TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

someone I have played in tournaments bought a set of combos!
3-4 in the 770
5-7 in the MCs
8-pw in the MBs

Such a pretty set!

someone I have played in tournaments bought a set of combos!
3-4 in the 770
5-7 in the MCs
8-pw in the MBs

Such a pretty set!
I could probably get on board with that exact setup. He gonna let you try 'em?!

$__ says you can't beat me with my clubs... Worth a shot? Lol

I could probably get on board with that exact setup. He gonna let you try 'em?!

$__ says you can't beat me with my clubs... Worth a shot? Lol
I really want to try the 770s and MCs. The MBs are out of my class.

How do you think the 770 would play bent 2° strong? I fear the leading edge/turf interaction.

How do you think the 770 would play bent 2° strong? I fear the leading edge/turf interaction.
I would be worried about trajectory more. Wonder why you would bend them stronger? Unless you are trying to combo with 790.

thanks fedex. monday hopefully.

I would be worried about trajectory more. Wonder why you would bend them stronger? Unless you are trying to combo with 790.

I want to distance of the 790 but the look of the 770 and feel

I want to distance of the 790 but the look of the 770 and feel
Believe it or not, even though
They are weaker lofted, the carry distances are very similar. I found the 770’s very long, half a club longer than my Srixons in the same loft/shaft.

Believe it or not, even though
They are weaker lofted, the carry distances are very similar. I found the 770’s very long, half a club longer than my Srixons in the same loft/shaft.

I've seen several people mention this and I can't figure out how this is the case. Not doubting you but just don't understand. Is it a "I think that's as far as my other club" kind of thing, or you've hit them on a monitor side-by-side and they go almost the same?

Seems like these are going to be a splash hit in the market. I still need to see them in person

Seems like these are going to be a splash hit in the market. I still need to see them in person
They’re soooooooo good looking in person. I should have never hit the MC’s.

Icons vs the MCs?
Different beasts since one is an MB ;)

Honestly though, 6 in one and a half dozen in the other. Both feel amazing, and the Hogan’s are why I’m not jumping on a combo of these already, I don’t think I’d gain anything but just make a lateral move.

I've seen several people mention this and I can't figure out how this is the case. Not doubting you but just don't understand. Is it a "I think that's as far as my other club" kind of thing, or you've hit them on a monitor side-by-side and they go almost the same?
I have two rounds with them, plus three range sessions, and I catogorically say that they are a half club longer. Today’s round was more of a practice round and I hit them side by side on every approach shot and sometimes hit 2-3 balls. The P790’s are were actually shorter than my Srixons on trackman when I hit them a few months back. i would hit them and see the numbers before I ordered them blindly 2* strong. Personally I don’t purchase irons based on how far they go (whether I am hitting a 4 or 5 iron 200 yards, I don’t care which), I am concerned that my gapping is correct, flight is good and the clubs are consistent.

I would agree now that they are back ordered until almost November. (P770’s that is)

WOWWWWWW.

Checked things and the P7MB/MC are now backed out to 10/29, was 9/4 a week and a half ago.:oops:

WOWWWWWW.

Checked things and the P7MB/MC are now backed out to 10/29, was 9/4 a week and a half ago.:oops:

selling like hot cakes..I am a fan of what taylormade has been doing. But this has always been a grip of mine.. they never seem to be able to release a club and keep up.

I know this year is a bit different but it seems they always struggle with releases.

selling like hot cakes..I am a fan of what taylormade has been doing. But this has always been a grip of mine.. they never seem to be able to release a club and keep up.

I know this year is a bit different but it seems they always struggle with releases.
Looking deeper, it’s the MB that are 10/24, MC appear to still be in decent stock. I know they make less MB, all companies do, but the feedback and buzz on these seems to be next level.

I know taylormade has been running lean since the private equity take over, I'm shocked at how low of inventory they are doing for this release. Unless there is really that much demand.

Looking deeper, it’s the MB that are 10/24, MC appear to still be in decent stock. I know they make less MB, all companies do, but the feedback and buzz on these seems to be next level.
And they're pretty. So pretty some might be buying them that can't actually play them well.

Ohhhhhh they arrived today after all!!!

77ff498d10d6e9c15ae9a03d7a07743f.jpg

c5a073c7eef2750067ecb1066920da7c.jpg

Thanks to @NVGOLFER80 I was able to get fitted quickly and ordered my set. Man these are BEAUTIFUL in person. I went with the combo set and ordered 4,5 irons in MC and 6-PW MB. Got the call today that I wont be getting them until late October which is what I expected the turn around time to be anyway, but can't wait to throw these beauties in the bag

Back