TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

We need to make a Mashie vs. RBZ thread I thinks... with like stats on what people are getting for distance for each and dispersion patterns.

What do you dudes reckon is most important to you in a 3W? To me it's the ability to hit a hot, relatively low shot off the deck that runs like it stole something. I start hitting a 3W high and it sometimes leaves the field of play. I don't hit a lot 3Ws off the tee. I like a shallow face and smallish head. This RBZ seems to have a larger head, but still shallow face. It intrigues me. I hit the R11 3W okay, but not better than my older TEE.

Kevin

Might want to give the VRs a look then. It's a shallower profile and is pretty fairway lie friendly.

I heard rumors in GG Sunday that the RBZ 3W might end up being illegal. Something about the USGA is looking at the 3W's COR and might deem it too much.

I heard rumors in GG Sunday that the RBZ 3W might end up being illegal. Something about the USGA is looking at the 3W's COR and might deem it too much.

I hope not. That means that I'd have to find a new one for league... A quick google turns up nothing but advertising. They provide any source for that or just shop talk?

I hope not. That means that I'd have to find a new one for league... A quick google turns up nothing but advertising. They provide any source for that or just shop talk?

It was 2 GG sales guys and a customer talking while I was comparing the RBZ and Mashie so no source that I heard. But it was one of the sales guys that brought it up so Im not sure if he heard this somewhere or not. I cant imagine the headache TM would have on its hands if that happened.

That would be odd considering the COR for the RBZ 3w is at .813. That's within legal limits.

That would be odd considering the COR for the RBZ 3w is at .813. That's within legal limits.

Couldn't the USGA lower the 3W COR limit?

Thanks for the quick reply Kmac. I'll keep an ear out with the TM homers I play with from time to time. I'd really hate to find out that my new 3W was illegal!!

Why do I continue to be tempted by this thread?

bc this is the thread that never ends...(cue that retarded purple dinosaur)

Thanks for the quick reply Kmac. I'll keep an ear out with the TM homers I play with from time to time. I'd really hate to find out that my new 3W was illegal!!

I did hear them say something about they would have to send everyone's 3W's back to make them legal. What a pain that would be. Here's your newly adjust 3W and now it doesnt go as far. Enjoy. lol

I did hear them say something about they would have to send everyone's 3W's back to make them legal. What a pain that would be. Here's your newly adjust 3W and now it doesnt go as far. Enjoy. lol

Lol. What a disaster that would be...

I think we are moving close and closer to two separate rule sets. Every time I see a broad-line manufacturer interviewed, they always talk about how much more they can do to make the game enjoyable ... if the USGA would let them.

I got a special order 3 wood. The stock stiff is just too light for me and the pro got the rep on the phone and he sent over a RBZ 3 with RIP Phenom shaft S. It is the stock shaft in the R11S woods. Torque is more like my driver (Aldila RIP red eye) and shaft is a bit heavier. I was way too inconsistent with the stock RBZ but this seems to fit in my hand easier and I like the feel as I load at the top. I dont have any numbers but I can tell the pro and I each hit this and liked it over the Matrix. Flight is a little lower but distance is still crazy and it is like I am taking an extra driver with me. Which is another thing, I found out. My I15 was a solid stick but more forgiving and not as long. The RBZ only gets out of the bag for a perfect lie.

Why do I continue to be tempted by this thread?
Because you want to start a 3W hoard...but remember...
Spoiler
Mashie

Because you want to start a 3W hoard...but remember...
Spoiler
Mashie

I know dude, that's why I haven't pursued it. I'm pretty stoked about that Mashie.

Couldn't the USGA lower the 3W COR limit?

They could lower the limit, but I would think that would be all over the internet don't you?

I know dude, that's why I haven't pursued it. I'm pretty stoked about that Mashie.
However, I really think you would crush the RBZ 3W. Last time I played with Freddie, I hit a drive just about as good as I can, then Freddie outdrove me with the RBZ 3W. I reckon it was by about 17 yards or so.

i just sold my rbz 3w, i just could not hit it off the deck with any distance,i can hit my rbz hybrids well of the deck but not the 3w. Now the mashie 3 wood i have is a beast off the deck and its now the only non taylormade club in my bag

I so wish TM would release the tour 4w. The 3w is too much club.

formerly butters35

So I got to GG over the weekend and finally got to hit the RBZ 3 hybrid. At first I was very suprised by the weighting of the club, it is much heavier than my current hybrid and doesn't just feel heavier in the head but heavier all over. As I started to hit balls I could really feel where that heavier weighting came into place. Needless to say all the RBZ hype is true. The 3 Hybrid is silly long, ( I know some launch monitors are juiced so i can't say for sure, but I was hitting bombs). I hit a few shots in the 215-220 range, which is as long as my 3 wood. I was very impressed with the distance gains I was getting from the RBZ, but I wasn't impressed with my swing as I was spraying the balls all over with it. I hit a few balls off the toe that seemed to "carry" longer than expected. The forgiveness was very impressive in the distance category, just not in the accuracy category. I plan to hit this club on the range to get a better more "realistic" idea of what this club can do.

I agree about the weighting of the club - it definitely felt heavier to me when I tried it yesterday. And I agree about the distance.

I was at Edwin Watts picking up my reshafted Wilson 19.5* Fybrid. I went to the simulator to hit it and my 24* Wilson Hybrid to make sure there was a consistent gap between the two. Anyway, I was averaging about 205 with the 24*, and about 222 with the 19.5*. This is probably about 5 - 7 yards longer than I would experience on the course, but I was happy with the gap between the two.

As I was ready to leave, I noticed a RocketBallz 18.5* hybrid in the hitting bay. I grabbed it and took one swing. I felt like I really nutted it, and when it was all said and done... 238 carry, 246 total distance.

It might have been 1 lucky swing, but I know for a fact I could have hit 1000 of my Wilson Hybrids and not come close to the 246 yards.

pulled the trigger on a 19* rescue today... was able to swing consistently fast enough with the lightweight shaft to buy it in regular flex. Hit it 180-ish consistently with the occasional perfect 200-yard shot. Crazy long, and crazy forgiving... over 15 yards longer than anything I compared it to! :bananadance:

As I was ready to leave, I noticed a RocketBallz 18.5* hybrid in the hitting bay. I grabbed it and took one swing. I felt like I really nutted it, and when it was all said and done... 238 carry, 246 total distance.

pulled the trigger on a 19* rescue today... was able to swing consistently fast enough with the lightweight shaft to buy it in regular flex. Hit it 180-ish consistently with the occasional perfect 200-yard shot. Crazy long, and crazy forgiving... over 15 yards longer than anything I compared it to! :bananadance:

You guys are really bad or really good, at helping me make up my mind for my next hybrid :D

You guys are really bad or really good, at helping me make up my mind for my next hybrid :D
Glad to hear you are in ponder mode… taking it out on the course today… will post again with my thoughts!

Back