TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

F2G, you have gotten me even more excited to get mine in the mail tomorrow! Sounds like your distance is improved a little over your previous model which is what I am hoping for because I was never too impressed with my Nike Slingshot Tour as far as performance. Definitely looking forward to hitting this even more now!

how does one change the lie angle to make this club flatter?

When I spoke to the TM guys about this shaft, they said that it isn't really an alpha or beta or anything like that. It is a brand new shaft they launched specifically for hybrids.

That's some great insider info there Doc!! Thanks!

Played 18 with my 18* yesterday and I hit 9 tee shots with it. It's so long that I never needed it for a second shot though.

Looks- I love the look of this club. Originally I didn't think I would like the white at all, but it was never even a factor once I got this club. I really just instantly became comfortable with it and now I actually prefer it. While it does help with alignment, I feel it helps the most with showing you how open or closed you have the face. I really like the look of the shaft also. It has some sort of effect by the hosel, but I don't even notice it in my setup or swing. The face of the club is black with white grooves, which I also think is a good look. The sole is black with a touch of silver and yellow, big surprise I also think this looks good. Overall I'd have to say this is already the best looking club in my bag by far.

Feel- Buttery Soft. Hahaha Just kidding around. It does feel amazing though. I'm not really sure how this equates to feel, but the clubface feels really hot. The ball just seems to compress and takeoff. As I've mentioned before I really love the weighting of this club. The clubhead just seems to be the perfect weight for me. I can always feel where it's at throughout the swing. That's a huge plus to me. I much prefer that feeling over a super-light head that I end up whipping around in the backswing and causing it to be to open or closed when it shouldn't be. It really inspires a feeling of confidence over the ball.

Sound- Some hybrids I've hit have a more muted almost iron like sound (forged blades that are very workable of course, haha), while this club gives off a nice little ding when you hit it nicely. I'm going to state something I've always felt, but might not make sense to others and might not to me that much either. Sometimes hybrids are so muted to me it's weird how far the ball goes with a sound like that, but this club lets off a sound that seems to belong with how far the ball goes. Make sense? All in all, this is one of my favorite sounding hybrids I've hit.

Performance (with paint)- Performance is spectacular, almost Vatican assassin like performance. Off the tee this is 230-240. In comparison, my 19* Hibore XLS with a stiff stock shaft was more around 220. 220 with a 15-20 yard draw though, while the Rescue 11 is 230-240 with about a 5 yard draw. I also much prefer this over the Hibore XLS for the around the green usages you can get out of a hybrid. Another thing with this club is that I can take a really short smooth swing and either hood or fan the clubface and it effortlessly goes 190-210. I'm talking about a swing that I could repeat almost 10 for 10 I'm sure, because it's so easy. While that's not a shot I'm going to use much it's always nice to have a shot your that confident in always in the bag.

Trajectory- Seems very easy to control trajectory. When I was into the wind it was easy to keep down and when downwind or hitting approaches it was easy to get high. This is an area I will learn more about in some future range sessions. So far it seems to have a trajectory I really like though.

Random Items- The grip is a Tour Velvet grip which I have on all my clubs, so I love that. The headcover is snazzy looking. Still haven't messed around with the FCT yet, that will be in the next range session though.

My overall opinion so far is that this club is great. Every aspect I've encountered has been positive. I can honestly say that I have never had one negative critique on this club pop into my head since I've had it. I don't want anyone to think I'm just praising it for the sake of praising it, it really has performed exceedingly well in every situation I've used it in so far.

Big thanks to :thp:&:taylormade:also another big:thankyou:to GolferGal

Great write-up! I'm impressed as to how long this club is for you. If it is as long as you say it is, I may not have a need for a fairway wood anymore!

Was able to hit a variety of shots with my R11 Rescue hybrid today and this is starting to win me over and may find a place in my bag. The club just set up so nicely at address, just enough white to frame the ball against the green or semi-green grass. You definitely know where you're aiming with this club. The feeling of catching a shot on the screws whether off the tee or off the turf is solid. You really feel the shaft and club head working to get the ball into the air and while slightly on the high side, the launch angle defintely starts on a mid-high angle and steadily rises to hits max height and drops out of the sky straight down and soft. I've been waiting to see what this can do when being hit off the grass and I was pleasantly surprised at how easily it went through all types of lies (fairway, 1st cut rough, rough) but where this club hs really won me over is with chipping. Yes chipping. When possible, I like to bump and run with a hybrid when I have a flat lie and a lot of green to work with. This hybrid doesn't disappoint and feels great when executing this kind of shot. The face doesn't feel overly hot an I never felt like there was going to be a time where I wouldn't be able from the R11's versatility.

Awesome write-up Hanks! I never really think to chip with a hybrid, so I'm definitely going to give it a whirl with the R11.

My r11 hybrid just made it safely to Indianapolis. It is getting so close!

yeah dude, do it up. Let me know how it works for you. Once you get the distance dialed in you should see the benefits of it. Much better than having to ram a putter from way far out. why not use a hybrid which would require not as strong a stroke to get the ball as far if not farther?
Awesome write-up Hanks! I never really think to chip with a hybrid, so I'm definitely going to give it a whirl with the R11.

yeah dude, do it up. Let me know how it works for you. Once you get the distance dialed in you should see the benefits of it. Much better than having to ram a putter from way far out. why not use a hybrid which would require not as strong a stroke to get the ball as far if not farther?

I also do this with my 09 rescue TP, love the little bump and run with it, i can only imagine the Rescue 11 will be as good or better at this. I really like using it when i have a huge hill i can bump it into and up, like the one Sergio tryed to but got DQ'ed for moving that piece of divot in Hawaii lol

Absolutely will do!

I am anxious to start trying this as well. I am getting so many good tips on this site since I joined!

Hybrids are great to chip with just make sure you're very aware of the grass. Which way the grain is going and such. Also, always practice them at the course before you play because some places they can really take off and others not.

Picked up a rescue 3 today after hitting it on the SIM. The SIM wasn't working very well but the Rescue felt very nice and the white head is wonderful. It also seemed to be launching extremely high for some reason.. That's a bit strange because I am a low ball hitter.

Picked up a rescue 3 today after hitting it on the SIM. The SIM wasn't working very well but the Rescue felt very nice and the white head is wonderful. It also seemed to be launching extremely high for some reason.. That's a bit strange because I am a low ball hitter.

Congrats, the white looks amazing, im not sure if i will play a driver or hybrid that isnt white now.

Congrats, the white looks amazing, im not sure if i will play a driver or hybrid that isnt white now.

Me either. I really hope taylormade continues to use the white. I love it

Is the shaft a made for RIP or the real deal?

Very pleased with my Rescue , very solid feel and very straight too . Thinking that there is a R11 3 wood in my future .....

watch out for the lie as well. if the ball is sitting down sometimes the hybrid can pop it up too much and roll out can be more than intended

Hybrids are great to chip with just make sure you're very aware of the grass. Which way the grain is going and such. Also, always practice them at the course before you play because some places they can really take off and others not.

I thought it lauched a little high on the stock setting as well. dial that bad boy down a * or 2 and see what happens.....

watch out for the lie as well. if the ball is sitting down sometimes the hybrid can pop it up too much and roll out can be more than intended

I thought it lauched a little high on the stock setting as well. dial that bad boy down a * or 2 and see what happens.....

Thanks Hanks I'll take a look at that at the range today.

My rescue is out for delivery today and its driving me nuts! Im taking a late lunch so I can hopefully be there when ups gets there!

Update, I was out on a delivery this morning and saw my UPS driver ( know him really well) so i stoped and got my package, im now on my lunch break so i came home to open it up and was SHOCKED, Rescue 11 4 hybrid TP, i was not expecting a TP version of this! To say im pumped is a understatement! Its pouring down rain today but if it lets up by the time i get off work ill be heading to the range for my first review, if not today tomorrow cause its not gonna be raining. Cant load the pictures i took of the unboxing right now cause i only have 30 minutes for lunch but will do that as soon as i get home from work. Just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS to THP and Taylormade! GG you rock, this thing was packaged perfect and you got it out to us so quick. JB and the rest of THP staff thanks for giving me a chance to test this beautiful hybrid. I sit it up next to my 09 Rescue TP and i swear i heard it singing Offspring- your pretty fly for a white guy lol.

Noob TaylorMade question: What's the difference between TP and non-TP?

Back