TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Looks - I like the white head on a smaller club, with the awesome gunmetal face.
The adjustable hosel is also an interesting addition.

For those that are interested in this product from the get go, what is the main attraction right now? Looks? Early feedback? Big fan of the Rescues?

For me it is purely based on looks, which is not really a great reason. It does look wicked though!

For me it is purely based on looks, which is not really a great reason. It does look wicked though!

Totally the same, at least at this point. I haven't used a Rescue, so can't go by past experience. I almost think that the Rescue is the best looking club out of all the white TM offerings.

Mine was based on looks as well. My favorite club back in the day was a Nike CPR rescue. I should have never got rid of it. So, when I see rescue I automatically go back to my love for the NIKE CPR. so, first it was looks then it was memories

interested based on looks and because it has some adjustability . However there are 2 hybrids that I am looking forward to hitting over this one at the moment.

At first is was looks for me. The white on black look is awesome IMO. Secondly after your first initial thoguhts with it JB, it seems like this is a great club. I haven't hit the TM Rescues before, but I have the SuperFast -er SuperLaunch Rescues and was mighty impressed with it. If it performs as good as it looks for me, this may be a winner.

At first is was looks for me. The white on black look is awesome IMO. Secondly after your first initial thoguhts with it JB, it seems like this is a great club. I haven't hit the TM Rescues before, but I have the SuperFast -er SuperLaunch Rescues and was mighty impressed with it. If it performs as good as it looks for me, this may be a winner.

He also said that it didn't hold a candle to the Mashie. The TM rescue is a lot like the Adams Superblack to me, have you hit that hybrid?

He also said that it didn't hold a candle to the Mashie. The TM rescue is a lot like the Adams Superblack to me, have you hit that hybrid?

I haven't TC, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I know JB said that the Mashie is still firmly planted in his bag, but I don't recall him saying it was a terrible club. That's mainly what I was going after.

I'm a little more interested in the new Nike hybrid, but this is on the list to hit. The mashie will be in the bag as a 4 hybrid

I haven't TC, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I know JB said that the Mashie is still firmly planted in his bag, but I don't recall him saying it was a terrible club. That's mainly what I was going after.

It's not a terrible club and I never said that he said that. It's just very different. It's not near as forgiving as the Mashie imo. It certainly doesn't offer the same launch and high ball flight either. At any rate, what works for some certainly doesn't work for others and vice versa. I'm not trying to crucify the Rescue b/c it is a good hybrid, it just isn't really comparable to the Mashie, but not much is for me.

It's not a terrible club and I never said that he said that. It's just very different. It's not near as forgiving as the Mashie imo. It certainly doesn't offer the same launch and high ball flight either. At any rate, what works for some certainly doesn't work for others and vice versa. I'm not trying to crucify the Rescue b/c it is a good hybrid, it just isn't really comparable to the Mashie, but not much is for me.

I know he never said it was terrible, when I said not terrible, I meant not the best. Sorry, should have clarified.

The Mashie is certainly the new standard and especially after reading Hawk's review this morning, it has rekindled the fact that the Mashie is a great club. Not that there was any doubt about that in the first place either. But like you said, what works for one may not necessarily work for the next person. As I said in my comment to Hawk's review on the home page, the other OEMs are going to have to work really hard to compete with the Mashie. The bar has definitely been set high, but if the Rescue is better for me, for whatever reason, I would think that it would be the one to get.

I'm not going to rush out and buy the Rescue, I know better than that, but I will be doing some hybrid testing at the Outing in May and I'll go from there. Never fear, I'll be doing my homework!

because you have hit it?

because you have hit it?

I have not hit the white one that is coming out, but when I hear that it is just like the one from last year, except white, then that tells me what I need to know, b/c I have hit it, and the one from the year before. I think the difference is that it is white.

I have not hit the white one that is coming out, but when I hear that it is just like the one from last year, except white, then that tells me what I need to know, b/c I have hit it, and the one from the year before. I think the difference is that it is white.

ahhhh, you could be right, you could be wrong. but I would think before you make statements regarding the clubs you should have evidence. JB has hit both and you may have spoken with him about this very thing. But, right now, we are all going on having hit the mashie and seeing pics of the R11

ahhhh, you could be right, you could be wrong. but I would think before you make statements regarding the clubs you should have evidence. JB has hit both and you may have spoken with him about this very thing. But, right now, we are all going on having hit the mashie and seeing pics of the R11

how's this for ya:

If you liked the Rescues in the past, you will love the Rescue 11. It has that same sound that you are used and is quite versatile as a hybrid. I found the distance similar to the hybrid I have been playing but it launched a little lower. Not a ton, but a little bit. I had no trouble with left or right today and keeping the ball straight was quite nice.

keep on skimmin' skim shady, haha

how's this for ya:

hahahaha...busted. yet again. IDK, I guess I am just one that will hit it myself before I knock it out of contention. did you erase the skimmin remark, I quoted it but dont see it in the OP.

hahahaha...busted. yet again. IDK, I guess I am just one that will hit it myself before I knock it out of contention. did you erase the skimmin remark, I quoted it but dont see it in the OP.

and you know that I will hit this one as well, and who knows, it could blow me away, but based on previous statements, if it is comparable or similar to past models, the Mashie is much more forgiving. That's all I was trying to say. I seem to be quite controversial today. Not trying to be.

how's this for ya:

To me that sounds like a good initial review. I could be wrong, but to me that seems like the Rescue is a good club, and definitely worth looking at more. It may not be a Mashie, but to me JB's thoughts make it seem reasonably close. I could be wrong though.

To me that sounds like a good initial review. I could be wrong, but to me that seems like the Rescue is a good club, and definitely worth looking at more. It may not be a Mashie, but to me JB's thoughts make it seem reasonably close. I could be wrong though.

My whole point is getting lost in translation. The Rescue is a good club, but he said it's similar to last years, except that this one is white. I've owned the Rescue and imo, it's nowhere in the realm of forgiveness, high ball flight of the Mashie. I believe that those features could benefit golfers who need more forgiveness and higher ball flight (more carry distance).

and you know that I will hit this one as well, and who knows, it could blow me away, but based on previous statements, if it is comparable or similar to past models, the Mashie is much more forgiving. That's all I was trying to say. I seem to be quite controversial today. Not trying to be.

nah bro, I dont think its controversial, I was just talkin it out

I'll wait to judge this club till I can actually hit it BUT I hope they improved on past Rescue models because to be frank they were terrible, IMO. I would expect this model is better but with how bad last years Rescue was that shouldnt be too hard to improve upon. I know how good the Mashie is already so this club is fighting a losing battle from the start.

My whole point is getting lost in translation. The Rescue is a good club, but he said it's similar to last years, except that this one is white. I've owned the Rescue and imo, it's nowhere in the realm of forgiveness, high ball flight of the Mashie. I believe that those features could benefit golfers who need more forgiveness and higher ball flight (more carry distance).

Very true, I can't argue that, and wasn't really trying or wanting to either. At the end of the day, I think the white looks awesome, and it seems like a good club. That's why my interest is tweeked for it. If it doesn't work for me, there are other options (read, Mashie). :D

I have been looking to put one of these hybrid clubs in my bag. Looks like it's gonna come down to the Rescue 11 or the Mashie.

I've not been blessed with hitting the mashie yet, but I own three rescues and love them. Besides being white, the new rescue has a different shaft and I've heard it's a much better shaft for most people. I hope to try both this spring and get the numbers as well as course time.

I'm pretty surprised that people seem to not like the previous years Rescue. I thought it was a real solid club

Back