TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

biggsy

Reaction score
Great looking club. Looking forward to hearing the testers thoughts on this one. Taylormade just doesn't sleep and I love what they are bringing this year. Can't wait to hit these.

BenJ

Reaction score
Handicap
Wrists
Why is the alignment aid on the crown so close to the heel? Is that the sweet spot or was this guy painted on a Friday afternoon?

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Awesome looking club.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Alpha or Beta RIP shaft JB? Beta shaft has a softer tip, lauches ball higher for those who wonder why Im asking. Play the Beta version right now.
All the specs will be out in our official release on the home page.

what are the lofts that you have? Would love to see if compared to the Mashie
I have a 21* which is their 4 hybrid.

So as a guy who knows very little about shafts, am I to understand this one is comparable to the shaft in the Mashie? Or at least in the same ballpark?
Very different shafts. It will matter more how it works for a person. Not sure I would compare it to the Miyazaki in terms of construction, but it will all depend on the person hitting it.

Why is the alignment aid on the crown so close to the heel? Is that the sweet spot or was this guy painted on a Friday afternoon?
I thought the same thing.

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Good call. Would look better without one now that I notice that its so far past center aligning it with the grooves.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
Mashie come stock with a premium shaft. Just wondering if the TM does too. That would make a huge difference to me if I were to consider looking at it to purchase. Just my opinion. After hitting nicer shafts, I like them and plan on having them in my clubs now haha.

It looks like a made for just like the aftermarket made for shafts for their drivers (has the rescue and TM logo stamped). Besides what's the difference? Looks great and TM stepped it up vs the Mashie when it comes to design and stock offering. Let's see what the pricepoint is first so we can start comparing.

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Good call. Would look better without one now that I notice that its so far past center aligning it with the grooves.
The pics on the TM website show it without one. The SuperFast Rescue appears to be the same way with the mark much closer to the heel. I'd say that's where the sweet spot actaully is.

BenJ

Reaction score
Handicap
Wrists
My R9 fairway was like this, though not nearly as obvious. It drove me insane. I'm admittedly OCD about stupid stuff on golf clubs, but I agree. This one is so far off it doesn't make any sense to even have it.

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
oh wow, the in hand pics of this club are absolutely awesome. I think I may be in love! I have not purchased a new hybrid in years. The THP Outting and Demo day in May is looking like something I truly need to make a decision based on results and not looks. WOW!

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
This seems like the year to do it Teezy. Lots of great choices!!!!!!!

oh wow, the in hand pics of this club are absolutely awesome. I think I may be in love! I have not purchased a new hybrid in years. The THP Outting and Demo day in May is looking like something I truly need to make a decision based on results and not looks. WOW!

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Why would they make a club with a sweetspot so close to the heel? It boggles my mind that they want you hitting the club a half inch heeled from center. Good luck leaving this habit with the hybrid and not allowing it to transfer to other clubs.
The pics on the TM website show it without one. The SuperFast Rescue appears to be the same way with the mark much closer to the heel. I'd say that's where the sweet spot actaully is.

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Any idea of a release date [same as R11 and SF?]/price? I'd imagine it'll be a shade pricier than the Mashie, but now my hybrid hunt appears to be a 2 horse race.

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
This seems like the year to do it Teezy. Lots of great choices!!!!!!!
no doubt! thats the plan buddy. You will have to be by me listening...haha

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Mashie come stock with a premium shaft. Just wondering if the TM does too. That would make a huge difference to me if I were to consider looking at it to purchase. Just my opinion. After hitting nicer shafts, I like them and plan on having them in my clubs now haha.
Yoc, isn't the RIP considered a premium shaft? What I was asking about was what's the difference in a premium stock offering like the C. Kua and RIP and an aftermarket, not made for shaft. I.E. what would be the difference if I was to buy a Rescue '11 with the stock made for TM RIP than replacing it with a bought RIP and installing it on the Rescue? Sorry if I sound confusing but I thought there was no or very little difference between a premium shaft that a company provides and the same brand and model shaft bought aftermarket.

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
They adjust the characteristics of the shaft to make it perform for this club(kinda). They also trim the costs to make it feasible for consumers. And when they cut cost, they cut....
Yoc, isn't the RIP considered a premium shaft? What I was asking about was what's the difference in a premium stock offering like the C. Kua and RIP and an aftermarket, not made for shaft. I.E. what would be the difference if I was to buy a Rescue '11 with the stock made for TM RIP than replacing it with a bought RIP and installing it on the Rescue? Sorry if I sound confusing but I thought there was no or very little difference between a premium shaft that a company provides and the same brand and model shaft bought aftermarket.

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
Good looking! I can't wait to match it up at the outing in May with the Mashie.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea of a release date [same as R11 and SF?]/price? I'd imagine it'll be a shade pricier than the Mashie, but now my hybrid hunt appears to be a 2 horse race.
Same as drivers. I believe price we are looking at is $189. Not 100% sure yet though.

They adjust the characteristics of the shaft to make it perform for this club(kinda). They also trim the costs to make it feasible for consumers. And when they cut cost, they cut....
Ding Ding Ding.

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
The shaft is pretty much a Hyundai Sonata with a Mercedes logo on it. But hey, Sonatas work perfectly for some people.

BenJ

Reaction score
Handicap
Wrists
Why would they make a club with a sweetspot so close to the heel? It boggles my mind that they want you hitting the club a half inch heeled from center. Good luck leaving this habit with the hybrid and not allowing it to transfer to other clubs.
Why indeed would they design complete lines of clubs from fairways to irons where the sweet spot is inexplicibly close to the heel?

Sorry... that had too much vitrol in it, but it's a question that some have been asking since the r7 days.

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
This club looks sweet!

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
That is one nice looking hybrid, waiting to hear how it stacks up against the Mashie.

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Gotcha, makes sense. Gracias.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I think we are both reading each other wrong. Let me give an example.

Cleveland driver with a Diamana. I don't think it is the same as the Diamana you can buy off a store shelf for $200+. I don't know how different the build is technically but I'm pretty sure there is a difference in quality.

An example of stock premium offering to me would be the C Kua in the Mashie is the C Kua you buy from Miyazaki. I know not all shafts are made for's and I don't want to come off as being snobby. I know stock shafts work in some cases (my irons, my 3w prior to change, my old dymo 2) I just want to see what's included in the overall package so I can determine my own personal value to the club.

Edit: Overkill sorry didnt see Thainers!!!!!!!!!!!

On to the club itself.. It is certainly a beautiful club to look at.

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
Can't this be said about the Miyasaki shafts in the Mashie or is there a difference?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in