TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

SLDR are different irons altogether so I'm not sure I'd compare them in that way (i.e. in terms of 'improvement'). They are smaller, likely shorter, and less forgiving and made to be that way.

SpeedBlade in my opinion was an aesethetic upgrade - looks and feel. Maybe some tiny differences in performance, but I didn't really see them.

Thanks Hawk. I saw something about the SLDR irons being geared toward the 10-15 handicap player. I also saw a comparison between the Rocketbladez and Speedbladez with the Speedbladez getting a very slight edge. Never know how subjective those reviews are though.

I was actually going to get the Speedbladez but preferred the look of the Rocketbladez. The difference in price helped sway the decision also!

I was actually going to get the Speedbladez but preferred the look of the Rocketbladez. The difference in price helped sway the decision also!

The comparison review I saw showed minor gains with the Speedbladez that probably don't justify the higher cost. I think the Rocketbladez are nicer looking too.

You'll love the Rocketbladez. Still using mine after 12 months of having them and not close to looking for new clubs, though a new sets always nice =]. Taken me from 26 into 18 and yesterday during a practice round shot equivalent to a 15... they're great clubs. Only thing I've found is I get far more consistent results in reducing my swing speed, rather than feeling I have to blast them.

I picked up the Rocketbladez Tour and gained yardage and controllability. Tested my 6 iron out next to Speedblade 6 iron and saw no major difference. Same shaft and flex.

I don't need new irons, but couldn't resist picking these up on the forum.

Excited to put these in play next week.

Got 4-AW

I was crushing the 6 iron at a demo day last year and have been intrigued ever since.

I'm definitely a SGI guy, but with the GHIN now below 13, i think these could be a good transition.

How knows, but it will be fun to mess around with these sticks!

I don't need new irons, but couldn't resist picking these up on the forum.

Excited to put these in play next week.

Got 4-AW

I was crushing the 6 iron at a demo day last year and have been intrigued ever since.

I'm definitely a SGI guy, but with the GHIN now below 13, i think these could be a good transition.

How knows, but it will be fun to mess around with these sticks!
If you are mid-teens there's absolutely no doubt you can comfortably game these bad boys. Congrats and enjoy the new sticks!

Swung the Rocketbladez Tour at GG today. I really liked it.

Swung the Rocketbladez Tour at GG today. I really liked it.

See any gain in distance?? Those are going for a pretty decent price now right??

See any gain in distance?? Those are going for a pretty decent price now right??

Not really with the Tour version compared to the other clubs I swung. Price is good on them right now. Now the Speedblades are just ridiculously long.

Would be interested to know if there's anybody still gaming these?? I've recently pick up a set second hand and there outstanding clubs, the 4 iron is a beast, i could never hit a 4 iron before but crush it with this one. Plus they look great in the bag!

I'm not gaming mine any longer, but there were times I wished I was :). I see the HL version in bags a decent amount. They are solid clubs, enjoy!

Would be interested to know if there's anybody still gaming these?? I've recently pick up a set second hand and there outstanding clubs, the 4 iron is a beast, i could never hit a 4 iron before but crush it with this one. Plus they look great in the bag!
I just picked up a new set of HP w/graphite. I knew 3 sets back I should of got these instead. Maybe coincidence but scores have lowered. Matter of fact, they showed up on porch, unboxed & straight to course for league. We play just 9 holes. Shot +3 38.

I just picked up a new set of HP w/graphite. I knew 3 sets back I should of got these instead. Maybe coincidence but scores have lowered. Matter of fact, they showed up on porch, unboxed & straight to course for league. We play just 9 holes. Shot +3 38.

agreed, transitioning to these irons from the mp 64s is one of the better decisions I have made. If you can get over the slightly thicker top line, and the loud 'crack' noise the 4-6 iron make, then you have a great set of irons. Nice to see you playing well with them straight out of the box.

Here is a question for everyone. Are there any distance irons out there (2 years ago to current) that significantly outperform these? I didn't notice too much a difference between these and speedbladez... how do irons like rsi, vapor speed, and bio cell/ fly z compare?

I still game mine...

I have mine, although I pull my 6-4 irons fairly consistently, but I can hit them a mile.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Just got the 4-AW rocketbladez and the 56* ATV. ready for it to warm up so I can try them out.

Just got the 4-AW rocketbladez and the 56* ATV. ready for it to warm up so I can try them out.
That's great, congrats on the new sticks! What made you buy theses over other options? And welcome to THP!

I have these 4-SW and am debating to get them fit for me or upgrade to Speed Blades.

Back