TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Anyone still messing with these? ;)
Mine just about got tossed in a pond this morning. Granted my swing was garbage and weather was terrible but I have no confidence in it right now. I'm struggling with the shallow face look more than I thought I would. One thing that I've noticed is the occasional "whooshing" sound that I assume comes from that rudder on the bottom. It's not a big deal but something I've noticed.

My good drives have been great and I stay out of trouble for the most part but I'm not clicking with this so far. I think once the PING shows up this will be for sale.

Mine just about got tossed in a pond this morning. Granted my swing was garbage and weather was terrible but I have no confidence in it right now. I'm struggling with the shallow face look more than I thought I would. One thing that I've noticed is the occasional "whooshing" sound that I assume comes from that rudder on the bottom. It's not a big deal but something I've noticed.

My good drives have been great and I stay out of trouble for the most part but I'm not clicking with this so far. I think once the PING shows up this will be for sale.

Okay I’m not crazy.

Okay I’m not crazy.
Nope, not at all. I noticed it a couple weeks ago and thought maybe it was just something weird in my swing that day but I've noticed it every time out since then. I'm not a fan at all.

Nope, not at all. I noticed it a couple weeks ago and thought maybe it was just something weird in my swing that day but I've noticed it every time out since then. I'm not a fan at all.

Similar to the original Hogan hybrid, just not as severe.

You’re rocking, or were, the standard SIM, yeah?

Yeah I went standard.
It’s funny, that’s the one I have honestly 0 interest in, the Max though looks kinda fun.

Even though my G410 LST has bested new Callaway and Cobra releases, I keep on hunting.

Still loving my standard SIM. I’m hitting this thing better than I’ve ever hit a driver before. Couldn’t be happier :D

I played TM in the past but had no “want” to demo the SIM this year. Absolutely giddy with my Mav Max.

Showcase for SIM today aside from Rickie of course.

It’s funny, that’s the one I have honestly 0 interest in, the Max though looks kinda fun.

Even though my G410 LST has bested new Callaway and Cobra releases, I keep on hunting.
I liked the Max, it felt good and performed well in testing but I didn't really see any difference in it and my Flash at the time. I fell in lust with the numbers of the regular on my good swings. This is why I really, really wish we had an outdoor fitting place here so I can get a better idea of how I like it.

I liked the Max, it felt good and performed well in testing but I didn't really see any difference in it and my Flash at the time. I fell in lust with the numbers of the regular on my good swings. This is why I really, really wish we had an outdoor fitting place here so I can get a better idea of how I like it.
I wish you had the Max in 9. I would buy it haha

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
I wish you had the Max in 9. I would buy it haha
My buddy is loving his Max so far. He hit some bombs with it today and so far it seems to be outperforming the TS2 it replaced.

That face is so shallow. I don't think that's a look I could ever really get used to. If anything, the only SIM that I've like the look of is the Max D. The face seems deeper.

That face is so shallow. I don't think that's a look I could ever really get used to. If anything, the only SIM that I've like the look of is the Max D. The face seems deeper.
Yeah the shallow face is a great look on a fairway wood, not so much on the driver for me.

And you all have my ears perking up at shallow face lol

And you all have my ears perking up at shallow face lol
One of my other buddies has the regular SIM also and loves the shallow face too. That's the beauty of such large number of options, there's something for everyone.

One of my other buddies has the regular SIM also and loves the shallow face too. That's the beauty of such large number of options, there's something for everyone.
You’re damn skippy. What’s interesting is to see the movement over time away from those super deep faces like we used to get with the Cleveland Classic and such.

You’re damn skippy. What’s interesting is to see the movement over time away from those super deep faces like we used to get with the Cleveland Classic and such.
This is probably a dumb question and maybe not the place for it but what's the benefit of a shallow face in a driver?

Anyone still messing with these? ;)

Took a demo out last week with the Ventus Blue 6X (non-VeloCore) and didn't really dig it. Face felt way too hard and sound was odd. Definitely going to check out the Max when I get the chance.

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question and maybe not the place for it but what's the benefit of a shallow face in a driver?
If you miss is towards toe this driver is a good option.

I was FINALLY......able to get this driver in play this weekend.

Not surprisingly, i hit the absolute living piss out of this setup. I am still trying to pinpoint what it is i like about it so much.

Cobra enthusiasts will argue that the SIM is basically a "Speedzone" rip. Ive hit both and I do not agree with this sentiment. They feel different. The sound different. They look pretty different if you get down to the details.

I didnt think id like the matte two tone finish as much as i do. I thought it might distract me a bit. It doesnt....at all. In fact i think it helps me differentiate the ball and the club face a bit.

SOUND........theres something definitive about the sound of this driver vs the recent releases from other OEMs over the last couple of years. I hate to call it an old school sound but, thats the only thing that comes to mind at the moment. I love the sound and with that i love the feel so much. When struck well.....you know you hit it well. When struck poorly, you arent disappointed in the feel or sound as much as some other drivers ive played.

Got to try the Sim and Sim Max drivers at the range yesterday (both with the same shaft - my Aldila Rogue 130). The reg Sim is def too low spin for me. If I considered one, it would be the Max. The shape of the heads seems pretty odd to me, but I hit some really nice ones.

Back