TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I keep coming back to the standard loft setting on my Rescue 11 18*. Anyone else like the standard loft best?

I keep coming back to the standard loft setting on my Rescue 11 18*. Anyone else like the standard loft best?

ive never even adjusted mine since ive gotten it. standard has been just fine. maybe i should see if i like another setting better.

Just spent an hour hitting rescue clubs at golf galaxy. Wanted to hit the TP rescue 11 but they were out of them. I hit the stiff non tp rescue 11 very consistently. I also hit the cleveland mashie well, but I feel the rescue 11 is better because of the ability to change the loft if needed. I originally thought the TP would be right for me, but now it seems the non tp works well. The only difference b/t the two being the shaft and less torque in the tp shaft. Less torque= lower ball flight, maybe more distance, but in a hybrid I want height and soft landing. I am talking myself into the non tp version over here I guess! Anyone else have an opinion on the difference b/t the tp and non tp stiff shafts? Thanks!

:banana:

Just spent an hour hitting rescue clubs at golf galaxy. Wanted to hit the TP rescue 11 but they were out of them. I hit the stiff non tp rescue 11 very consistently. I also hit the cleveland mashie well, but I feel the rescue 11 is better because of the ability to change the loft if needed. I originally thought the TP would be right for me, but now it seems the non tp works well. The only difference b/t the two being the shaft and less torque in the tp shaft. Less torque= lower ball flight, maybe more distance, but in a hybrid I want height and soft landing. I am talking myself into the non tp version over here I guess! Anyone else have an opinion on the difference b/t the tp and non tp stiff shafts? Thanks!

:banana:

If you are happy with the NON TP then go for it, I just like the heavy shaft of the TP.

I've it nothing but standard but I like it.

If you are happy with the NON TP then go for it, I just like the heavy shaft of the TP.

LOL at "NON TP" lets just call it standard or something.

I would like to hit the tp to be sure...ahhh decisions, decisions...I have a driver with a low torque shaft and it is a great thing!

LOL at "NON TP" lets just call it standard or something.

lol I didnt want to say standard since that might get confused with the setting.

I have mine up a degree. Launches nice with soft landings. I also have the tp rip and really like it. Nice easy swing and cya

Today I hit the standard stiff 65 and tp for a minutes back and forth. I found that the tp would have much more roll and distance as well. However, it was much hard to get up in the air. I will be using the hybrid for longer par 3s so I am going with the higher launching easier to hit standard stiff hybrid 4! Very excited.

:alien2:

Have fun with that. I loved the high ball flight I got from the Rescue 11. It was a huge confidance boost with those long par 3s.

yup, for some reason these hybrids have to have a smooth swing put on them which isnt a bad thing IMO

Anybody gone from an M3 Mashie to a rescue 11 4h and regretted it? I'm considering changing, got custom fit a few weeks back for a 5 wood and got a burner 2.0 18* with an Oban devotion 5 shaft. Considering a Rescue 11 4h to replace my M3 as I love the 5 wood with the white head. Might order the 4h with the same shaft as the 5 wood. Any help greatly appreciated

Anybody gone from an M3 Mashie to a rescue 11 4h and regretted it? I'm considering changing, got custom fit a few weeks back for a 5 wood and got a burner 2.0 18* with an Oban devotion 5 shaft. Considering a Rescue 11 4h to replace my M3 as I love the 5 wood with the white head. Might order the 4h with the same shaft as the 5 wood. Any help greatly appreciated

I have the Mashie as well as the Rescue 11s. The lofts aren't the same between the M4 and Rescue 11 4. So it is a good thing you are looing at replacing the M3 with the Rescue 11 4. I found more offset with the Mashie, which caused me to hook a lot of shots. Although the Rescue 11s are not offset as much, then can still move the ball left with ease, so don't get to excited and overswing. The Mashies are much more forgiving however. The Rescue 11s require a pretty consistent swing in order to see consistent results. I would hit the Rescue 11 with the stock shaft in it for two reasons, first it is a really good shaft. Second, just because the Devotion 5 worked in your 5 wood doesn't mean that it will work in the Rescue 11. Anymore questions, please let us know.

Went for it in the end anyways, phoned the guy who fitted me and he recommended the Graphite Design Aura Blue 65. If the flight is too high he'll change out the shaft for me. Happy days

Just got the 3 and 4 with the reg flex RIP shafts and after some adjustment, the TP's are working well for me. As someone mentioned earlier, these clubs want you to let them do the work. If you try to swing too hard, shots are not good, or at least that has been my experience. Overall, I like these clubs and look forward to implementing them in as the season progresses.

Mines still in the bag and I love it, it's still a go to club for me when I really need a good shot.

Mines still in the bag and I love it, it's still a go to club for me when I really need a good shot.
At all times? "Man I really need to hit this 100 yard shot close, thats about a 1/8th 3 hybrid."

At all times? "Man I really need to hit this 100 yard shot close, thats about a 1/8th 3 hybrid."
lol nice. I'm talking around 200 yards or so, or if I need a low punch draw to get out of trouble this is the club I go to.

Taylormade Rescue 11

Taylormade Rescue 11

Got me a Rescue 11 (18 degree,stiff) today for $0.00 !!!!!

I "bought" it a few weeks back with my Hilton Honor points from the hotel rooms my work pays for and it finally came in today, sweet deal for me :act-up:

Mine is still in the bag...can hit it choked down to 210...or let it out and rip it 235...love the damn thing lol

Got me a Rescue 11 (18 degree,stiff) today for $0.00 !!!!!

I "bought" it a few weeks back with my Hilton Honor points from the hotel rooms my work pays for and it finally came in today, sweet deal for me :act-up:

Congrats! Sweet deal indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried both the 18 and 22, liked the 22, but wasn't a fan of the 18. So, I went back to my 09 rescues of 19 and 22 which were much more consistent for my game.

hit the 2011 tp rescue 21 degree at neutral setting at range today. It was equipped with the tp motore 80 hb regular flex. The owner sold it to me for $75 since he was struggling big time with it. He said he seldom hit it, this was obvious by looking at the almost like new club condition.
motore shaft observation - this is a very strong regular, probably not a good choice for someone who hits a seven iron say 145 or less. For me it is fine now, but it is right on the borderline of what will perform well for me (turn 67 in June and need knee injection every 3 1/2 months). The distance for me with range balls and into a 5mph wind was 190's to about 210 carry with some carrying close to 220. Trajectory was good, ball flight straight, some small draws, some small blocks no slices.
I like the club, it is in the bag. Would I BUY THE TP VERSION AT RETAIL PRICE? Not without first testing the non tp variation with the stock RIP 65 in regular and stiff.

Glad its working uman. I still have mine in the bag and it will be there until something else can actually knock it out which nothing has come close to doing that yet. I have the TP 4/21* RIP 85 stiff.

Glad its working uman. I still have mine in the bag and it will be there until something else can actually knock it out which nothing has come close to doing that yet. I have the TP 4/21* RIP 85 stiff.

thanx ten yard. Funny thing I was recently reading lots of posts including yours in this thread, and strangely today the guy next to me at the range was just getting no pop on his tp rescue 21. Long story short , he let me hit it, and I explained to him the shaft was too much for his swing speed. He said well you hit it well, it's yours for $75.

Back