TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Will be testing this out a demo day in early april. need a rescue for sure

Two of us played this for the entire round today. One of the golfers plays Rescue TP hybrids and the other (me) plays a Cleveland Mashie. The first thing I will say is after about 4 swings, both of us completely forgot it was white. Now maybe that is because I dont think much of top lines, offset, onset, wide soles, etc...but after using this today on the 1st 3 holes, I did not even realize it was white anymore.

If you liked the Rescues in the past, you will love the Rescue 11. It has that same sound that you are used and is quite versatile as a hybrid. I found the distance similar to the hybrid I have been playing but it launched a little lower. Not a ton, but a little bit. I had no trouble with left or right today and keeping the ball straight was quite nice.

With my first few swings with it, I felt as though it was a little head heavy and might be lacking a little balance, but it really is not the case. The club is a solid performer.

Nice info JB i just have a couple of things to say, its interesting that you didnt notice it being white anymore after a few swings. I dont like the white on top but, i would probably feel the same way as i tend not to notice those kind of things once i get to playing. The other thing is ..... WHAT, you got to play golf today???? I would give just about anything to be on the course today, there is a foot of snow here and its been here for 4 days now. I have not seen the sun in a week and it may be another week before i do see it so, the snow wont be going anywhere for awhile. I feel like i've been abducted and dropped in alaska, LOL i've never been a fan of winter but, now that i'm addicted to playing golf i REALLY hate it. I would settle for hitting some balls in the field but, i cant even do that and, i've never been this depressed in my life ...... :banghead: You sir are lucky.

Two of us played this for the entire round today. One of the golfers plays Rescue TP hybrids and the other (me) plays a Cleveland Mashie. The first thing I will say is after about 4 swings, both of us completely forgot it was white. Now maybe that is because I dont think much of top lines, offset, onset, wide soles, etc...but after using this today on the 1st 3 holes, I did not even realize it was white anymore.

If you liked the Rescues in the past, you will love the Rescue 11. It has that same sound that you are used and is quite versatile as a hybrid. I found the distance similar to the hybrid I have been playing but it launched a little lower. Not a ton, but a little bit. I had no trouble with left or right today and keeping the ball straight was quite nice.

With my first few swings with it, I felt as though it was a little head heavy and might be lacking a little balance, but it really is not the case. The club is a solid performer.

What setup did you use? Did you play with the adjustments at all?

any thoughts on the shaft JB?

What setup did you use? Did you play with the adjustments at all?

My first round out, I always play everything at neutral to get a handle on things.

any thoughts on the shaft JB?

It is a solid shaft that held up rather well. No real issues with it at all. It did not WOW me per say, but was certainly a good shaft. It kept up with the swing well and had a solid feel to it.

Good stuff, thanks again for the quick feedback on this.

It is a solid shaft that held up rather well. No real issues with it at all. It did not WOW me per say, but was certainly a good shaft. It kept up with the swing well and had a solid feel to it.

JB, do you think a different shaft, such as the Miyazaki, would give you that "Wow"?

JB, do you think a different shaft, such as the Miyazaki, would give you that "Wow"?

Not sure. It is a pretty wow club to begin with and worked downright well. The shaft did not "wow" me, but it was only the first round and it performed well anyway. In the end it will come down to making sure it fits well and performs well.

Not sure. It is a pretty wow club to begin with and worked downright well. The shaft did not "wow" me, but it was only the first round and it performed well anyway. In the end it will come down to making sure it fits well and performs well.

Great, thanks for the info.

These are better first thoughts as compared to your current hybrid than I was expecting to hear. Good sign for this club

One of the guys that was testing with us today was a pretty long hitter and has never been able to use a hybrid due to having issues catching them a little "heavy". He said the Rescue 11 was "a beast of a club and a present that just keeps on giving".

One of the guys that was testing with us today was a pretty long hitter and has never been able to use a hybrid due to having issues catching them a little "heavy". He said the Rescue 11 was "a beast of a club and a present that just keeps on giving".

Is it a mashie hunter? Or is the Mashie still the king?

Same question as from the R11 thread. This geared towards better players or could all handicaps use this hybrid?

Is it a mashie hunter? Or is the Mashie still the king?

I am not sure yet, I have yet to put them side by side on the monitor. But I will say this, I have not hesitated changing my bag as of yet. Not even a double take.

Same question as from the R11 thread. This geared towards better players or could all handicaps use this hybrid?

I think many golfers can benefit from a hybrid.

I think many golfers can benefit from a hybrid.

They sure can, but for example the Adams Pro Gold hybrids were for the "better" player. Is this the same, or is more for all skill levels?

They sure can, but for example the Adams Pro Gold hybrids were for the "better" player. Is this the same, or is more for all skill levels?

I think many times that is based on face angle and this is adjustable.

Anyone hitting this lately? Wanted to bump this to see if anyone is anticipating the release like they are the Mashie.

JB, is there any chance you play one of these over the mashie? How does it compare?

I am not sure yet, I have yet to put them side by side on the monitor. But I will say this, I have not hesitated changing my bag as of yet. Not even a double take.

Anyone hitting this lately? Wanted to bump this to see if anyone is anticipating the release like they are the Mashie.

JB, is there any chance you play one of these over the mashie? How does it compare?

See above.

See above.

When you say you haven't hesitated changing your bag, does that mean you were using the mashie then tested the rescue and haven't missed a beat?

When you say you haven't hesitated changing your bag, does that mean you were using the mashie then tested the rescue and haven't missed a beat?

My regular bag still has a Mashie in it and that has not changed. I am very much looking forward to spending more time with the Rescue 11.

I cannot wait to read reviews and buy it when this comes out. And the driver

For those that are interested in this product from the get go, what is the main attraction right now? Looks? Early feedback? Big fan of the Rescues?

Back