TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

"Rocketballz driver is the longest driver I've hit!"

"Rocketballz driver is the longest driver I've hit!"

Yesterday, I went by the local CC to pick-up a demo of a D3, 72g stiff A'hina, from an Asst Pro I used to coach. He asks me if I've hit the Rocketballz driver yet. I said no. He replies, "Coach K, that is the longest driver I've hit!". Now, to give you back-story, he was an all-conference golfer in the WAC, and was going to try to go on tour. He ended up having surgery on his wrist and has put the tour on the back-burner for now. He has always hit the ball LONG! Always! He just signed on as a TM staffer just after his surgery. But, my point is, he's a very good golfer, who doesn't change equipment often, who just came off surgery, and he hit the Rocketballz longer than anything he's hit before. That's stout. I'll be demoing this thing soon!

That is cool Coach K. Great win last night!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Very interested to hear you opinions on the driver!

Sounds like I need to go try one of these out!! I have been searching for a new driver!!

Keep us posted Coach, interested in what you find.

i averaged +3 MPH ball speed and a total of around 10 yards with the RBZ Tour over my R11. It feels lighter than the R11, so i don't know if that helps...i ordered mine yesterday.

I have no doubt that it's the longest driver he Ina's ever hit. And I am sure it's long. But this is marketing at its finest. TM flooded the airways with this exact message. I saw first hand another driver created by Nike add 30yds to Ken griffey's drive. Not a wild out of control swing but a solid pass with great balance frozen rope 360 down the middle. I wonder if Nike had flooded the market the way TM did if they would be saying the same thing.

I have no doubt that it's the longest driver he Ina's ever hit. And I am sure it's long. But this is marketing at its finest. TM flooded the airways with this exact message. I saw first hand another driver created by Nike add 30yds to Ken griffey's drive. Not a wild out of control swing but a solid pass with great balance frozen rope 360 down the middle. I wonder if Nike had flooded the market the way TM did if they would be saying the same thing.

All it means is that it's the longest he's hit. Did he hit all drivers out there? No. Callaway, Titleist, and Taylor Made. Did he say it because he's a staffer? Knowing the young man, and adding that he was a Titleist staffer playing a Supertri he had since his Sr year golf season in college, I'd say no. Years ago, at the WAC championships, he was asked to go to the Callaway center in California to try the new FT-Tour. He averaged right at 340 with it. But, he kept his Supertri in the bag. His Freshman year he was fit by a former Nakashima fitter here too. Same thing, long. Didn't play it... He plays what's best for his game. If he were to try Bridgestone, Cleveland, Cobra, would he be just as long? I don't know, but the Rocketballz is the longest he's hit. Testing ON the course, side-by-side with his Supertri. No monitor numbers, just raw actual data on course, real conditions.

I hit it. Wasn't long for me. But to each their own

If I picked up 30 yards on my current driver, my group would administer a steroid test. Marketing, marketing, marketing!

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! But it was awesome to see. RBZ is long but wasn't nearly the longest for me.

Had a chance with the regular RBZ and it was much better. I actually quite liked the sound/feel of it and thought the results were really good. The distance was good, not the longest but nothing I'd sneeze at. I'd like to swing it again on a better swing day though.

That is cool Coach K. Great win last night!

I got ya Chunky...seems there's some N. Carolinains on this board that don't want to acknowledge this.

Coach if you read my post I acknowledge I have no doubt it was the longest he has ever hit. Not disputing that at all. Just making the point that the marketing behind the club was huge and it stands up for some folks. I was also wondering if the same would have been said about the VRS if Nike had done what TM did. That is all, just adding to the conversation. To me the longest driver I have ever hit is my my bag. It will remain there until I hit something that is longer.
All it means is that it's the longest he's hit. Did he hit all drivers out there? No. Callaway, Titleist, and Taylor Made. Did he say it because he's a staffer? Knowing the young man, and adding that he was a Titleist staffer playing a Supertri he had since his Sr year golf season in college, I'd say no. Years ago, at the WAC championships, he was asked to go to the Callaway center in California to try the new FT-Tour. He averaged right at 340 with it. But, he kept his Supertri in the bag. His Freshman year he was fit by a former Nakashima fitter here too. Same thing, long. Didn't play it... He plays what's best for his game. If he were to try Bridgestone, Cleveland, Cobra, would he be just as long? I don't know, but the Rocketballz is the longest he's hit. Testing ON the course, side-by-side with his Supertri. No monitor numbers, just raw actual data on course, real conditions.

... I hit the RBZ at the show and it was averaging about 7 yds more distance than the R11s with the exact same shaft. I'll admit I liked th feel and look of th RBZ better at address and of course that may play into it, but when I started hitting them I expected to like the R11s better.

... I am as much a fan of the underdog as the next guy, and love to support Exotics/Bridgestone/etc, but I also play what is best for my game. The 510tp was a great driver, but I have not put another Taylor Made driver in my bag. That changes with the RBZ. While I expect it to add a few more yards, I will be content if it adds no yardage at all but gives me the confidence to swing freely and hit the fairway. The trajectory at Demo Day was very consistent and ball went where I aimed it swing after swing. I love the look, the sound, the feel and the performance. So don't hate the playah, hate the game. ; )

Coach if you read my post I acknowledge I have no doubt it was the longest he has ever hit. Not disputing that at all. Just making the point that the marketing behind the club was huge and it stands up for some folks. I was also wondering if the same would have been said about the VRS if Nike had done what TM did. That is all, just adding to the conversation. To me the longest driver I have ever hit is my my bag. It will remain there until I hit something that is longer.[/QUOT

I gotcha. I understand. I just was clarifying in case others read it and would think cuz he's a staffer that that's why he said it. No, I agree about the marketing aspect. I gotcha. I used to say to marketing that said their club was the longest, it somehow WAS longer, butt to head. Implies on the course, but may actually refer to specs of club itself.

I hit one in the store the other day, its a very nice feeling driver. I hit my burner 2.0 a little further, but its a very nice club!

I was able to hit the RBZ and the R11S the other day. In full disclosure, I hadn't hit a golf ball, other than back yard practice, in 5 days and really didn't get to warm up. I only got to hit about half a dozen balls with each. I was swinging nice and easy to just get a feel for both. I was hitting the ball an average of 255 with the RBZ and 262 with the R11S. I like the little bit of extra weight the R11S had to offer. My swing speed was between 95-99 while hitting those two clubs. Typically, after some streching and a little warm up, my driver swing speed is between 104-106.

I don't currently game a driver right now b/c I hit my 3 wood further than I hit my present driver (I have an old callaway and don't have the money right now to purchase a driver). I hit my Burner 2.0 tp 3 wood about 235-240 on well struck drivers and about 220ish on poorer struck shots. With my playing partners driver (Nike VR - that I hit occasionally) I put it out there around 275-280 with a good swing.

All that to say, I really want to give these a good look/testing in the weeks to come. But I was not overly impressed with it at all like I thought I was going to be. There was no big gain in distance, if any. I was really hoping to notice a decent gain in distance esp with all the hype. I still haven't ruled these out. It is still a very solid driver but I was more disappointed b/c I didn't feel it performed like I expected.

I noticed that the "tour" version is a deeper faced club and is sits neutral and the regular version is a little less deep in the face, with a longer massed head, but sits with a 'draw bias' at address. Does anyone know how much closed it sits as address? 0.5*? or 1*? Thanks

I went to my local Golf Galaxy today to waste some time as my wife is out of town. They allowed me to tink around with a RBZ 9.5 (stiff) driver and compare it to an original Burner Superfast. All I can say is that the RBZ gained on average 18mph and upwards of 20 yards in my comparison of the two models. It was the first time I had swung either model (I currently game a Cobra S9-1F).

I'm amazed by the RBZ. The standard model was ballooning a little for me (even in the "lower" adjusted position), the salesman recommended working out the RBZ Tour (higher kick on the shaft, 9 degree v 9.5) if I were actually going to pick one up. I'm considering doing just that. All I need to do now is get over the sticker shock.

If you're looking for a new driver I would recommend at least taking a look. I couldn't believe how different the stats were (albeit two model years apart).

I'm going to go back to GG and give the RBZ and RBZ Tour another go. I tend to slice the ball ALOT, so closing the face of the club does wonder. I'm torn between these and just picking up a R11

I was at a.box box golf retailer yesterday to play on the launch monitor and check out the new goodies. Hit the RBZ and liked it but delly liked the ifit callaway. I was talking to the sales Rep on the launch monitor and he said the RBZ were flying off the shelves butthey got 4 of them back over the weekend all with cracked heads. Kind of scared me.

I went and hit the RBZ and the R11S driver today at PGA Superstore. It was another, in and out, hit and hurry time there but that's all I could afford. I started off with the R11S (2nd time to hit it now) and I still really like this driver. I started off with no intention of hitting the RBZ, but then noticed that the staff just put out brand new RBZ demo clubs, with the wrappers still on 'em! So I grabbed the 10.5 stiff shaft and went to town.

Totally different sound than the R11S makes. It felt less vibrationy (is that word?) and had more of a solid sound to hit. The R11S had more of a hollow sound which I think was just a different feel. Both sounds sounded good to me. Anyways, call me impressed with the first round with the RBZ. My first 5 shots went dead straight and about 280ish. I didn't have any intention of playing with this driver but after about 10 balls I'm going to put this RBZ through the ringer soon. We have a demo day coming at our club on March 11th so I will be hitting both on the range and deciding what to do.

Was at Golftec and was messing with my superfast 2.0 TP and the owner of the store noticed i had a dent in the top of the driver which had been there from some time and he said hey you should send that back to TM and get it fixed its still under warranty. So im sending it back in and seeing what they do... wondering if they may send a RocketBallz in its place... i know they sent a R11S back for a guy who broke his R11 a few weeks ago. im kinda nervous about the shaft cause ive had issues from most shafts and getting to much spin. I think im gonna go hit this asap and see how it feels.

I noticed that the "tour" version is a deeper faced club and is sits neutral and the regular version is a little less deep in the face, with a longer massed head, but sits with a 'draw bias' at address. Does anyone know how much closed it sits as address? 0.5*? or 1*? Thanks

Might have just been the one you were looking at. Should be neutral as standard unless that was a slightly closed but within tolerance head.

After whacking them last night a bit more, I find I like the Tour model better since I tend to miss up and down the face instead of left and right. I'm not the hugest fan of the sound/feel as of yet though.

Back