TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I was wondering if any you have played or hit the taylormade raylor, and how does this hybrid compare to the rescue 11. I picked up the game last spring (at that time I had no idea how to swing a club) and bought a 19 & 22 degree in a regular flex. Well now my swing is much better along with my swing speed and I feel the shafts that I have are too weak. Looking into upgrading the shafts or possibly buying new hybrids

Very different clubs. The Raylor having a different sole and more compact head make it just a very different club.

I was wondering if any you have played or hit the taylormade raylor, and how does this hybrid compare to the rescue 11. I picked up the game last spring (at that time I had no idea how to swing a club) and bought a 19 & 22 degree in a regular flex. Well now my swing is much better along with my swing speed and I feel the shafts that I have are too weak. Looking into upgrading the shafts or possibly buying new hybrids

I demoed a Raylor last year for about three rounds and this is a totally different club. The only thing I can really remember about the Raylor was the feel and the fact that the Rescue 11 feels exponentially better.

Edit: JB beat me to it.

Hey welcome to THP, i would also go to a store with a Launch Monitor and hit different flex hybrids and drivers and see what works best for ya.

Thanks, I figured the new rescue would be much different. I've been fitted for my irons/driver and I'm pretty comfortably in the stiff range (and definitely have more control of my clubs). I'll bring my hybrids to the local Dicks or GG and compare them to the latest offerings on the launch monitor

Hi
I would agree that these two clubs are very different. After hitting them both, the Raylor has stayed in the bag. I do not know for how long though. The one major advantage the Raylor has is the shape. It was designed to cut through turf, which it excels at. Distance wise, both clubs are similar, I hit the Raylor a tad further. My thoughts are biased as I have only hit the Rescue 11 off mats and on the sim. The Rescue has a really nice RIP shaft in it, something that I found to be enticing. The larger head size may help with contact as the Raylor is as mentioned compact. Adjustability may be something you want to consider as it may help your game, the Raylor is not adjustable. Sound wise, I love the Raylor and Rescue sounds. Feel at impact for me was about the same, Raylor #winning because its like buttery smooth if you hit it centered.

Great initial write-up F2G! I'm just itchin' to get mine!

If your in Calgary, I will bring the Raylor and meet you at RCGA for some hits

Just found the specs on http://www.taylormadegolf.eu/rescues/rescuetp/specifications.html.

RESCUE TP specifications
Shaft Flex Shaft Torque Tip Size Butt Diameter Shaft Weight Grip Trajectory
X 1.1˚.355” .615” 85g TaylorMade 360 - 55g Mid
S 1.1˚.355” .615” 85g TaylorMade 360 - 55g Mid
R 1.1˚.355” .610” 85g TaylorMade 360 - 55g Mid

Can't wait to test them :act-up:
HB

If your in Calgary, I will bring the Raylor and meet you at RCGA for some hits

I'm in Edmonton actually. When it's a little nicer out, I will probably be meeting RatFink (another Calgary resident) in Red Deer for a round. You'd be more than welcome to join when it happens.

I just love TMs hybrids my burner has held up well for having it for two years. Although I trust my 4 iron more I'm really starting to love the hot face on the club.

I just love TMs hybrids my burner has held up well for having it for two years. Although I trust my 4 iron more I'm really starting to love the hot face on the club.

What degrees do you have in the Hybrids?

Played my second round with my rescue 11 hybrids today and loved them. I finally got to hit the 4 hybrid off the fairway and hit pin high from 202 yards out. 3 hybrid off the tee and fairway are so easy to hit and get in the air. Distance off the tee was 216 with the 3 with cool temps. I hope all of you like them as much as I do.

Played my second round with my rescue 11 hybrids today and loved them. I finally got to hit the 4 hybrid off the fairway and hit pin high from 202 yards out. 3 hybrid off the tee and fairway are so easy to hit and get in the air. Distance off the tee was 216 with the 3 with cool temps. I hope all of you like them as much as I do.

thats great news, im ready to get out and test mine, just has to show up first

Thanks for the update!

Questions for those who have been whacking away already
A: Do you also find the alignment mark is set more towards the heel then the middle?
B: Assuming A is so, are you using the alignment marker to set up the club or the middle of the face as normal?

Just leaving the course and this club continues to impress. Off the tee this club easily goes 230-240. I'll write up a review when I get home. As for the comparison between this and a Raylor, it's not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A: Do you also find the alignment mark is set more towards the heel then the middle?
B: Assuming A is so, are you using the alignment marker to set up the club or the middle of the face as normal?

I definitely don't feel it's lining me up by the heel. I'd say my dispersion on the clubface would be more from center to toe.

I think the alignment mark is closer to the heel and I do not use the alignment mark when I am addressing the ball.

Do you have the loft changed right now F2G or are you hitting it on its stated loft?

Do you have the loft changed right now F2G or are you hitting it on its stated loft?

I have it on standard right now.

Just leaving the course and this club continues to impress. Off the tee this club easily goes 230-240. I'll write up a review when I get home. As for the comparison between this and a Raylor, it's not even close.

F2G, how does that distance compare to how far you were hitting before? And which hybrid did you get? I am looking forward to receiving my rescue on Tuesday so I am anxious to see which loft I get. But I am curious how it might compare with my current distances. It is supposed to be nice here in northern Indiana this week so I will get plenty of testing and comparison time!

When I was talking to our course pro he was saying that if you want to replace a 3 iron that you would probably want the Rescue 11 in atleast the 4 or maybe even the 5 based on the increase in distance that these have over your typical iron. Just a little tidbit I thought I would throw out there for reference.

I need to get a 200 yd club so this one will defiantly be on my list to try! Thanks for the feedback guys.

Was able to hit a variety of shots with my R11 Rescue hybrid today and this is starting to win me over and may find a place in my bag. The club just set up so nicely at address, just enough white to frame the ball against the green or semi-green grass. You definitely know where you're aiming with this club. The feeling of catching a shot on the screws whether off the tee or off the turf is solid. You really feel the shaft and club head working to get the ball into the air and while slightly on the high side, the launch angle defintely starts on a mid-high angle and steadily rises to hits max height and drops out of the sky straight down and soft. I've been waiting to see what this can do when being hit off the grass and I was pleasantly surprised at how easily it went through all types of lies (fairway, 1st cut rough, rough) but where this club hs really won me over is with chipping. Yes chipping. When possible, I like to bump and run with a hybrid when I have a flat lie and a lot of green to work with. This hybrid doesn't disappoint and feels great when executing this kind of shot. The face doesn't feel overly hot an I never felt like there was going to be a time where I wouldn't be able from the R11's versatility.

Back