TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

It was awesome off the tee today. Mashie=FW=GIR=Par's for me today. Three near birds. 235 or so average.
I think I need one. Plan on spending some time with it at Demo Day to see if I get along with it as well as I do my FL.

Hi Kmac. So I've been foloowiing your progress today and I reckon I shouldn't really pursue the RBZ 3wood. I think I'll wait for the Mashie 3wood.

Hi Kmac. So I've been foloowiing your progress today and I reckon I shouldn't really pursue the RBZ 3wood. I think I'll wait for the Mashie 3wood.

Hi FLTC. I think that is a good idea dude. The mashie 3w is good and easy to hit. RBZ is good but the Mashie has been better for me.

Hi FLTC. I think that is a good idea dude. The mashie 3w is good and easy to hit. RBZ is good but the Mashie has been better for me.

Thanks buddy. that's what I'm thinking to be honest. Just wait it out. No offense Louis.

Thanks buddy. that's what I'm thinking to be honest. Just wait it out. No offense Louis.
I think at some point in time you would have both. We all know how much you like a good 3W.

I think at some point in time you would have both. We all know how much you like a good 3W.

If I'm being honest, you're probably right dude.

Hey Kmac. Is the RBZ longer than the Mashie even though the Mashie is better in your opinion?

What do you dudes reckon is most important to you in a 3W? To me it's the ability to hit a hot, relatively low shot off the deck that runs like it stole something. I start hitting a 3W high and it sometimes leaves the field of play. I don't hit a lot 3Ws off the tee. I like a shallow face and smallish head. This RBZ seems to have a larger head, but still shallow face. It intrigues me. I hit the R11 3W okay, but not better than my older TEE.

Kevin

Hey Kmac. Is the RBZ longer than the Mashie even though the Mashie is better in your opinion?

I think if you put a real good swing on the RBZ its slightly longer but not by much. Last time I was at the range for the life of me I couldnt NOT slice the RBZ but the Mashie was dead straight. Which equated to longer since it wasnt slicing. I have hit the RBZ straight and it looked really long. But I cant seem be very consistant with it. The head is just huge on it.

What do you dudes reckon is most important to you in a 3W? To me it's the ability to hit a hot, relatively low shot off the deck that runs like it stole something. I start hitting a 3W high and it sometimes leaves the field of play. I don't hit a lot 3Ws off the tee. I like a shallow face and smallish head. This RBZ seems to have a larger head, but still shallow face. It intrigues me. I hit the R11 3W okay, but not better than my older TEE.

Kevin

You know Id rather be in the short stuff more then anything. Yesterday I hit the Mashie 3W so well that it made a huge difference in my round. First two holes were 237 and 239 with the Mashie 3W, straight down the middle and led to two GIR's. Narrowly missed both birdie putts. I fee like I can smooth that club and get 230 easy. I'll take it.

hit this today and for now its off the ponder list. just wasnt impressed with it. I will not ponder again until Louis gets a win on US soil
The 3W, you didn't like it? What was it that you didn't like?

Kevin

You know Id rather be in the short stuff more then anything. Yesterday I hit the Mashie 3W so well that it made a huge difference in my round. First two holes were 237 and 239 with the Mashie 3W, straight down the middle and led to two GIR's. Narrowly missed both birdie putts. I fee like I can smooth that club and get 230 easy. I'll take it.

I've not seen a LH Mashie 3wood but I have seen a RH one in person and I think it looks pretty shallow to be honest. I don't know if it will be the lowest launching thing out there Esox. I reckon a 3wood with a nice shallow profile is the PING i20. I bet that hits low running bullets.

I know you ask ddec this question but he may not be back till Monday :alien: lol. After hitting the Mashie a bunch I was a little turned off by the sheer size of the RBZ when I got it back out. I still think it has the hottest face out but I had a hard time getting over the size and then started to slice it off the range.

Im giving thought to ditching my RBZ hybrids. My dispersion with them is terrible. I hit them far enough but all over the place with a strong tendency to pull hook. I still have my 910H with might get another looksy

Just wasn't for me. Couldn't tell how the distance added up against others I tried. Yesterday I hit it outside against the Nike, Fybrid RS, mashie, tour edge and really would consider all of them over the RBZ based on yesterday. I was much more consistent with ball flight and direction with the Wilson and Cleveland. The Nike was right there too. I was hoping Adams was there but they didn't arrive yet so I couldn't try that.

Just wasn't for me. Couldn't tell how the distance added up against others I tried. Yesterday I hit it outside against the Nike, Fybrid RS, mashie, tour edge and really would consider all of them over the RBZ based on yesterday. I was much more consistent with ball flight and direction with the Wilson and Cleveland. The Nike was right there too. I was hoping Adams was there but they didn't arrive yet so I couldn't try that.

Sounds like me there dd. For me it was long, but I hit others at the same time that were as long and with better dispersion for me.

The nail in the coffin for me though is I've come to realize I really don't like the white. Dunno why it bothers me so much, but it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The white head doesn't bother me much at all. I think maybe the HL version would fit me better, but still I hit others more consistent.

I know you ask ddec this question but he may not be back till Monday :alien: lol. After hitting the Mashie a bunch I was a little turned off by the sheer size of the RBZ when I got it back out. I still think it has the hottest face out but I had a hard time getting over the size and then started to slice it off the range.

That's good to hear. If I got one of these ever it would likely be the strong 3w that I wouldn't much use off the deck. Mostly for off the tee. I'd like to hit one of these.

The white head doesn't bother me much at all. I think maybe the HL version would fit me better, but still I hit others more consistent.

That's good to hear. If I got one of these ever it would likely be the strong 3w that I wouldn't much use off the deck. Mostly for off the tee. I'd like to hit one of these.

I'd actually go the other way like ddec, 3-HL version. I was pondering a 3-HL with Matrix XCon 7 shaft (no upcharge on that shaft change) with the club cut down 1/2 inch from standard to make it 43 inches. I'm thinking that the issues with dispersion that some people are seeing are due to the 50 gram stock shaft as well as the 43.5 inch length of the 3 wood and the 3-HL wood. For comparison's sake, the Mashie 3-wood is 42.75 inches, that would probably help with accuracy.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the 3W Kmac. I actually saw better dispersion with the RBZ than with the Mashie when I tried them both side by side. Different strokes I guess. The 3W has actually become my go to for the moment. I was able to get some really great distance off the tee with it. All fairways too except for the one that rolled through, still pretty dead straight. My struggles with the 3H continue though. Don't know what I'm gonna do about that yet. I may go in a totally different direction if I can't figure it out soon...

I've had the rbzs for three weeks now and love them. I hit my r11 230-240. My rbz 3w I hit 265 twice today. I had 275 and rolled on the front with a club or two wind in my face. Its the first three wood I've owned that I hit my target line consistently with.

So I got to GG over the weekend and finally got to hit the RBZ 3 hybrid. At first I was very suprised by the weighting of the club, it is much heavier than my current hybrid and doesn't just feel heavier in the head but heavier all over. As I started to hit balls I could really feel where that heavier weighting came into place. Needless to say all the RBZ hype is true. The 3 Hybrid is silly long, ( I know some launch monitors are juiced so i can't say for sure, but I was hitting bombs). I hit a few shots in the 215-220 range, which is as long as my 3 wood. I was very impressed with the distance gains I was getting from the RBZ, but I wasn't impressed with my swing as I was spraying the balls all over with it. I hit a few balls off the toe that seemed to "carry" longer than expected. The forgiveness was very impressive in the distance category, just not in the accuracy category. I plan to hit this club on the range to get a better more "realistic" idea of what this club can do.

Back