TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Well, this is a great looking hybrid... I hope it performs as good as it looks.

I need a 15* fairway wood, (or mashie :)) , 18* and 23* hybrids so i'm going to be watching these Taylormade reviews very carefully.

i thnk im a fan of the white! i cant wait to demo these in may!

amazing that there is already over 1,000 views of this thread!

Will this be out before the Mashie? I think so and that could hurt the Mashie because of impatient people like me. Just sayin.

Oh man. The picture @ address makes the thing look AMAZING.

Somehow the frontal shot at the face and the one of it's sole isn't doing it for me, but the top is drawing me in. Sigh.....another TM club to add to the "try list".

That looks fantastic!
I can't wait to hit one.

Great now I get to buy another club the collection just keeps getting bigger and bigger. hehehe

WTF, I still don't get this. Is there a weight changes of face thickness or anything different from the 09 version beyond the shaft? Sure its white, I can do that to my old version. They changed words on the fct, wow. The shaft makes a different swing, but that still needs reviewed.

Do you really expect this shaft to make it a mashe?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I am really liking the way the club is constructed. I will be interested in seeing the results. I had a burner 08 3h that just didn't look like a hybrid, more like a smaller FW. This rescue will be on my "To Hit" list along with the Mashie.

This shaft in this club is so unbelievably different than the original RIP, and I havent even hit it yet. It looks the same though, so that might sell it for some people

While I agree with you that this is a made for (98% sure), your statement is a little out there for me. For all we know, it could be an original RIP shaft or one very close performance-wise with those subtle "made for" differences.

It looks sweet but, i'm just not a fan of the white on the top. It would suit my eyes better on the sole instead of the top but, who knows it may not bother me if i gamed it.

Its not an original, and if it was close, it would cost close to the same amount to put in the hybrid. Whats retail on this thing? Not.high.enough.
While I agree with you that this is a made for (98% sure), your statement is a little out there for me. For all we know, it could be an original RIP shaft or one very close performance-wise with those subtle "made for" differences.

Its not an original, and if it was close, it would cost close to the same amount to put in the hybrid. Whats retail on this thing? Not.high.enough.

Not sure you can compare it based solely on retail. Quite a few times, a made for shaft has come exceptionally close in numbers to that of the original. Made for does not necessarily equal bad. It usually equals less cost, but can also be made for, for different reasons. Such as moving the weight around to change launch, etc....

Out of curiosity, do you know what makes a shaft more expensive? It is kind of surprising.

Out of curiosity, do you know what makes a shaft more expensive? It is kind of surprising.

I'm going to go with "the name painted on the side" for $400, Alex. :)

I read the mashie thread, then I come look at these pictures, then read the mashie thread and come back here. I am loving this hybrid. I will be doing some extensive testing on this and the mashie before I choose.

+1 same here dude
I read the mashie thread, then I come look at these pictures, then read the mashie thread and come back here. I am loving this hybrid. I will be doing some extensive testing on this and the mashie before I choose.

this hybrid looks cool, that's for sure, but so does the Mashie.

this hybrid is probably very similar to last years rescue which i didn't care for. i know the shaft in the Mashie is an authentic/not made for Miyazaki. i'll definitely give this one a swing if it's at the outing but i won't seek it out if it's not.

I say that a lot has to do with production and distribution practices...some have it streamlined and some don't. Now materials and names most definately have a lot, if not most to do with it. However, the way that the company conducts their business is gonna add dollars if they aren't being efficient! If they can't get it down pat you and I will pay for it!!! :disapointed:

I'm going to go with "the name painted on the side" for $400, Alex. :)

I'll take Shaft materials for $200, Alex

I say that a lot has to do with production and distribution practices...some have it streamlined and some don't. Now materials and names most definately have a lot, if not most to do with it. However, the way that the company conducts their business is gonna add dollars if they aren't being efficient! If they can't get it down pat you and I will pay for it!!! :disapointed:

I will have a full write up on this one coming up shortly, but what makes a shaft more expensive in general terms is the ingredients. Less composite materials always add dollars and cost of production. The reason many shaft companies can have low and high ends. Different material makeup.

I will have a full write up on this one coming up shortly, but what makes a shaft more expensive in general terms is the ingredients. Less composite materials always add dollars and cost of production. The reason many shaft companies can have low and high ends. Different material makeup.

JB, Can you Cleveland and tell them to release the Mashie earlier? :bashful: Haha.

I honestly think it's a poor decision in terms of product management. Hey, I'm a Taylormade guy but if I hit the Mashie better, I want the Mashie. Especially with the Mayazaki shaft. However, as you can see, us golf nuts are getting excited about all this equipment and if the Rescue 11 is right there in our face we might not have the patience to wait on the Mashie. The white has a luring effect don't you think? You can call it impulse buying or even a bad decision if you like, but it is what it is.

brilliant comment! something I'm sure TM marketing is hoping for because I feel kinda the same way. but I can hold out before purchaing anything until the Outing!
JB, Can you Cleveland and tell them to release the Mashie earlier? :bashful: Haha.

I honestly think it's a poor decision in terms of product management. Hey, I'm a Taylormade guy but if I hit the Mashie better, I want the Mashie. Especially with the Mayazaki shaft. However, as you can see, us golf nuts are getting excited about all this equipment and if the Rescue 11 is right there in our face we might not have the patience to wait on the Mashie. The white has a luring effect don't you think? You can call it impulse buying or even a bad decision if you like, but it is what it is.

Two of us played this for the entire round today. One of the golfers plays Rescue TP hybrids and the other (me) plays a Cleveland Mashie. The first thing I will say is after about 4 swings, both of us completely forgot it was white. Now maybe that is because I dont think much of top lines, offset, onset, wide soles, etc...but after using this today on the 1st 3 holes, I did not even realize it was white anymore.

If you liked the Rescues in the past, you will love the Rescue 11. It has that same sound that you are used and is quite versatile as a hybrid. I found the distance similar to the hybrid I have been playing but it launched a little lower. Not a ton, but a little bit. I had no trouble with left or right today and keeping the ball straight was quite nice.

With my first few swings with it, I felt as though it was a little head heavy and might be lacking a little balance, but it really is not the case. The club is a solid performer.

Two of us played this for the entire round today. One of the golfers plays Rescue TP hybrids and the other (me) plays a Cleveland Mashie. The first thing I will say is after about 4 swings, both of us completely forgot it was white. Now maybe that is because I dont think much of top lines, offset, onset, wide soles, etc...but after using this today on the 1st 3 holes, I did not even realize it was white anymore.

If you liked the Rescues in the past, you will love the Rescue 11. It has that same sound that you are used and is quite versatile as a hybrid. I found the distance similar to the hybrid I have been playing but it launched a little lower. Not a ton, but a little bit. I had no trouble with left or right today and keeping the ball straight was quite nice.

With my first few swings with it, I felt as though it was a little head heavy and might be lacking a little balance, but it really is not the case. The club is a solid performer.

Good reviews already!! I can't wait to hit it!

Back