TaylorMade Releases TW Grind Wedges

Its interesting that his specs have the sand wedge swing weight higher than the lob wedge. Wonder why that is.

Its interesting that his specs have the sand wedge swing weight higher than the lob wedge. Wonder why that is.

Not uncommon on tour. Ping has mentioned a few of their tour players have lower swing weight in lob over sand. Bubba I think had a 6+ swing weight difference.

Tiger specs, it’s his preference as the lob is such a touch shot club.

Pre-ordered a 56. TM indicates 9/4 for shipping. Can't wait!

Got my TW 56 today. The grooves are unreal on this thing. Different than MG2. Pretty stoked it came earlier than expected.

Few would argue that there is one name more than any other, lightyears more, that moves the needle when it comes to golf equipment, and that is Tiger Woods. As such, it’s no wonder that we are seeing TaylorMade continue to bring more options with the legendary TW engraving on them.

While the P7TW irons were one that the vast majority of golfers had no business putting into the bag, this one should gain a lot more traction for TaylorMade, potentially. After some pretty constant clamoring for them, TM is finally expanding their MG2 (Milled Grind 2) wedge lineup to include the TW sole designs in a 56° as well as a 60°.

Continue reading...
Trying what Tiger prefers would be cool, but I've played a 50, 54, 58 setup for eons. Too much heel relief sounds like a disaster potential for mere mortals. The ample bounce doesn't surprise me, but when the grinds get complex, they're probably too complex for me. :LOL:(y)

These are enough to make me want to both move to 56-60 from 54-58, and tick the box on TM Milled Grind. Totally want to try Tiger's wedge grinds, that 56* is 😈

I am super intrigued by these... I have always had more success with more bounce. No data to back that up, but ive tried both on course and the results are always in favor of the higher bounce.

However, that is slightly more than I want to pay for a wedge.

I really want a set of these

Any reviews on these yet?
I played the 56 yesterday for the first time. Very versatile with the grind. Likes to be played opened up a little bit more than square. Full swing was no issue. The spin is real. No numbers but would get a little zip back when I really went for it. I totally approve and mine will stay in the bag for a while!

Anybody played the MG3 Tiger Woods wedges? What did you think?

Back