TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

Full story: I couldn’t resist on this set. Through some connections I was able to get this 4-GW with Modus 120 delivered this Friday for well
Below the retail price of a 4-PW set that are currently back ordered till November. I did hit a couple shots on the course with a buddy’s 770 and that’s what convinced me to go all in. Could I go 7-PW with the MC’s? Absolutely! I’m just not down with waiting till November! 😂 Heck, I can order a set of Modus 130’s if I really wanted to and only be about $100 or so over retail and I’ll have them re shafted by next week!

when you can't shake the thought that the 120s aren't a good fit, and you should have gone with some 7mcs as well, hit me up so we can play and i can hit them before you make a change haha

when you can't shake the thought that the 120s aren't a good fit, and you should have gone with some 7mcs as well, hit me up so we can play and i can hit them before you make a change haha

The possibilities are endless! 😂

FedEx failed me. Won’t have clubs in Hand till tomorrow/Sunday!

FedEx failed me. Won’t have clubs in Hand till tomorrow/Sunday!
Ugh. This is why I ignore all estimated delivery/expected arrival/out for delivery stuff. It just shows up when it shows up. Helps me avoid a killing spree. :LOL:

Ugh. This is why I ignore all estimated delivery/expected arrival/out for delivery stuff. It just shows up when it shows up. Helps me avoid a killing spree. :LOL:

I paid an extra $50 for guaranteed delivery. Called today and they refunded the difference. But it’s overall very disappointing for sure.

they have arrived!!

6113266D-7F68-4B83-974A-A74194BBB0E8.jpeg

Going to do a bag update with a few more pics but can’t bring myself to take the wrappers off just yet!

CAF48DC0-8CB8-4E1A-B7B2-9A9B54B9BD97.jpeg

Got to hit the MBs this afternoon, and I will say that they felt a little better than I thought they would. I could play that set.

Very keen on hearing from those who went from the P760 into the P770.

Particularly any noticable differences in feel, forgivness and distance?

Seriously thinking about it.

Aright. Got to run through a set of the 770's today. The best part about it was that they were EXACTLY as I thought they'd be from the reviews I'd seen and read. Literally zero surprises, which I think is good when you have fairly high expectations. Expected offset, nice and compact for what they are - pleasing look and shape, really. Felt firm, but not overly loud or too high pitched. Longer than I would have thought, with a reeeally high ball flight, and decent spin. Honestly, they seem like they'd be tons of fun. I was expecting to get a set of 921 forged, but there were a couple surprises there today, so these might be a good fall/winter set to play around with. There are things I don't love, but overall I was impressed. Aside from a little too much visual offset for the player they're after, and the feel thing, I think they nailed it.

Couple swings with the MCs to confirm zero interest too. Don't like the look and not drawn to them at all compared to other recent CBs.

Finally got out to the range for the first time with these in the bag. Hit a medium bucket with the long irons in a medium bucket with a short irons. The long irons are much easier to hit than my previous 760 and had a much more solid feel at impact than the 760s. It felt powerful. That was a nice welcome. I focused a lot on the transition between 6i and 7i, then 7i and 8i as that’s where I think I most would transition in a combo set.

The 6i being slightly larger than the 760’s iron was definitely much more confident inspiring. which if I were to combo I would probably keep the 7i iron in the 770 just for the extra help. 8i through PW definitely had more offset than I’m used to. Which is something new to my eye coming from the 760s. Nothing but a couple swings and I adjusted fine. But it was noticeable at first. Something I was interested about was Turf interaction because in my previous photos posted in this thread you could see the leading edge in the 760s Had some relief to it. But I was pleasantly surprised there was absolutely zero issues turf in action with these. Hit off grass and it was effortless. That’s another keyword here: “effortless”. Maybe it’s the slightly larger profile, could be the slightly extra offset Or all that combine, but these are just so much easier to hit overall than the 760s. Not that the 760s are hard to hit by any means, but these just give you that extra help. The range I Was hitting at was a water range and today was straight into the wind. Had A nice little breeze out there. I was able to Easily sit the ball back in the stance, and hit knocked down shots without any issues. Looking forward to hopefully getting on my maiden voyage round tomorrow for some more Feedback

Last edited:
Saw these in person for the first time yesterday. The 770s are really compact and offer a lovely profile (to my eye). I like a players iron so these looked great. Same with the MC, another beautiful looking iron. Didn’t hit them but will be giving them a try soon. As others mentioned, the offset on the 770 becomes a little more noticeable in the shorter irons so a combo would be ideal. Can’t wait to give them a hit.

I've never been a Taylormade guy when it comes to irons, but good grief the 770s look good in hand. Like, WOW!

I picked up a set of these a couple weeks ago, and I’ve been really impressed. Like ArmyGolf said - it’s a great looking set of irons. As someone who really likes a progressive set, these check the boxes. The long irons are really easy to hit, and the short irons play more like your traditional “players” set.

They definitely are more demanding than the 790s - and that comes down to blade size/length. I tend to prefer a shorter blade size. My miss is usually due to face angle/face-to-path. I’ve hit a couple real low on the face and these absolutely let you know. But they still provide a good amount of help.

Definitely shorter than something like the Apex CF19, consistent with the lofts. Similar to the Ping i series I’ve played in the past - maybe with a bit more pop in the long irons. I’m in the middle of trying a few different iron sets, but I’ve been more consistent with these than my gamers (weirdly, especially in the long irons) and the T300s. But, that could come down to the KBS Tour shaft in them. That’s been an old standby for me that I got away from for a while, and I’m wondering if that was a mistake.

Got a last minute round In Today with the 770’s. First time in a long time that I am peeling wrapper off clubs as I need them. Lol. Hit some really solid iron shots with these today. I used the 4i off the tee a lot and saw some really good shots. Definitely higher launching that I’m used to in a 4i but that is welcomed. Hit a 4i into a long Par 3 and it took one hop and stopped. Not something i am used to with a 4i. Distances were maybe 5 or so yards longer than my 760’s, which allowed me to play to my regular distances adding that control! and they look DAMN GOOD in the bag! Excited to keep working with these

Last edited:
After hitting both again today, I'm leaning towards combo'ing the 770's and MB's, and skipping the MC's altogether. I ran through the sets quick close-ish to how I would do it, and I don't think it'll be a big problem. I had my own balls this time around too, and the numbers were good. They look great together too. I had them sitting in the demo bag like I would my own and I liked it.

Last edited:
I might need some lead tape all around on my set

Got a last minute round In Today with the 770’s. First time in a long time that I am peeling wrapper off clubs as I need them. Lol. Hit some really solid iron shots with these today. I used the 4i off the tee a lot and saw some really good shots. Definitely higher launching that I’m used to in a 4i but that is welcomed. Hit a 4i into a long Par 3 and it took one hop and stopped. Not something i am used to with a 4i. Distances were maybe 5 or so yards longer than my 760’s, which allowed me to play to my regular distances adding that control! and they look DAMN GOOD in the bag! Excited to keep working with these

I’m not sure I’ve liked the look of an iron in the bag more than these in a while. It’s a nice combination of tech-forward and classic.

After hitting both again today, I'm leaning towards combo'ing the 770's and MB's, and skipping the MC's altogether. I ran through the sets quick close-ish to how I would do it, and I don't think it'll be a big problem. I had my own balls this time around too, and the numbers were good. They look great together too. I had them sitting in the demo bag like I would my own and I liked it.

Where do you think you would spit that combo?

Where do you think you would spit that combo?
It's hard to say exactly. In my other combo's I have redundancies/overlaps a bit, because I'm particular about that and it usually takes some figuring out. I always seem to creep deeper in. My honma blades I tend to combo between the 6 and 7, but stock they're a degree stronger than the p7mb's. I honestly feel comfortable enough with the spin on the p770 7i that I could take it weak and let off when need be, and the MB 8,9 and PW a little strong with a good 50* wedge. I never regret having the bladed 7i in my bag though. Ever. So maybe take the 770 5 to 26, the 6 to 30 and push an MB 7i to 33? I don't know. It should be interesting.

Back