TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

I
Thanks to @NVGOLFER80 I was able to get fitted quickly and ordered my set. Man these are BEAUTIFUL in person. I went with the combo set and ordered 4,5 irons in MC and 6-PW MB. Got the call today that I wont be getting them until late October which is what I expected the turn around time to be anyway, but can't wait to throw these beauties in the bag

I can't wait till we get out with those and see how you do.. I am expecting good things.

Getting their maiden voyage today and man oh man are these some solid irons. Very impressed so far!

8c005c3fe7abbdd727841c0fde5b754f.jpg
These look really good in a real life picture.
Where are you taking these beauties for the Maiden Voyage?

These look really good in a real life picture.
Where are you taking these beauties for the Maiden Voyage?

I just finished up playing the legacy course at Sweetbriar.

I just finished up playing the legacy course at Sweetbriar.
Great course. Shot 39 on the back 9 3 weeks ago.
How did the MCs hold those greens?
They held my Apex 19s well.
I imagine the MCs were really good

Great course. Shot 39 on the back 9 3 weeks ago.
How did the MCs hold those greens?
They held my Apex 19s well.
I imagine the MCs were really good

Held them very well. First round with them not too bad. 76. My putter let me down...go figure. Had 33 putts

Held them very well. First round with them not too bad. 76. My putter let me down...go figure. Had 33 putts
Awesome to hear. Never broke 85 there from the standard tees.
Did shoot -16 in a scramble and finished 11th place.

Getting their maiden voyage today and man oh man are these some solid irons. Very impressed so far!

8c005c3fe7abbdd727841c0fde5b754f.jpg

mine are finally out for delivery. i know its a crazy time right now for shipping but DAMN IT FEDEX. It was at my local fedex facility since Saturday....stupid me just sat here not requesting a pickup either....

5i p770 (left), 6i MC (right) for face pics
IMG_4545.JPGIMG_4547.JPGIMG_4546.JPGIMG_4544.JPGIMG_4543.JPG

good pics @jin_xianjun blending isn't too bad there. good looking irons, lots of high praise out there. enjoy them!

Good pics. Thanks for sharing. I think the offset jumps out at me the most. Look good though.

this made me chuckle. when I saw his pic I thought "interesting, the differences in offset aren't that bad" lol

this made me chuckle. when I saw his pic I thought "interesting, the differences in offset aren't that bad" lol
It's the shape at the neck I think that makes it more noticeable to my eye.

Good pics. Thanks for sharing. I think the offset jumps out at me the most. Look good though.
Yeah the offset is there. It isn't too bad though as you transition. Based on the chart, I went 0.5* weak on the P770s. Not a significant bend though.
The other thing I immediately thought was that this entire set feels really upright. (Or maybe I've been unknowingly playing flat irons all my life?) But I noticed that with other TM irons too.

Saw this whole range in person today. Store actually had full sets to demo already (I didn't hit them). They look absolutely great. I was a bit surprised at how compact the 770 is. Quite a bit smaller than I remember the 790 being. Very much appears to be a players club. Going to give them a hit in the next few days.

Saw this whole range in person today. Store actually had full sets to demo already (I didn't hit them). They look absolutely great. I was a bit surprised at how compact the 770 is. Quite a bit smaller than I remember the 790 being. Very much appears to be a players club. Going to give them a hit in the next few days.

Definitely much smaller.

I was intimidated haha. The MC's might as well be blades to my eye.

I only got to hit the 770s, but they are definitely not going to be a world beater in forgiveness. The company has other irons for that.

i think this was mentioned before but i love the milling on the faces of the MC. looks so sharp

i think this was mentioned before but i love the milling on the faces of the MC. looks so sharp

Yeah I noticed that on the few swings I took. If you zoom in on this pic I took its quite cool. Got my TM fitting on Saturday. Let’s see how it goes. May compare to 921’s if demos are available.
FAF98D3F-B93D-41E7-AF7E-CA414DCDFC5C.jpeg

Yeah I noticed that on the few swings I took. If you zoom in on this pic I took its quite cool. Got my TM fitting on Saturday. Let’s see how it goes. May compare to 921’s if demos are available.
View attachment 8961531
What did you end up going with. I have had a few rounds with my P7 MC and P770 Combo set. I have found the 770's pretty forgiving and easy to hit, but the MC's are demanding to hit. They feel great, but I dont think they are any less or more forgiving than the P7MB's

What did you end up going with. I have had a few rounds with my P7 MC and P770 Combo set. I have found the 770's pretty forgiving and easy to hit, but the MC's are demanding to hit. They feel great, but I dont think they are any less or more forgiving than the P7MB's

Havent ordered yet. Have my TM fitting on Saturday. Waiting to put up the new line up to my P760’s in a Thorough head to head

Back