TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Stopped by gg and hit the RBz 3 wood today. The lm recorded my first shot and then didn't register anything else. I hadn't hit a ball in 3 days and the first was 230. Exactly what I hit my current 3w, but that was when I was still tight. The next few swings were solid so it stinks I couldn't see the numbers. I liked the feel of it and it seemed easier to get up then the r11. I need to go back for serious time with my r11 vs r11s, RBz, f12, and the Nike vrs. The Nike driver amazed me with its looks, so now the 3 wood has me interested too. I know. Wrong thread lol

I am really considering the 3 hybrid and maybe even the 2 as well. I wish they came in a 15 degree loft however I bet the 16.5 2i is plenty long.

posted his in wrong thread hit some teed up 3woods on launch monitor 10 balls each

my 07 burner 248 avg
rocketballz 248
titleist 910f and 910 fd were around 234
so keeping my old 3w for now...launch angle kinda high but not worth the money to mess with
lso hit 5 of each from deck...rbz was tops by a few yards

I found I was hitting my titleist 910f 3 wood and rbz the same distance. In the US do you guys measure distance on the course in meters or yards like us brits?

yards here

I found I was hitting my titleist 910f 3 wood and rbz the same distance. In the US do you guys measure distance on the course in meters or yards like us brits?

Nobody in the US even knows how long a meter is

Went to Edwin watts this afternoon convinced I'm walking out with RBZ 3W or 3HL, but left empty handed. Hit both 3W and my G20 similar distances 215 - 220 yds. Oh well saved some $.

- Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!

Went to Edwin watts this afternoon convinced I'm walking out with RBZ 3W or 3HL, but left empty handed. Hit both 3W and my G20 similar distances 215 - 220 yds. Oh well saved some $.

- Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!
Should have hit the 3Hybrid. It's a beast.

Should have hit the 3Hybrid. It's a beast.

Actually, they didn't have it in a stiff shaft (WTF?) so I had a 4 hybrid in hand, but someone else was occupying the sim and testing 4-5 drivers. I'll def check it out some other time.

Just hit the 3 hybrid. Put it head to head with my Adams 4 hybrid.

3 RBz - 19*
A12 - 21*

A12 was actually couple yards longer. RBz was taped up and my a12 wasn't. Don't know if that played a factor

So of those who have gamed this on the course, how is the forgiveness, dispersion? Distance is great and all, but can you control it? I currently use a R9 3w 13* if I could gain 10-15yds and the same forgiveness and control, it sounds interesting.

was on the course today and got to hit my 3 rescue a few times and this club is the real deal. It gets up in the air realy easily and i am hiting it 20-25 yards further than my rescue 11. I was hitting it so well i did not get a chance to use my rbz 3w.I am not a very long hitter and never get over 200 yards with my driver and only could hit my rescue hybrid around 150 and today i was hitting the rbz 175-180 every time. I am in the process of changing my swing with my pro so i can get a bit more distance as i tend to sway to much during the swing which looses me distance.

hit the 3 wood today at Golf Galaxy up against the Nike VRS and Adams Fast 12. I liked the feel of the shaft better in the Adams for my swing. I found that the RBZ launched the lowest for me out of the 3. Carry distance wise I was pretty similar in all 3 clubs. With my longest shot in each club, the Nike was longer by 2 yards. This was off the mat and not off the tee. I've yet to test it off the tee. It's a club that I could throw in the bag and not have buyers remorse over, but I've yet to see the serious distance gains that others have experienced.

was on the course today and got to hit my 3 rescue a few times and this club is the real deal. It gets up in the air realy easily and i am hiting it 20-25 yards further than my rescue 11. I was hitting it so well i did not get a chance to use my rbz 3w.I am not a very long hitter and never get over 200 yards with my driver and only could hit my rescue hybrid around 150 and today i was hitting the rbz 175-180 every time. I am in the process of changing my swing with my pro so i can get a bit more distance as i tend to sway to much during the swing which looses me distance.

Chas, out of curiosity, if you are not a big hitter, why are you playing a 10.5* driver. Try out a 13-14* and see if you pickup any distance.
I have a driver swing speed of about 84 mph. I play a Burner 2.0 13* and can get it around 215-230 when I hit it good. 200-205 on average. Just something to consider.

So of those who have gamed this on the course, how is the forgiveness, dispersion? Distance is great and all, but can you control it? I currently use a R9 3w 13* if I could gain 10-15yds and the same forgiveness and control, it sounds interesting.

I played my RBZ on the course on Friday. I really liked how it reacted off of the tee and off of the turf. I was previously playing the R11 and an Adams F11. I was quite pleased with the distance and shot dispersion. Even, with a slight miss hit, the ball still gets out there and was not that far off line either. So far so good for me.

Chas, out of curiosity, if you are not a big hitter, why are you playing a 10.5* driver. Try out a 13-14* and see if you pickup any distance.
I have a driver swing speed of about 84 mph. I play a Burner 2.0 13* and can get it around 215-230 when I hit it good. 200-205 on average. Just something to consider.

thats the advantage of the r11s which i have and set it to the higher setting which gives me 12* of loft

Had a chance to hit the RBZ 5h and 3w.

With my slower swing speed I always play "M" flex in TM clubs.
Currently here are my yardages for my clubs:
5i - 155
4i - 165
21* Giga Golf Reva hybrid - 175
7w 21* Burner 2.0 - 185
Driver 13* Burner 2.0 - 200-230 depending on roll.

On a simulator at Dicks, the RBZ 5h (25*) I was seeing consistent 185, even got one or 2 in the 190's - For 25* this is sick long for me. Club seemed really easy to hit off the thin mat and I struggle with hybrids.
The RBZ 3w - Max was 229, average shot 211.

I thought to myself they have to have this launch monitor jacked up. So I pulled a 4i similar to what I game and hit it 165 which is spot on what my 4i goes.

If I would have had the spare $400 they both would have went home with me. Since I am not a long hitter, the 3w might be an option for me off the tee. If I can get virtually the same yardage as my driver and the extra loft and less sidespin this might be a new option for me.

Also big thanks to the TM rep who was there who gave me a couple swing pointers.

Everybody is raving about the FW...I strongly suggest everybody try the hybrid.

thats the advantage of the r11s which i have and set it to the higher setting which gives me 12* of loft
Makes sense

I put both the 3W and 3H in play for 9 holes yesterday. It was wet and a little chilly but I wasnt disappointed. On a couple holes where my drives got blown down or I just didnt hit it very well, which means 230 ish, I hit the RBZ 3W just for fun and each time it landed almost right next to my drive. The 3W definitely seems to launch lower then others, which is perfect for me. What I was most curious about was hitting the RBZ 3W off the deck or rough. On the first par5 I hit driver off the tee and it landed in the left side bunker. Since its full of crap I lift, cleaned and placed it in the rough next to the bunker. I hit the flag with the laser and got a reading of 277. Now Im not going to hit a 3W 277 but that didnt stop me from trying. I rip the RBZ pretty good and it took off pretty low with a small fade and lands safe of the bunkers down towards green. I get down there and it had 52 to the flag. So 225 out of the rough. I hit the 3H a couple times and came away very impressed. I was seeing the 200-220 yard type of distance and a nice straight ball flight.

I put both the 3W and 3H in play for 9 holes yesterday. It was wet and a little chilly but I wasnt disappointed. On a couple holes where my drives got blown down or I just didnt hit it very well, which means 230 ish, I hit the RBZ 3W just for fun and each time it landed almost right next to my drive. The 3W definitely seems to launch lower then others, which is perfect for me. What I was most curious about was hitting the RBZ 3W off the deck or rough. On the first par5 I hit driver off the tee and it landed in the left side bunker. Since its full of crap I lift, cleaned and placed it in the rough next to the bunker. I hit the flag with the laser and got a reading of 277. Now Im not going to hit a 3W 277 but that didnt stop me from trying. I rip the RBZ pretty good and it took off pretty low with a small fade and lands safe of the bunkers down towards green. I get down there and it had 52 to the flag. So 225 out of the rough. I hit the 3H a couple times and came away very impressed. I was seeing the 200-220 yard type of distance and a nice straight ball flight.
Sounds like you have a couple keepers there Kmac.

Any comparison on the RBZ 3W vs the FL?

Also, I thought about the RBZ 3H multiple times during my round today, I think I need that in the bag.

Nice, Kmac! Seems like it worked well for you buddy. That's good to hear.

Kmac;1136027I hit the 3H a couple times and came away very impressed. I was seeing the 200-220 yard type of distance and a nice straight ball flight.[/QUOTE said:

Also, I thought about the RBZ 3H multiple times during my round today, I think I need that in the bag.

I really am considering the 3H for my next purchase. Seriously.

Sounds like its only a matter of time. Edit: forgot the FL question. My FL is 13* so its not really apples to apples. That 13* FL is the longest 3W Ive hit but its not very forgiving being lofted at 13*

How does this distance compare with your previous 3H?

Ive split time between the Mashie M3 and the 910H. The RBZ seems to be about 10-15 yards longer then the Mashie but its also a little stronger lofted I think. Its pretty close with the 910 but when it comes to the 910 I like the look over the club much better with the RBZ.

Nice, Kmac! Seems like it worked well for you buddy. That's good to hear.

Yeah I think so too, thanks

Back