TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

If you can do that with the 3 wood, what do you think you could do with the driver? 290 yards in the fairway with a wedge or 340 yards around the green chipping/pitching.

Or 330 in the woods/hazard

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you can do that with the 3 wood, what do you think you could do with the driver? 290 yards in the fairway with a wedge or 340 yards around the green chipping/pitching.

But that driver would have to be properly fit to me, which in all honesty may not be worth the extra $300-$500 it would cost. Not saying I wouldn't do it, because it would be hard to turn down 350 yard drives if I could achieve that (though I highly doubt that). If the driver isn't as accurate as the 3w, I would probably rather be playing from the FW. I've already got a nasty tendency to ruin a round with drives that go OB. Played a round last year at a course that had OB left side but free room to the right. I was -1 going into the hole. Hooked the first drive OB and re-teed. Hooked the second drive OB and re-teed. Walked away with somewhere around a +4 on that hole. :banghead:

Or 330 in the woods/hazard

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

True. Same can be said with all clubs though. My game tends to go for it more often than not. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I can make a par from the trees 30 yards off the green with a bump shot about the same as I can with a 6 iron from the fairway.

But that driver would have to be properly fit to me, which in all honesty may not be worth the extra $300-$500 it would cost. Not saying I wouldn't do it, because it would be hard to turn down 350 yard drives if I could achieve that (though I highly doubt that). If the driver isn't as accurate as the 3w, I would probably rather be playing from the FW. I've already got a nasty tendency to ruin a round with drives that go OB. Played a round last year at a course that had OB left side but free room to the right. I was -1 going into the hole. Hooked the first drive OB and re-teed. Hooked the second drive OB and re-teed. Walked away with somewhere around a +4 on that hole. :banghead:

If you don't feel comfortable with the driver, that is one thing. But if you do and make the same swing with the driver as the 3 wood and get more yards, where is the problem. Personally I actually feel more comfortable with the driver off the tee than the 3 wood so I guess that is where my thoughts are coming from.

I would love to see, (just for the sake of argument) the 3 wood and driver on a robot, just to see what the numbers are. I know the robot is the 'perfect' swing and not the same as us amateurs, but it's numbers I'd like to see nonetheless.

If you don't feel comfortable with the driver, that is one thing. But if you do and make the same swing with the driver as the 3 wood and get more yards, where is the problem. Personally I actually feel more comfortable with the driver off the tee than the 3 wood so I guess that is where my thoughts are coming from.

I see where you are coming from. I am, for the most part, more accurate with my 3w. When I need to hit a FW, it is usually the club I turn to. I guess that is my thought behind it. If I was as accurate with the driver, then I'd definitely have no reservations hitting it in most, if not all, situations.

Last edited:
I would love to see, (just for the sake of argument) the 3 wood and driver on a robot, just to see what the numbers are. I know the robot is the 'perfect' swing and not the same as us amateurs, but it's numbers I'd like to see nonetheless.

At least the robot number would be with all the other variables taken out of the equation. That way it can be a true comparison with other 3w's out there. Would be nice to see, like Cleveland (I believe) did it with the drivers.

I think I read somewhere in here where it mentioned a shallower face to this driver. If that's the case, I will ponder it.

I think I read somewhere in here where it mentioned a shallower face to this driver. If that's the case, I will ponder it.

That is what the guy at GG told me when I tried it. It has a shallower face than the R11.

I noticed that in the pictures. I seem to hit shallower faced drivers better (not sure if tech based or all in my head) which is why I went with the G15.

I'm heading to golfsmith today and will knock one if they have one out.

Saw this tonight at golf galaxy. I didnt take a swing with it, but may go back tomorrow at lunch and give it a shot. Sets up nicely, I like the white and green combo. The face definitely appeared to be more on the shallow side. Couldnt do a side by side, but I would say conparable to the razr hawk. I couldnt help but look at it though and wonder what was so different between this and the r9 460.

Saw this tonight at golf galaxy. I didnt take a swing with it, but may go back tomorrow at lunch and give it a shot. Sets up nicely, I like the white and green combo. The face definitely appeared to be more on the shallow side. Couldnt do a side by side, but I would say conparable to the razr hawk. I couldnt help but look at it though and wonder what was so different between this and the r9 460.

I'll agree with you about the Razr Hawk ddec. I hit both of them the other day back to back and they felt pretty similar.

I'll agree with you about the Razr Hawk ddec. I hit both of them the other day back to back and they felt pretty similar.

The r11s is definitely the deeper of the 2 new drivers.

I agree. And I think it might even be the better of the two.

Yessir, no doubt. I've hit em both, and I still can't decide which one I like better.
I agree. And I think it might even be the better of the two.

It's good, but I think they're both good drivers, just depends on the person. I like em both!

Doesn't the RBZ tour have a deep face like the R11s?

I was able to hit a 9.5* one of these at golf galaxy today. Man the shaft on this thing is long. I thought the 2.0 had a long shaft, but this looked longer. I thought the head was forever away. The feel of it was nice. I was a little bit scared of what types of shots would come out of it, but I was able to control it very well. I thought the length was going to mess me up, but that wasn't true. It was a really nice driver. I can't wait to try it out at the outing in May.

Dmb I think the shaft is actually shorter then the superfast 2.0

Beast mode from tapatalk

Beast mode from tapatalk

Yessir. 46.5 to 46 I believe. Maybe its the green? haha

Beast mode from tapatalk

Really! It sure did feel long.

Yeah they went a little shorter on this one.

Beast mode from tapatalk

To the guys who already had a chance to hit this driver. Do you think this one would be good for someone who just started with golf about 4 months ago and doesn't have a driver yet? The longest club i have is a Cleveland CG Black 5 Wood Regular Flex.

To the guys who already had a chance to hit this driver. Do you think this one would be good for someone who just started with golf about 4 months ago and doesn't have a driver yet? The longest club i have is a Cleveland CG Black 5 Wood Regular Flex.

I think that is hard to say. Ive hit this driver and could it be a good driver for you? Sure but I think the only way for you to tell that is to go hit it. And if youre struggling with a driver then take a few lessons. This is a very good driver though.

I hit the regular RBZ and the Tour model yesterday at Golf Galaxy. The Tour model head reminds me a little of my R11 that I now play. The RBZ reminded me of the Superfast line. I liked the look of the tour model better, but I hit the standard RBZ better, according to the launch monitor at Golf Galaxy. I think the difference was in the shaft. If I could put the standard RBZ shaft in the tour head, I think I would find a winner. I can not wait to hit the 3 wood. I am in the market for one and can not wait to see how this one performs.

somy neighbor hit the tp version of this at galaxy...after some warmups on the sim he was hitting them 315...i called bs and laughed at the sim knowing he hit a long tee ball....so the guy through him on the launch monitor...he was hitting it only 304 lol was absolutely killing it...now i think he is in love

Back