numbers than 790 while still having good ball speed and launch.

I think this is the first time maybe ever I was super excited for a taylormade iron. They are straight swinging for the fences.
Its more like they are REACTING for the fences, what makes me sad is they aren't even trying to create new marketing stories anymore, Flow Forging is just straight up Mizuno.

That said, its also the first time in YEARS they have a complete iron lineup, a truly complete lineup, and that is exciting for everyone.

These look great. the P770 look really nice!

This entire lineup looks solid to me. I am really intrigued by the P770s. Nice writeup!

The P7MB and P770 look really good and if the marketing information is correct then I'm excited to try them out. I like the smaller hollow body head in the P770. Great writeup James!

The P770s look fantastic. I feel so so about the other two, but I suspect the P770s are going to be a home run.

Those are really good looking!!! Thin soles, not much offset. Very nice.

These look really nice 2/3 ain't bad. Very intriguing.

Following up after reading more widely and watching some youtube. P770 has my attention. Reasonable lofts, smaller head shape. Looks stunning! Would I put TM irons in my bag? These are definitely contenders. :love:

Back