TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Bridgestone Golf

shaolingolfer

Reaction score
Curious to know what your launch angle is with the 12*. Wish I knew about the hot melt. I got mine cut to 45. Definitely feels a little lighter than when I tested it.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
12 degree and open all the way to play like 10 degree, launching at 17.5 degree, 2255 spin average. Never hit a driver this high or this long ever before., not even close.

jin_xianjun

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody have the stock hzrdus smoke green shaft in 6.0, 70g that comes in the SIM that they are willing to part with? Looking for one in the dead stock retail spec

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Ill be honest I am struggling right now with my SIM. I know its swing related but its all over the place so much so I put my F9 back in to help correct some things since I know what it can do.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ill be honest I am struggling right now with my SIM. I know its swing related but its all over the place so much so I put my F9 back in to help correct some things since I know what it can do.
The F9 offering more forgiveness? Laterally?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Yeah. My issue is my miss is more across the face right now whereas when I was fitted to the SIM my miss was isolated to low. The F9 has better launch and dispersion from toe to heel for me right now.

BobS

Reaction score
Handicap
I just purchased the Sim Max with the stock red Ventus shaft. Good results on the driving range but nothing that much better than my M6 gamer. Haven't had it out on the course yet. Are there any M6 users that are seeing much better results? Just curious....
I'll be updating any future results from my upcoming range sessions since there are no sporting events to watch for a while. :-(

KEV

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got my first 9 holes in with the SIM on my home course and the honeymoon phase was in full effect. It was about 48* and breezy when I teed off and the course is soaked. Here are some results and thoughts from the 5 holes I pulled driver on:

1st hole: slight helping wind. I hit a well struck shot but it was a defensive pull to my spot in the left rough. I hit there a ton because I'm afraid of the OB on the right. It was in about the same spot as my driver normally goes.

3rd hole: pretty stiff crosswind from left to right. I piped the drive and it was dead straight down the fairway and absolutely cut through the wind. It landed in a swamp in the middle of the fairway and was one of the longer drives I've ever hit on that hole. I would love to know how far it would have rolled with our normal dry fairways.

4th hole: again a pretty stiff and slightly hurting right to left crosswind. I hit it well, maybe slightly thin and it definitely was short but right in the middle of the fairway. I'm not sure if it was due to the thin strike (which I didn't think was very thin) or the ball but it was shorter than I thought it would be.

5th hole: a stiff left to right crosswind. I pushed it a hair but it went about my average distance on that hole in to the right rough.

6th hole: dead in to a stiff wind. I had a bit shorter backswing (which I commonly battle) but I hit the ball well, right down the middle but much shorter than where I normally land. I'm going to chalk that up completely to the wind because one of my playing partners had the exact same result.

Overall it was a great maiden voyage on my home course. I would say it was a pretty good driving day so the real test will come on those off days. I do think I may have to lower the loft a bit because I was seeing higher than normal (for me) flight which was a killer in the wind. I'm a little scared to do that though because the ball was going dead straight and I hate to mess with that. This driver feels and sounds like a TaylorMade driver and reminds me a lot of my old M1 that I played so well with. I've hit other drivers this year that I enjoy the fell off more but this isn't bad at all. Hopefully I'll get a couple more chances to play over the next week and get some more thoughts.

Muchmore18

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I also just played the first round of the year outside with my SIM. Man is this thing a rocket launcher. Grounds were sloppy and wet from the snow melting recently and I was still putting drives farther than I'm used to in good conditions. Can't wait to see what I can do with this thing when I get a little more warmed up and the course is in better shape. Driver was a big reason I shot a 38 tonight, my best nine hole score ever. This is hopefully the start of a good season!

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got my first 9 holes in with the SIM on my home course and the honeymoon phase was in full effect. It was about 48* and breezy when I teed off and the course is soaked. Here are some results and thoughts from the 5 holes I pulled driver on:

1st hole: slight helping wind. I hit a well struck shot but it was a defensive pull to my spot in the left rough. I hit there a ton because I'm afraid of the OB on the right. It was in about the same spot as my driver normally goes.

3rd hole: pretty stiff crosswind from left to right. I piped the drive and it was dead straight down the fairway and absolutely cut through the wind. It landed in a swamp in the middle of the fairway and was one of the longer drives I've ever hit on that hole. I would love to know how far it would have rolled with our normal dry fairways.

4th hole: again a pretty stiff and slightly hurting right to left crosswind. I hit it well, maybe slightly thin and it definitely was short but right in the middle of the fairway. I'm not sure if it was due to the thin strike (which I didn't think was very thin) or the ball but it was shorter than I thought it would be.

5th hole: a stiff left to right crosswind. I pushed it a hair but it went about my average distance on that hole in to the right rough.

6th hole: dead in to a stiff wind. I had a bit shorter backswing (which I commonly battle) but I hit the ball well, right down the middle but much shorter than where I normally land. I'm going to chalk that up completely to the wind because one of my playing partners had the exact same result.

Overall it was a great maiden voyage on my home course. I would say it was a pretty good driving day so the real test will come on those off days. I do think I may have to lower the loft a bit because I was seeing higher than normal (for me) flight which was a killer in the wind. I'm a little scared to do that though because the ball was going dead straight and I hate to mess with that. This driver feels and sounds like a TaylorMade driver and reminds me a lot of my old M1 that I played so well with. I've hit other drivers this year that I enjoy the fell off more but this isn't bad at all. Hopefully I'll get a couple more chances to play over the next week and get some more thoughts.
Nice! What version did you get? Also, I would just like to point out the fact that I am jealous of your weather. Probably don't hear that often :)

KEV

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Nice! What version did you get? Also, I would just like to point out the fact that I am jealous of your weather. Probably don't hear that often :)
Haha, I finally have nicer weather than someone!!! I have an 11:30 tee time on Sunday 😁.

I got the regular model. It's probably on the verge of being too low spinning for me but I was getting some crazy good numbers with it compared to other offerings. The biggest thing for me though is that it eliminated the left side of the course. I really struggle mentally with draw biased drivers (past issues with over hooking) and this being straight or fade biased is huge for me. And the numbers were too good to pass up on two different testing sessions.

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha, I finally have nicer weather than someone!!! I have an 11:30 tee time on Sunday 😁.

I got the regular model. It's probably on the verge of being too low spinning for me but I was getting some crazy good numbers with it compared to other offerings. The biggest thing for me though is that it eliminated the left side of the course. I really struggle mentally with draw biased drivers (past issues with over hooking) and this being straight or fade biased is huge for me. And the numbers were too good to pass up on two different testing sessions.
Well, I think we'll be in the 50's at some point next week. Assuming we're not in complete lock down, I may be able to golf at some point this year.

I tried the regular Sim a couple months back. Very solid stick. Really like the look from the top.

Boder

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I hit the Sim Max at the driving range a week ago and came away very impressed. It felt so easy for me to line up and address the ball. I can’t stop thinking about it but not one to rush into a purchase either. Now shops and courses are all closed around here so no telling when I can swing it again.

MH

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I hit the Sim Max at the driving range a week ago and came away very impressed. It felt so easy for me to line up and address the ball. I can’t stop thinking about it but not one to rush into a purchase either. Now shops and courses are all closed around here so no telling when I can swing it again.
Well I guess you will just have to order one no telling when the shops will open up again

Boder

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well I guess you will just have to order one no telling when the shops will open up again
Given the present economic situation I should probably refrain for fear of my marriage collapsing. That and I just bought a new shaft for my Callaway driver weeks prior. In the meantime my day will be filled with thoughts of hitting it again.

Tee/Ski

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

hmmm, I over hook the ball also:unsure:....thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: KEV

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in