TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

MC looks delicious.

However extremely overpriced given the complete lack of tech..

Thinking about either the P770s or 921's to replace my current 919 forged sets. What are peoples thoughts on the KBS Tour stock shaft? I play a Modus 105 stiff at the minute, but perhaps find it a little light, although it is smooth.

I read a comment on the web referring to TM automatically soft stepping iron shafts? Does anyone know for sure if that is true? When building a custom set soft stepping is an option so I’m guessing if they did do that automatically it was in the past? Would love to know for sure before I order

I read a comment on the web referring to TM automatically soft stepping iron shafts? Does anyone know for sure if that is true? When building a custom set soft stepping is an option so I’m guessing if they did do that automatically it was in the past? Would love to know for sure before I order

I have never heard of this. Like you said, soft step up to 2x or hard step up to 2x is an option. I bet if you call TM we’ll get the right answer.

b4236d2822e579d75385e31f42b6d00d.jpg

I keep coming back to this thread to drool. All three are beautiful.

Ummmm....got to hit these today

9FA90E33-E2B9-4D2B-842E-1783EF62CBA0.jpeg5DC44706-FFD8-4218-9E16-E2F38DE2AD71.jpeg7F76C48B-C4B3-40CC-8C6B-30925DA29220.jpegD1DE29D2-EFA3-4F36-9EBE-6ACAB682B181.jpeg6AF1A3B4-2C87-484E-83DF-7145248BDA6C.jpeg

Hearing rumors the 770 are back ordered until Nov. Not sure if that’s inventory control or consumer demand, but something is happening with those irons.

Hearing rumors the 770 are back ordered until Nov. Not sure if that’s inventory control or consumer demand, but something is happening with those irons.

Demand ran them out of inventory. I’m not sure how much covid plays into it as well. I know the 770s were backordered after two business days. If you didn’t get an order in by Monday evening, the ship dates got pushed back into Oct. SOL if you live in Europe. These guys got emails saying their orders were delayed until Nov.

Last edited:
Placed my order for the MCs last Monday. Slightly excited. The waiting game is the hardest part.

Tell me MOAR!
need some more info my dude!
Yes more.

ok ok...😂

The p7MC’s were everything I wanted the P770’s to be in Feel and Look at address. I was spinning about 500rpm more when compared to the P770’s with KBS Tour 120 and the hard rocks for balls in the simulator (I’m sure this will spike higher with a premium ball). I scheduled a TM fitting With the TM rep for September 5th to really dive into shaft offerings. Hard pulls saw an increase in distance and a drop in spin. Quite a large amount as expected. They only had a 1deg upright head for me to try which was fine because I recently found out I should be at .5deg upright. Miss low on the face definitely felt harsher, and this type of iron will let you know it, but distance loss was minimal surprisingly but spin did drop off. I couldn’t miss right with these. Besides the pull I was getting (Indian Not arrow but also maybe shaft related), I was pin hunting with these. A very solid impression on my first go around with these.These are easily at the fore front for me in this lineup. I do want to wait till the fitting to give a second go at the P770’s but this one was fantastic today.

ok ok...😂

The p7MC’s were everything I wanted the P770’s to be in Feel and Look at address. I was spinning about 500rpm more when compared to the P770’s with KBS Tour 120 and the hard rocks for balls in the simulator (I’m sure this will spike higher with a premium ball). I scheduled a TM fitting With the TM rep for September 5th to really dive into shaft offerings. Hard pulls saw an increase in distance and a drop in spin. Quite a large amount as expected. They only had a 1deg upright head for me to try which was fine because I recently found out I should be at .5deg upright. Miss low on the face definitely felt harsher, and this type of iron will let you know it, but distance loss was minimal surprisingly but spin did drop off. I couldn’t miss right with these. Besides the pull I was getting (Indian Not arrow but also maybe shaft related), I was pin hunting with these. A very solid impression on my first go around with these.These are easily at the fore front for me in this lineup. I do want to wait till the fitting to give a second go at the P770’s but this one was fantastic today.

how would you compare these to p770? feel, peak, spin, forgiveness, distance?

how would you compare these to p770? feel, peak, spin, forgiveness, distance?

I put 760’s back in the back over the ZForged for the extra forgiveness. Feel wise I preferred the 760’s to the 770’s. The P7MC’s are much more in line with the 760’s in the feel department without being “too soft” as many have commented on the 760’s. With that said, I enjoy the feel of the 760’s. Major difference between P7MC’s and 760’s is the P7MC’s have a nice soft but solid feel to them. You can feel the ball jump off the face. Where as the 760’s just feel soft. Maybe it was the few swings I took with the 770’s and not striking the ball well or whatever, but having now compared them I would go 7MC’s, 760’s and then 770’s. I try a lot of irons in the shops I go to and To be honest the 770’s remind me very much of the Mavrik Pro’s fee wise if I had to compre an iron off the top of my head. I’ll definitely get some more swings in the next few days with them to see if that holds true

The P7MC’s spun more than the 770’s for sure. That’s with crappy balls and with KBS 120 vs DG 120. Launch was similar as well. Slightly off centered hits produced pretty comparable spin numbers to the 770’s but well struck shots definitely spun more.

Distance wise not a whole lot between the P770’s and the P7MC’s. As opposed to the P790’s which flew a mile. The new line seems to be consistent across the board. I would say within 5-10yrds of each other.

As far as forgiveness is concerned. I initially didn’t notice a lot of difference between the 760’s and 770’s. But I was much more consistent and accurate with the 7MC’s. Could be the perimeter weighting or just that I was swinging it good today but I was much tighter with the 7MC’s than I was with the 770’s.

Last edited:
great feedback @X.Man sounds like you’ll be placing an order soon ;)

great feedback @X.Man sounds like you’ll be placing an order soon ;)

You should try them both. You have the game for the MC’s for sure! But don’t know if there will be a huge difference between your gamers when compared to the 770’s. But hey you never know until you swing them side by side. I could be totally wrong like I often am! 😂

You should try them both. You have the game for the MC’s for sure! But don’t know if there will be a huge difference between your gamers when compared to the 770’s. But hey you never know until you swing them side by side. I could be totally wrong like I often am! 😂

interesting hearing you compare the 770 to my gamers. i love my irons and i’m not really interested in changing. but the eye wanders from time to time.

interesting hearing you compare the 770 to my gamers. i love my irons and i’m not really interested in changing. but the eye wanders from time to time.

They are lookers for sure! Dont blame ya!

To be honest the 770’s remind me very much of the Mavrik Pro’s fee wise if I had to compre an iron off the top of my head.

Interesting. One reviewer I really pay attention to mentioned the exact same thing, really casually, during a discussion on the 770s. That comparison would go along well with the descriptions of feel I've seen/heard from most others, too.

Thinking about either the P770s or 921's to replace my current 919 forged sets. What are peoples thoughts on the KBS Tour stock shaft? I play a Modus 105 stiff at the minute, but perhaps find it a little light, although it is smooth.

Why not go to the Modus 120, then (although I understand that this question doesn’t answer your question)?

Demand ran them out of inventory. I’m not sure how much covid plays into it as well. I know the 770s were backordered after two business days. If you didn’t get an order in by Monday evening, the ship dates got pushed back into Oct. SOL if you live in Europe. These guys got emails saying their orders were delayed until Nov.

This is the same thing that happened when the OG P790s released. I remember it so well, because I was really excited for the release. At about the same time, Bob Parsons/PXG was trying to obtain an injunction preventing the release in the patent infringement suit filed against TaylorMade.

MC/MB set would be pretty nice to put these new Onyx Elevate Tour X100’s in.....:unsure:

MC/MB set would be pretty nice to put these new Onyx Elevate Tour X100’s in.....:unsure:

Those would be stunning.

Back