TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

Doesn't make any sense to have it in the bag at that point. Sounds like you need a 13* Stage 2 FW haha. Any way you could do a driver fitting to find a better shaft combo?

Oh yea, that's the plan eventually. I might wait til the Branson invitational to get some numbers and advice from people I trust then move forward from there.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I picked one up last week off of my buddy's father, It had been in the garage for over a year because he couldn't hit it and changes clubs like most people change socks. It's currently set to 11*, has the stock Matrix stiff shaft, but has been cut down (.5" I believe). I LOVE the height/trajectory I'm getting from this club after hitting it for a few rounds now. I came from a Cleveland Classic 10.5 with an Aldila VooDoo stiff shaft that was hitting line drives and never getting in the air.

This driver has been on my mind for a while now after hitting one at the back end of the year, especially with the stage 2 gear out now as the prices have dropped a lot.... I have been keeping my eye on one in the thread I made a couple days ago, but I just don't have the spare cash just now unfortunately

Not sure if taylormadepreowned.com ships to the UK (I remember thinking you are overseas) but I got mine from there and it was a pretty good price.

Now I know this is an "old" club, but I just switched from my stock RBZ regular flex matrix shaft to the Tour TP HD6 stiff and what a change! First, I loved that I could simply screw in the new shaft. Second, it's not flippy anymore. I just cranked some of my longest drives today. I love this club!

Now I know this is an "old" club, but I just switched from my stock RBZ regular flex matrix shaft to the Tour TP HD6 stiff and what a change! First, I loved that I could simply screw in the new shaft. Second, it's not flippy anymore. I just cranked some of my longest drives today. I love this club!

Nothing wrong with updating an old club. I still drop into the i20 thread all the time! Good to hear you're still getting good results.

The ability to easily swap shafts is awesome. Congrats on finding a better fit. I had one of my best days driving the ball last weekend with it. I put a Secret Grip on my Tour and like the initial results. I should get in at least 18 this weekend, so I will have some more time to get use to it.

SO I got an RBZ Tour 10.5 this past winter, !st round at an indoor simulator & I thought I had found the promised land. !st round of the season & it still felt good.
The next couple rounds my swing got really off & I needed to change something up. Played today with it adjusted to 11 deg. and slightly closed. Much better accuracy but lost some distance. In play is better than oob though. Really narrowed my stance & shortened my backswing on all clubs & had a great ball striking day. Didn;t make any putts. 3 lip outs, & left 4 short of the cup by less than 6". Still tied my season's best at 94. I found everyone else's balls but couldn't find mine about 3 times. when I knew right where they landed. Gonna keep the backswing under control & the stance a little tighter & things will come around...

SO I got an RBZ Tour 10.5 this past winter, !st round at an indoor simulator & I thought I had found the promised land. !st round of the season & it still felt good.
The next couple rounds my swing got really off & I needed to change something up. Played today with it adjusted to 11 deg. and slightly closed. Much better accuracy but lost some distance. In play is better than oob though. Really narrowed my stance & shortened my backswing on all clubs & had a great ball striking day. Didn;t make any putts. 3 lip outs, & left 4 short of the cup by less than 6". Still tied my season's best at 94. I found everyone else's balls but couldn't find mine about 3 times. when I knew right where they landed. Gonna keep the backswing under control & the stance a little tighter & things will come around...

Keep up the good work and congrats on your round.

I took the RBZ out for a spin today and struggled with it for the most part. Accuracy was off. It's something that I've noticed with the RBZ is that even when I feel like I hit it well, the ball seems to have an excessive right to left movement. Adjusted the loft to -.75 and upright and seemed to hit it with a little more control. I'm playing again tomorrow, hopefully I can control it more.

Played nine last night. Hit the driver pretty decent. Had 2 bad shots but others were good. I am noticing significant distance loss on mishits. I've noticed that on certain mishits, I will hit it straight (which is good) but it is about 20 yards or shorter than I would usually do. It's a different kind of a mishit and one I don't think I've had before.

Just had an interesting range session with my Rbz.

I had taken it out because I lost distance. Well today I set it to the lower setting and found some distance back and launch was still good. Gonna give It a go for now.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Just had a pretty good driving night with this club.

I added a bunch of lead tape to the head, something like 20grams or so and that's helped a bunch.

I think I'm gonna snag a fujikura motore shaft that I really liked in the zl encore, and see what it does in this head.

I just couldn't go after it with the stock shaft and had to focus pretty hard to take it easy. I don't like that because as soon as I stopped slice city.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Hmm, had two awesome drives today, one about 270 and one farther then that, both with a 2 or 3 yard fade.

Made the switch to my other shaft, which is a aldila rip alpha xstiff. Not sure how I like it, but It's really hard to slice, like swinging rebar though.

The longest drive felt so good right on the sweet spot wow.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back