TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Noob TaylorMade question: What's the difference between TP and non-TP?

TP stands for Tour Preferred.

Many times it is a shaft difference
Sometimes in the case of certain clubs it will mean slightly more open club face or fade biased weighting.
For irons it can mean smaller club head.

Update, I was out on a delivery this morning and saw my UPS driver ( know him really well) so i stoped and got my package, im now on my lunch break so i came home to open it up and was SHOCKED, Rescue 11 4 hybrid TP, i was not expecting a TP version of this! To say im pumped is a understatement! Its pouring down rain today but if it lets up by the time i get off work ill be heading to the range for my first review, if not today tomorrow cause its not gonna be raining. Cant load the pictures i took of the unboxing right now cause i only have 30 minutes for lunch but will do that as soon as i get home from work. Just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS to THP and Taylormade! GG you rock, this thing was packaged perfect and you got it out to us so quick. JB and the rest of THP staff thanks for giving me a chance to test this beautiful hybrid. I sit it up next to my 09 Rescue TP and i swear i heard it singing Offspring- your pretty fly for a white guy lol.

Haha, some offspring huh...classic. Thats cool, Im pretty pumped to hear some feedback on the TP as well so dont let me down bro lol, JK Im sure you'll do a great job. Can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks guys.

Update, I was out on a delivery this morning and saw my UPS driver ( know him really well) so i stoped and got my package, im now on my lunch break so i came home to open it up and was SHOCKED, Rescue 11 4 hybrid TP, i was not expecting a TP version of this! To say im pumped is a understatement! Its pouring down rain today but if it lets up by the time i get off work ill be heading to the range for my first review, if not today tomorrow cause its not gonna be raining. Cant load the pictures i took of the unboxing right now cause i only have 30 minutes for lunch but will do that as soon as i get home from work. Just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS to THP and Taylormade! GG you rock, this thing was packaged perfect and you got it out to us so quick. JB and the rest of THP staff thanks for giving me a chance to test this beautiful hybrid. I sit it up next to my 09 Rescue TP and i swear i heard it singing Offspring- your pretty fly for a white guy lol.

Lucky! I took a late lunch and my club still isn't there as of now and im headed back to work dang it. Anxious to see what club I get but so jealous you got a Tp! Congrats bro!

Nice!! Looking forward to your reviews!

Good news for me that my club seems to be back on schedule for delivery on Friday.... fingers crossed!!

My hybrid should be arriving today. I cheated and hit one at Dick's yesterday. I will start my official review process once I get my very own.

I just checked the delivery status and it is sitting on my front porch! Hope no one comes by and steals it before I get home!

*googles INgolfer's home addy*
I just checked the delivery status and it is sitting on my front porch! Hope no one comes by and steals it before I get home!

Pretty Fly For A White Guy

Pretty Fly For A White Guy

Well everybody im home from work and got all my pics uploaded to Photobucket(thanks smallville i think it was you telling me to use this).

Looks- Amazing as usuall lol, i love the looks of the Rescue 11, the white crown with black face just looks beautiful. Looks as good as the R11 Driver.

Feel- This is a big improvement over my 09 Rescue TP, the weight of the club is PERFECT, TM if you are reading this DO NOT CHANGE THE WEIGHT OF THE NEXT GREAT HYBRID YOU COME UP WITH lol. It just feels so smooth swinging this, you can feel the clubhead through out the entire swing and its almost effortless swinging it. Again Perfect Weight

Shaft- What can i say, Great choice putting the RIP in this. I loved the RIP in my Supertri so im very excited to test the hybrid shaft. The shaft also looks very cool, down toward the head you can see the weave pattern and it just looks cool.

Headcover- Again this is another big improvement over the 09 Rescue TP, looks much better, the size is also better, its a little bit bigger in width and length, it fits perfect. The 09 Rescue TP is a pain to get on and off, its just to small.

So far im in love with the Rescue 11 and i havent even hit it yet, everything about it so far is perfect. I will get to the range tomorrow after work since its still raining today. Thanks again THP and Taylormade, i have always been a die hard taylormade fan and they just keep bringing out better products. Also a little request from me, please dont get rid of the white, i dont think i want to play a club thats not white with a black face after having the R11 and Rescue 11. Enjoy The Pics
TaDa.jpg
[/IMG]
FaceSticker.jpg
[/IMG]
UpcloseCrown.jpg
[/IMG]
upcloseFace.jpg
[/IMG]
Sole.jpg
[/IMG]
R11-Rescue11-09TPRescue.jpg
[/IMG]
09vsRescue11.jpg
[/IMG]
TP85.jpg
[/IMG]
RIPShaft.jpg
[/IMG]
Srixonvs11.jpg
[/IMG]
09headcover-VS-Rescue11.jpg
[/IMG]

Awesome pics!! I need a rescue hybrid. I believe this is going to be it. I need a 200 yd club one that's in between my 4 iron and 5 wood. Which do you think I should get?

I tried one of these out at the range today. Looks beautiful, feels pretty solid through the swing....but it didn't blow me away. i'd be interested to try the TP version if i got the chance, but the orginal just didn't really wow me. I wanted to love it just for the way it looks! Just wasn't for me.

Awesome pics!! I need a rescue hybrid. I believe this is going to be it. I need a 200 yd club one that's in between my 4 iron and 5 wood. Which do you think I should get?

I think that all kind of depends on how far you hit your clubs because not everyone is going to hit it the same distance. For reference I hit my 3 iron about 215-220 so I was told that I would probably need atleast the 4 Hybrid or even the 5. But either way you should just grab a couple to take out the range and hit to figure out which one will fill that gap the best.

I cant even explain how awesome this thing is lol, just did some bump and runs with it in my house and this face feels HOT!

What is the distance on your 4-iron? I have noticed that the Rescue 11 has some serious distance. I hit it a solid 10 yards farther than my Adams Idea Pro Golds. I would give this hybrid a test drive.

Hi Bullfrog, I hit my rescue 11 #4 between 200 - 210 yards and it is great in that range. I have played 3 rounds so far with it and I don't know how taylormade does it but they improved this line over the 09 rescues. I highly recommend them. So easy to get the ball up in the air.

Hi Bullfrog, I hit my rescue 11 between 200 - 210 yards and it is great in that range. I have played 3 rounds so far with it and I don't know how taylormade does it but they improved this line over the 09 rescues. I highly recommend them. So easy to get the ball up in the air.

Which one is your 200-210? Might help him a little lol

Hi 10YD, Glad you finally got it! I am very happy for you that you got a TP club as I know you loved the 09 version and are a huge taylormade fan. I can't wait to hear your reviews. I have posted mine in here already and as you can tell, I am extremely happy with mine. Good luck!
Well everybody im home from work and got all my pics uploaded to Photobucket(thanks smallville i think it was you telling me to use this).

Looks- Amazing as usuall lol, i love the looks of the Rescue 11, the white crown with black face just looks beautiful. Looks as good as the R11 Driver.

Feel- This is a big improvement over my 09 Rescue TP, the weight of the club is PERFECT, TM if you are reading this DO NOT CHANGE THE WEIGHT OF THE NEXT GREAT HYBRID YOU COME UP WITH lol. It just feels so smooth swinging this, you can feel the clubhead through out the entire swing and its almost effortless swinging it. Again Perfect Weight

Shaft- What can i say, Great choice putting the RIP in this. I loved the RIP in my Supertri so im very excited to test the hybrid shaft. The shaft also looks very cool, down toward the head you can see the weave pattern and it just looks cool.

Headcover- Again this is another big improvement over the 09 Rescue TP, looks much better, the size is also better, its a little bit bigger in width and length, it fits perfect. The 09 Rescue TP is a pain to get on and off, its just to small.

So far im in love with the Rescue 11 and i havent even hit it yet, everything about it so far is perfect. I will get to the range tomorrow after work since its still raining today. Thanks again THP and Taylormade, i have always been a die hard taylormade fan and they just keep bringing out better products. Also a little request from me, please dont get rid of the white, i dont think i want to play a club thats not white with a black face after having the R11 and Rescue 11. Enjoy The Pics
TaDa.jpg
[/IMG]
FaceSticker.jpg
[/IMG]
UpcloseCrown.jpg
[/IMG]
upcloseFace.jpg
[/IMG]
Sole.jpg
[/IMG]
R11-Rescue11-09TPRescue.jpg
[/IMG]
09vsRescue11.jpg
[/IMG]
TP85.jpg
[/IMG]
RIPShaft.jpg
[/IMG]
Srixonvs11.jpg
[/IMG]
09headcover-VS-Rescue11.jpg
[/IMG]

Good point, 10YD... lol #4 hybrid. I also hit my #3 hybrid today off the deck 222 yards an elevated green today. I got a lot out of it going uphill. I know I keep saying this in my posts but I am still playing golf with temps in the high 40's and I am getting the same summertime distances as my 09 Rescue's. I am going to Florida next week and with nice temps, I am thinking that my distances will be longer and still main accuracy.
Which one is your 200-210? Might help him a little lol

well my 4 iron is about 190. And my 5 wood would be about 215-220.

Then you would most likley want the 4 hybrid that way you can still adjust it up 1* if it is to long distance wise to hit that 200yd mark.

Good point, 10YD... lol #4 hybrid. I also hit my #3 hybrid today off the deck 222 yards an elevated green today. I got a lot out of it going uphill. I know I keep saying this in my posts but I am still playing golf with temps in the high 40's and I am getting the same summertime distances as my 09 Rescue's. I am going to Florida next week and with nice temps, I am thinking that my distances will be longer and still main accuracy.

Nice, ya like i said this face feels very hot, cant wait to get some playing and range time in tomorrow. Florida should be a great time, im jealous lol. you are right i am a huge TM fan lol, i have a titleist bag cause it was on sale and i like the looks but other than that and my irons im all TM. Im really digging the new TP Irons too so that may as well change too when i have the cash to replace them. Still cant believe callaway took your post down, that says allot

Then you would most likley want the 4 hybrid that way you can still adjust it up 1* if it is to long distance wise to hit that 200yd mark.

thanks bro!!

Ok guys and gals i mentioned in my write up over my first initial thoughts that i played the RIP in my Supertri so i was excited about this RIP 85 in the hybrid, well it quit raining so i went outside to take some full on swings and OMG I LOVE THE FEEL OF THIS SHAFT! This shaft feels stout, the Voodoo in my 09 Rescue TP feels really weak compared to this RIP 85, this thing is so smooth. The RIP 70-S i played in my ST was the exact same way (very smooth and stable). Tomorrow cant come soon enough, my TM-880 Ghost Maranello will be here and i'll be able to get some range time in after work. Second review/first range-course review tomorrow evening. Thanks again THP and Taylormade

So I hit my 3 rescue today and I find it to be a fantastic little club. I was using the polara 2 piece and a srixon trispeed tour yellow.

The hole I live on is a par 5 with a short dogleg left. There are bunkers if you hit it about 220 on the right side of the fairway and water as soon as the treeline ends on the left (190) all the way to the hole. For some reason the fairways look like the second cut of the rough. In any case, first shot off the tee with the polara was about 220 but just off of the fairway. The trispeed was the same distance, but I hit a little 10 yard hook to the right (I'm a lefty). The first thing I though about the club was how nice it feels throughout the swing and what a fantastic sound it makes. The only thing that is concerning to me is the shallow face. That's only an issue because I can be a dummy and swing too steep if my lie is too fluffy.. Which I did.. And cause a dummy mark. I hit a few more with both balls and found that when I creamed it, the flight was piercing and approximately 235-240 yards. I need to hit it more to get used to it, but I have a feeling that this hybrid will stay in the bag for a long time. I also look forward to greenside chipping with it.

I look forward to everyone else's reviews.

a6890989-f8c9-b3a1.jpg

a6890989-f8e5-3185.jpg

Back