TaylorMade Releases TW Grind Wedges

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Few would argue that there is one name more than any other, lightyears more, that moves the needle when it comes to golf equipment, and that is Tiger Woods. As such, it’s no wonder that we are seeing TaylorMade continue to bring more options with the legendary TW engraving on them. 

While the P7TW irons were one that the vast majority of golfers had no business putting into the bag, this one should gain a lot more traction for TaylorMade, potentially. After some pretty constant clamoring for them, TM is finally expanding their MG2 (Milled Grind 2) wedge lineup to include the TW sole designs in a 56° as well as a 60°.

1-2.jpg

The TW Grinds

This is a pretty straight forward release in terms of general club design, present...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great write up!
The sole of the 56 looks great, very different to what's normally on offer.
Personally I think it's great taylormade are taking advantage of the TW branding. Callaway have done it so well with Phil going back to the 3 Deep. There's certainly a market for it when they look this good.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Nice review and some good looking wedges

Info overload this morning! I think these look pretty good. The fact that is sold as Tiger's grind should have these flying off the shelves for those who think they will help their short game haha. Definitely be curious to see these in hand to compare to other brands grinds and see how significant of a difference there is.

• Staff
The heel relief on that 56 is other worldly :oops:

Glad you hit on the consistency of the milled grind concept here James. I'm with you, I think it gets pushed to the background when talking about the MG/MG2 line. So man if you want to play pretty much the exact grinds of TW, here is your chance. And oh man that heel relief just seems like it will give so much versatility.

Even when I was playing my best, which still wasn't very good, manipulating the face of my sand wedge has always been a problem. Run of the mills sand shots either dig and go under the ball or bounce off the sand and knife it. Its always been a questionable spot in my bag. Maybe I need to try Tiger's grind?

Nice review James! I really like these wedges!

@Jman coming in with all the TM info! Good write ups on all of them. I'm very interested in the 56 and how versatile it could be from the sand, rough, and fairway. I think I could buy it without hitting it first. I wonder if they're going to offer any additional shaft upgrades and offer a R-flex in there too.

@Jman coming in with all the TM info! Good write ups on all of them. I'm very interested in the 56 and how versatile it could be from the sand, rough, and fairway. I think I could buy it without hitting it first. I wonder if they're going to offer any additional shaft upgrades and offer a R-flex in there too.
Since it’s a limited release, I’d be surprised.

not gonna lie, that heel relief on the 56 sounds fantastic. the heel on the sole of my 56 is beat to hell. would be fun to try these!

Since it’s a limited release, I’d be surprised.
I do have a couple of recoils I could put in them. This might be one of those don't tell the wife until it shows up clubs.

If the grind can be duplicated with no issues, why just limit it to the 56/60 when you could do it on a 54/58 as well? :/

Nice review. I'm sure TM will sell a ton of these to Tiger fans.

If the grind can be duplicated with no issues, why just limit it to the 56/60 when you could do it on a 54/58 as well? :/
Most commonly playable lofts.

Not to mention they’re TW wedges and those are....TW lofts....... ;)

Most commonly playable lofts.

Not to mention they’re TW wedges and those are....TW lofts....... ;)

I get the reasons, it’s just a rant. Maybe I want heel relief too :(

I get the reasons, it’s just a rant. Maybe I want heel relief too :(
C-grind for you and you’ll like it sir. :ROFLMAO:

Please, take my wallet from me. I need protection.

So many new products this morning. I love seeing the 12 degree and 11 degree bounces on these wedges. Tiger has consistently advocated for amateurs using more bounce. These will likely sell well due to the TW branding

At first when I heard of this release I thought I was gonna be gimmicky and Just a branding ploy to sell TW goods. But After reading @Jman write up I now really want to try those grinds. Makes a ton of sense.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to order them with custom shafts/grips? Or are they his specs only.

Back