TaylorMade SIM Drivers

I need your version to see how much I disagree with you :D
How was the performance for you? It’s been quite awhile since I have hit the sim but don’t remember the sound being an issue.

How was the performance for you? It’s been quite awhile since I have hit the sim but don’t remember the sound being an issue.
Pretty solid. Nothing remarkable, but I liked it quite a bit.

Lower than I was expecting considering all they had to hit was the 10.5 head.

I need your version to see how much I disagree with you :D

Was it the standard SIM or the Max? I did not like the sound or feel of the SIM. I had it for a bit, but switched to the max and I am much happier.

here is me actually today with my SIM max on the range.

I still love my SIM, best driver I’ve had. Mavrick has been on the bench for months.

Was it the standard SIM or the Max? I did not like the sound or feel of the SIM. I had it for a bit, but switched to the max and I am much happier.

here is me actually today with my SIM max on the range.

I didn't hit the Max. Need to click 'watch' before I comment on regular SIM hahaha

Max sounds a bit different, eh? Lower, more subtle? More thuddy?

It just dawned on me -- I've yet to play a round with someone gaming SIM anything.

I haven't been a big fan of the feel of the SIM. It's not obnoxious or anything but just not quite right to me. The Mavrik is still the gold standard for me this year and this is very different.

I’m interested in these now - coming from an R15, stiff shaft (whatever the stock one was). I haven’t been fitted for a driver in so long I’m not even sure of my numbers, but I remember my spin numbers being on the average to low side - maybe 2500-2700 range I think. I have the paper somewhere I think. What should I be looking at first, the regular or the max?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been a big fan of the feel of the SIM. It's not obnoxious or anything but just not quite right to me. The Mavrik is still the gold standard for me this year and this is very different.
It sounds good, but does it hold a candle to Epic Flash? I think for my game, I'd stay EF SZ and not think twice about it.

I’m interested in these now - coming from an R15, stiff shaft (whatever the stock one was). I haven’t been fitted for a driver in so long I’m not even sure of my numbers, but I remember my spin numbers being on the average to low side - maybe 2500-2700 range I think. I have the paper somewhere I think. What should I be looking at first, the regular or the max?
If you've got spin to acquire not give, I'd always say lean max but mostly because it's the opposite for me haha!

TaylorMade has made some SERIOUSLY low spinning drivers since R15, but I feel like they've always kept something reasonable in the lineup. Also, I'd be really curious to know what that stock shaft is -- if I remember correctly, they had Fujikura Speeder flowing through that lineup which was outstanding.

It just dawned on me -- I've yet to play a round with someone gaming SIM anything.

Well, give me a call.. haha

I agree, deeper tone. Also, with the SIM I noticed a bit of a whistle with the weight slot.

Well, give me a call.. haha

Vegas? Yeah man, no prob. hahahaha!

I agree, deeper tone. Also, with the SIM I noticed a bit of a whistle with the weight slot.

that would ruin me. No whistle from my experience at all, thank goodness. Also, that top line? LOVE the matte/carbon/madness.

If you've got spin to acquire not give, I'd always say lean max but mostly because it's the opposite for me haha!

TaylorMade has made some SERIOUSLY low spinning drivers since R15, but I feel like they've always kept something reasonable in the lineup. Also, I'd be really curious to know what that stock shaft is -- if I remember correctly, they had Fujikura Speeder flowing through that lineup which was outstanding.

The speeder sounds right. My swing speed was borderline stiff but at the time I went with it because I have an aggressive transition and regular flexes get a bit wonky unless I’m slow and deliberate which is rarely the cases

It’s set at 10.5 and the weights at the sweet spot but I started tinkering this week with it and separated the weights a bit to give a little more stability. The feel is better but the distance just isn’t there. What used to be a 240-250 average had dwindled to a 220-225 with had ones sub 200. I can often get more distance with my 3h off the deck. It’s time for an upgrade!

My buddy works at club champion but my dilemma is I don’t want to be on the hook for $150 if I can’t find a winner. I know they are free if you spend $499 or more which will be easy I’m sure. I usually do ok with Stock shafts but I also know the value of getting fit Into an optimal set up.

The speeder sounds right. My swing speed was borderline stiff but at the time I went with it because I have an aggressive transition and regular flexes get a bit wonky unless I’m slow and deliberate which is rarely the cases

It’s set at 10.5 and the weights at the sweet spot but I started tinkering this week with it and separated the weights a bit to give a little more stability. The feel is better but the distance just isn’t there. What used to be a 240-250 average had dwindled to a 220-225 with had ones sub 200. I can often get more distance with my 3h off the deck. It’s time for an upgrade!

My buddy works at club champion but my dilemma is I don’t want to be on the hook for $150 if I can’t find a winner. I know they are free if you spend $499 or more which will be easy I’m sure. I usually do ok with Stock shafts but I also know the value of getting fit Into an optimal set up.
Where do you live?

Finding a demo day might be a bit harder with the craziness of Rona, but if you can sort something out that way, it's always free when the club company hosts it. I haven't seen any information from my course on when that kind of thing is being scheduled, but if you're worried about the cost it could be the best way to go.

Lots to learn hitting random shots at a demo day. Not perfect, but enough to get an idea of whether a full fitting is needed (I'd argue it is most times haha). Also, HZRDUS smoke green/black for a bubble player with a quick transition? I think you're going to like the upgrade options!

The whistle or whoosh sound drives me nuts.

Vegas? Yeah man, no prob. hahahaha!

that would ruin me. No whistle from my experience at all, thank goodness. Also, that top line? LOVE the matte/carbon/madness.

Reno actually, but I would easily go to Vegas for a golf weekend.

Where do you live?

Finding a demo day might be a bit harder with the craziness of Rona, but if you can sort something out that way, it's always free when the club company hosts it. I haven't seen any information from my course on when that kind of thing is being scheduled, but if you're worried about the cost it could be the best way to go.

Lots to learn hitting random shots at a demo day. Not perfect, but enough to get an idea of whether a full fitting is needed (I'd argue it is most times haha). Also, HZRDUS smoke green/black for a bubble player with a quick transition? I think you're going to like the upgrade options!

I’m in Delaware...yeah I’d like to go hit them somewhere and get a better sense of whether a full fitting is worth the time and effort. Or even a quick stop in golf galaxy. I know enough about the numbers to be dangerous

I’m in Delaware...yeah I’d like to go hit them somewhere and get a better sense of whether a full fitting is worth the time and effort. Or even a quick stop in golf galaxy. I know enough about the numbers to be dangerous
Ugh... Golf Galaxy, where data goes to die... :(

Unless your store is WAY better than mine, grain of salt my good man! Lots to learn there, but open range or legit simulator is critical, please!!

Ugh... Golf Galaxy, where data goes to die... :(

Unless your store is WAY better than mine, grain of salt my good man! Lots to learn there, but open range or legit simulator is critical, please!!

Yeah grain of sal for sure. That’s why I said I know enough. I don’t know intricacies Of every shaft available but understand relationship of swing weights, flexes, kick points, spin rates etc to know what works. I wouldn’t buy anything without some extensive testing given the cost of these things! Their Fitting is a joke though for sure.

Yeah grain of sal for sure. That’s why I said I know enough. I don’t know intricacies Of every shaft available but understand relationship of swing weights, flexes, kick points, spin rates etc to know what works. I wouldn’t buy anything without some extensive testing given the cost of these things! Their Fitting is a joke though for sure.

I'll be eager to see where your search takes you... The pandora's box mentality of not switching since R15 sounds AMAZING to me!

Is @Canadan getting a SIM in the near future?

Back