TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

No. The Miyazaki offering are not made-fors.
Can't this be said about the Miyasaki shafts in the Mashie or is there a difference?

Huge difference. You buy a miyazaki off the shelf, its the SAME as the mashie.

This shaft in this club is so unbelievably different than the original RIP, and I havent even hit it yet. It looks the same though, so that might sell it for some people

Why are "made for" shafts considered to be cheap knock offs?
Do companies not put any effort into those offerings? You'd think that if they put their name on it, it'll be just as good as the one sitting on the rack without a head glued to it.

So how is cleveland able to offer such an expensive shaft at such a reasonable price? is it just because cleveland and miyasaki are connected?

gorgeous hybrid for sure. glad to know that JB will be the one hitting it. i know for a fact that he'll bring some dead set honesty to the table and i'm looking forward to reading. have fun with it and thanks for the pics.

I'm loving the looks of this, however from what I can tell this is the same exact head as they had out in 2009 with a change in color, shaft and fct. At least it looks that way to the naked eye. I love the white and may love the shaft, time will tell. The FCT is no biggy to me in a hybrid. I have three Rescue's and can see quite a bit of difference in the older versions to the 09, but this looks like the same animal with cosmetic changes.

Don't get me wrong, I have three because I love them and the white is very pleasing to the eye. I can't wait to compare on a monitor with my older version.

Do companies not put any effort into those offerings? You'd think that if they put their name on it, it'll be just as good as the one sitting on the rack without a head glued to it.
Shafts have their worth based on R&D. This cost just simply cannot be transferred to the purchase of the hybrid or any club for that matter because it would kill the profit margins with costs.

So how is cleveland able to offer such an expensive shaft at such a reasonable price? is it just because cleveland and miyasaki are connected?
Cleveland owns Miyazaki, so they can simply offer it up as a value-added incentive.

Not at all, many made for shafts are quite good with the right club head.

SRI owns both Miyazaki and Cleveland.

1t post updated with more info on the alignment aid. No worries for people.

I think if it comes out at a $189 price tag. I am going to have to go after the Mashie.

Shafts have their worth based on R&D. This cost just simply cannot be transferred to the purchase of the hybrid or any club for that matter because it would kill the profit margins with costs.

Not at all, many made for shafts are quite good with the right club head.

If both companies put enough R&D into their head/shaft combination, what's to say economies of scale won't kick in and make that expensive shaft research worthwhile? Just look at the hype the Mashie is getting with its Miyazaki - I'd wager they're going to get back all that they put into it based on the early outlook of demand.

See if they can send that one to me, I have a problem hitting off the toe, haha.

Does the retail version have no aid? I'm in the corner that doesn't see much reason for one on a hybrid. I think the head would look cooler without it.

Sessy. Actually I like the look of this even with the screwy alignment aid. I think the black face withthe white crown at address creates enough of an alignment aid by itself, imo. Looks like it would frame the ball up very nicely

If both companies put enough R&D into their head/shaft combination, what's to say economies of scale won't kick in and make that expensive shaft research worthwhile? Just look at the hype the Mashie is getting with its Miyazaki - I'd wager they're going to get back all that they put into it based on the early outlook of demand.

Because its just that, Expensive. They can still make a bunch of money off of the Taylormade name, or they can pay more, and still make a bunch of money off of the Taylormade name. To speculate, Cleveland has so much room to grow, whereas Taylormade is already an owner of the huge market I would think. I dont have access to the numbers though.

Need to know 1) How this stacks up distance wise to the other current hybrids 2) how it performs off the tee, fairway, rough 3) How it sounds :)

Can't wait to hear more info.

Being owner of both companies gives SRI an edge that few companies have right now. Does it make a difference for all golfers? Of course not.

Does the retail version have no aid? I'm in the corner that doesn't see much reason for one on a hybrid. I think the head would look cooler without it.

I believe it has an aid, just a centered one. They were kind enough to get them to me early, and I got an early sample.

JB can't wait to hear what you think of this club.

Because its just that, Expensive. They can still make a bunch of money off of the Taylormade name, or they can pay more, and still make a bunch of money off of the Taylormade name. To speculate, Cleveland has so much room to grow, whereas Taylormade is already an owner of the huge market I would think. I dont have access to the numbers though.

Good point - I was assuming that most people are as OCD as I am about knowing the specs of all my equipment [whether it be cars or clubs]. To the average joe, they won't be able to tell the difference in the end, and just go by the name.

Back to the club... It's looking to be pricier than the Mashie so I'm afraid it takes a step down on my list.

It comes with the RIP shaft! I love that shaft have it in my driver.

Looking for a new hybrid this year...wondering if this will be the one. Can't wait to hear some detailed reviews.

Devil's advocate here (and sorry if this is in the wrong place) but it looks like buying a club from Cleveland will be cheaper than buying the shaft separately, particularly after the club has been out a year or so. Could make the price of the Miyazaki shafts a bit hard to justify. I think it's great- but how can a premium shaft fitter ever advise buying a Miyazaki over getting used driver for half the price or less and just pulling out the shaft? Maybe I am missing something, but I thought that was why the 'made for' shafts were used in drivers. They were matched to the head for a fixed flight and roll objective, but did not have the same qualities as the real ones- and so were worth much less.

Devil's advocate here (and sorry if this is in the wrong place) but it looks like buying a club from Cleveland will be cheaper than buying the shaft separately, particularly after the club has been out a year or so. Could make the price of the Miyazaki shafts a bit hard to justify. I think it's great- but how can a premium shaft fitter ever advise buying a Miyazaki over getting used driver for half the price or less and just pulling out the shaft? Maybe I am missing something, but I thought that was why the 'made for' shafts were used in drivers. They were matched to the head for a fixed flight and roll objective, but did not have the same qualities as the real ones- and so were worth much less.

You can't fix flight or roll. Every swing is different. I think that you have raised an interesting point on buying a mashie 2 years from now and popping it into whatever you want. I would like to see the mashies being made with a super specific shaft tip size, even if it's .360. It will keep the shafts from being reused. Although I'm sure the head of the mashie is fantastic, this would still happen.

But then it could turn into made-for shaft and become what it was meant to go against.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

Maybe they could find a specific installation technique similar to ping putters.

You guys are assuming that the price will drop on the club faster than the price of shafts drops. You can pick up a pretty high end shaft from two years ago discounted just like you can a high end club from 2 years ago. There is no guarantee of which one drops faster and in the end, most consumers will not deal with a shaft pull and buying two different clubs to get a combination. Especially with todays fitting available and most OEM's putting out a pretty good product.

You guys are assuming that the price will drop on the club faster than the price of shafts drops. You can pick up a pretty high end shaft from two years ago discounted just like you can a high end club from 2 years ago. There is no guarantee of which one drops faster and in the end, most consumers will not deal with a shaft pull and buying two different clubs to get a combination. Especially with todays fitting available and most OEM's putting out a pretty good product.

Good call. Didn't think of that.

Back