TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Very unusual name, the R&D team must have been bustinballz to come up with this one. It will be interesting to see how well this line performs.

These look very similar to the Superfast 2.0 series but I do look forward to hearing if the distance claims are accurate.
Still a bit surprised they kept the name....

The driver looks interesting. But -- "Rocketballz" -- seriously, Taylormade?

I think Taylormade is trying to troll the entire golf world right now.

The crown is almost exactly like that of the Superfast. I wonder what the differences are between the regular and TP shafts in terms of numbers?

With the distance claims I guarantee many here will be wanting to demo both the hybrids and fairway woods. I know I want to.

The RocketBallz Rescues come standard with a 65-gram graphite shaft in four flexes (S, R, M, L). It will be offered in four lofts for right-handed golfers only (Lofts: 3-19°, 4-21°, 5-24°, 6-27°).

The RocketBallz Tour Rescues come standard with an 85-gram graphite shaft in three flexes (X, S, R). It will be offered in four lofts for right-handed golfers only (Lofts: 2-16.5°, 3-18.5°, 4-21.5°). Additionally, a selection of 5 custom TP shafts will be available for purchase.

surely TM this cant be right,i wonder why i stay with you lot i really do,

Reminds me a lot of the Superfast, especially from address with the graphics on the top. I do like the way these woods and hybrids look.

Very sharp looking fairway and hybrid clubs! TaylorMade is bringing the goods and in a good way!!!

I have a really hard time believe the claims of added distance and accuracy... compared to what? The R7's? I'm still on disbelief with this name.

Very interesting name, but name really does not matter if the club performs. I am curious how it performs compared to other fairway woods and hybrids.

I'm not fond of the name, market gimmickry no doubt, but if that works for them ......

I doubt that I'll be considering the driver as I have no interest at this time to look for another. I'm still on my honeymoon with the K15 and looking at Myiazaki shafts, like the 'white'

Fairway woods ... well I'm considering the SF 2 clubs ..... and now with this new release I will find even better prices on the SF 2 when the new ones hit the streets

Not sure about the name,but that won't be going into my bag. 2011 and 2012 line up for taylormade are disappointments for me. 2012 will be the first year since 2002 , I will not bag a taylormade driver unless I stick with the supertri .

Not sure about the name,but that won't be going into my bag. 2011 and 2012 line up for taylormade are disappointments for me. 2012 will be the first year since 2002 , I will not bag a taylormade driver unless I stick with the supertri .
Why? Is this based purely on the name? What if it were to give you great distance gains and better accuracy off the tee?

Why? Is this based purely on the name? What if it were to give you great distance gains and better accuracy off the tee?

Honestly, it more them just the name. I'm not fond of the white and I'm seeing better numbers elsewhere

Honestly, it more them just the name. I'm not fond of the white and I'm seeing better numbers elsewhere
Everyone has their preferences. I am not a fan of white, or the name to be honest, but until I hit these, I cant say they wouldnt be in my bag.

I will probably follow along to see how people get along with these, but I'm not terribly interested in this line. The irons are a different story.

Of all of the RBZ clubs, I'm most interested in trying out the fairway woods as these are the clubs that I've heard the TM pros getting big distance gains with during testing. Looks like they took the speedslot technology that Adams has on their fairway woods and put it in the sole of these clubs.

I am most interested in the fairway woods as well. Just went through and re-did my whole bag this year outside of my wedges and my 3 wood - so that would be where I am looking to upgrade here. Def interested in getting some side by side results between the RBZ 3W and my R9 3W. Should be fun!

As much as I hate the name, I sure do like everything I'm seeing/reading about the RBZ line.

John Deere Tap'n...

I am most interested in the fairway woods as well. Just went through and re-did my whole bag this year outside of my wedges and my 3 wood - so that would be where I am looking to upgrade here. Def interested in getting some side by side results between the RBZ 3W and my R9 3W. Should be fun!

I'd like to see that, and compared to the SF 2 fairway woods too

Sounds like these are going to be plenty long. Wonder how the hybrids will match up with the irons for gapping.

I'm real curious to your initial impressions when you get these in JB. I've heard that 3 wood is quite long.

I consider myself a TM guy. But they're kind of like Apple, I can't keep up! I thought I had the latest and greatest with the MC irons, R11 3W, Driver and Hybrid. Now this?

Haha. But I like my woods and don't think I could justify the money to upgrade if it's even an upgrade. These seem like a new Burner type line don't they?

Back