TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

I had a chance to hit two of these yesterday on an open range.

Hit a tour with a S X-Con and RBZ Fairway with an Ozik. Both were beastly and consistently straight for me with slightly better results with the Tour. I've heard and read good things about this club bit this was the first time I hit them and I came away impressed.

Yesterday I saw the RBZ Tour 3W again with the RUL 70 in it. I bet that thing is beastly. And to be honest it didnt look open at address.

I agree, I saw this at GG at it looked nice. I couldn't tell it was open at all.

I had a chance to hit two of these yesterday on an open range.

Hit a tour with a S X-Con and RBZ Fairway with an Ozik. Both were beastly and consistently straight for me with slightly better results with the Tour. I've heard and read good things about this club bit this was the first time I hit them and I came away impressed.

Both 3W's? Did you hit the hybrid at all? The 3H is a beast too.

I agree, I saw this at GG at it looked nice. I couldn't tell it was open at all.

Im a huge fan of the Matrix shafts and I think the RUL is one of the best. Almost makes me wish I would have waited for it to come out before buying one.

Both 3W's? Did you hit the hybrid at all? The 3H is a beast too.

Im a huge fan of the Matrix shafts and I think the RUL is one of the best. Almost makes me wish I would have waited for it to come out before buying one.

Me too. I wish the TP edition would of been adjustable for loft. Just afraid the 14.5 will be too strong. I wish that had a 16.5 so I can have a better gap in between the driver and 3i.

I am 99 percent certain I am going with the 16.5 Tour hybrid which will allow me to take two hybrids out of the bag. It's right in between my current hybrids and I rarely use both of them anyway. It will lighten my bag and do what works for me. I hit my 4 - iron long enough for most short par fours and the 16.5 will work as my 3 wood.

I am 99 percent certain I am going with the 16.5 Tour hybrid which will allow me to take two hybrids out of the bag. It's right in between my current hybrids and I rarely use both of them anyway. It will lighten my bag and do what works for me. I hit my 4 - iron long enough for most short par fours and the 16.5 will work as my 3 wood.

I like the thinking OG. Have you had a chance to hit one yet?

I wonder if I could hit this consistently enough to take the 3w out of the bag.

Anyone hit the HL vs. the standard 3W? Wondering if there were any distance comparisons. With all of this gap pondering, I would think that it would make a good 4W, freeing up space for another club elsewhere.

I never hit the HL myself, high and launch always scares me away lol. Its something Im all too good at doing on my own.

I never hit the HL myself, high and launch always scares me away lol. Its something Im all too good at doing on my own.

LOL. Understand completely. Was just curious as I think that the HL would be a great fit for someone looking to replace 2 clubs.

LOL. Understand completely. Was just curious as I think that the HL would be a great fit for someone looking to replace 2 clubs.

Completely understand the logic and I agree it could probably fill a nice gap. I will say this though, the ball flight I saw with the normal 15* was pretty awesome last time at the range.

I like the thinking OG. Have you had a chance to hit one yet?

Not the 16.5 but I hit my 15.5 Cleveland pretty well and I figure this will be as long and just as forgiving. I did hit the the RBZ 3H at Dicks and was pounding that thing! I am excited about going to one club for my fairway and tight par four tee shot holes. My 4I and a good hybrid and I am good to go.

I wonder if I could hit this consistently enough to take the 3w out of the bag.

I don't carry a 3 wood as it's just too inconsistent for me off the deck.

Not the 16.5 but I hit my 15.5 Cleveland pretty well and I figure this will be as long and just as forgiving. I did hit the the RBZ 3H at Dicks and was pounding that thing! I am excited about going to one club for my fairway and tight par four tee shot holes. My 4I and a good hybrid and I am good to go.

I don't carry a 3 wood as it's just too inconsistent for me off the deck.

I'm pondering doing the RBZ Tour hybrid or an i20 hybrid. Going to hit some today I think.

I have just pulled the trigger on an RBZ 3H got a great part ex for my r11 5 wood that I wasn't using ....having hit the 3h it will cover the 5 wood distance and fit in nicely with either of the two sets of irons I am trying to decide on....

After trying for a week to get used to my RBZ 3 wood, I opted to return it to where I bought it today, got a full refund and was able to get my R9 3 wood back. I got tired of the bigger head and very light shaft...so no more white clubs in my bag.

Just admit it, you don't like white clubs. :act-up:

After trying for a week to get used to my RBZ 3 wood, I opted to return it to where I bought it today, got a full refund and was able to get my R9 3 wood back. I got tired of the bigger head and very light shaft...so no more white clubs in my bag.

hit this today and for now its off the ponder list. just wasnt impressed with it. I will not ponder again until Louis gets a win on US soil

hit this today and for now its off the ponder list. just wasnt impressed with it. I will not ponder again until Louis gets a win on US soil

I might be done with my RBZ 3W after today's round.

How is your gapping from 3 wood to 3 hybrid?

Well, the RBZ 3H is long. But today I hit Mashie 3W on average about 230 ish. When struck well the RBZ 3H is close to that but so far on the course I havent seen it quite that far. On the launch monitor is was right around there. Right now Im hitting the Mashie 3W way more consistant and in the FW more.

Well, the RBZ 3H is long. But today I hit Mashie 3W on average about 230 ish. When struck well the RBZ 3H is close to that but so far on the course I havent seen it quite that far. On the launch monitor is was right around there. Right now Im hitting the Mashie 3W way more consistant and in the FW more.
Mashie 3W > RBZ 3W, imo.

So you get some more distance from the RBZ 3w but you like the dispersion of the Mashie better. Makes sense, I hit the RBZ 3w a few times but it's not going to bump my r11 out of my bag, 17 yards or not. The hybrid i really liked, hence the reason i ordered the 4h.

Back