TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Went back on my way home from work and hit the heads with the same shaft. Very similar ball speeds with similar launch. The sim did spin slightly less but the max was a straighter ball flight. Ordered a 9* max with the Lin-q purple with no tipping. Can’t wait for it to get here and battle it out with the g410 lst
NICE! I went gunmetal untipped on my trade in.

Too bad it’s going to run into a buzz saw when it finally ships :ROFLMAO:

I just can't get over how great this head looks. The carbon area of the crown just dances in the sunlight.

I just can't get over how great this head looks. The carbon area of the crown just dances in the sunlight.
It’s pretty amazing how far they’ve come with the dual crown. From the M1/M2 to now it’s not even close. These look mean.

NICE! I went gunmetal untipped on my trade in.

Too bad it’s going to run into a buzz saw when it finally ships :ROFLMAO:

haha, you never know. The max may just surprise that 440 buzzsaw! Looking forward to your thoughts

Im certainly in the minority as for liking the SIM for reasons that some of you don't like it.
The smaller and shallower face. The low spin and the overall smaller footprint.
I wasnt a fan of the feel with the SIM Max either.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

What about the MAX feel didn't you like?

What about the MAX feel didn't you like?
Its not that it felt bad to me.. it wasn't the crushed it feel of the SIM.

The maiden voyage could not have gone any better. An absolute weapon off the tee tonight. Long, straight, reliable. Good into the wind and great downwind.
Can't wait to hit it again tomorrow!
Ohhhhhhh man.....that’s exciting!

I don't think I've gained any yards compared to the Flash, but my ability to not fear the left side allows me to just rip it out of my shoes on every swing. Extremely liberating.
That’s a big deal though, bugger than yardage when you hit a certain point of skill in the game. Confidence in a one way miss is gargantuan for sure.

Looking at all these good things folks have to say make me very anxious to have mine delivered.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have mine set at 9.0 and the weight to the heel. For me 9.0 is low.. but it works.
Over the past few weeks I've had a ton of shafts in this head trying to beat the Rapid Taper Prototype. Ventus, Tensi Blue. Hzrdus Smoke and every Xcaliber shaft in the catalog. Nothing comes close for consistentcy.
My miss is a push right that with a steady shaft I can adjust my swing to make it work. But if I get aggressive away right it can go. With this setup I just swing the club and it goes. At times I don't think I've hit it great but when I look up I see it launch away. I can carry it 265 and if I rip it 275ish. But I don't have to kill this club.. i just swing it.
For me its such a unique experience to not worry about the right side at all.
@ArmyGolf doesn't have to worry about the left i dont have to worry about the right.
I love the feel of this club as well.
Had a great round today at a 71 on a course i have struggled with.
If this shaft doesn't make production I could care less because no one is taking it from me.
This driver has brought a lot of fun back into my game. As close to point and shoot as it gets. Which for me is a huge deal.
d35341ad45043c0d36a457ec896006b6.jpg

TMag is advertising this thing hard and it helps that they have amazing guys to hit it. I’d bet it drives some sales because people are so starved for sports content and are a captive audience

My trade in I forgot about has shipped. :oops:

The shape of the Max kinda threw me off. Decided to sell it. Sold off my Mav SZ as well. Currently gonna game the G410+ and keep an eye out for a Mav TripD.

My first foray into SIM world didn't go so well and actually lead me to the 9* M5 .... again a very steady driver but wasn't as long as my previous M3 or EFSZ.

My background: lefty , almost 55 yo, broken body that's only producing 90mph CHS.....I'm pretty much a low launch, low spin kinda guy and desire more consistent launch with too much spin.....tried a 410+ 10.5* but those were moonballs and spinny, never got around to hitting 9* head.....

Gave the speedzone/ speedzone xtreme, mavrik/ mavrik sz , ts3 and a few others a look not even considering SIM after my January experience.....my club guy said "give this a shot " handing me 10.5* with FENTUS BLUE 6R.....not too bad then he found a FENTUS RED 5R and on the LM we saw gains.....control wasn't great as shaft didn't allow aggressive moves.....he allowed me to take it on the course with FENTUS 5R and on the range it felt really loose even for me!

Well after playing speedzone for the first few drives , I hit SIM on the 9th hole.....this is stock length 45.75" ....... mid/hi flight and straight.....hitting it a few more times made me realize that only the smoothess tempo could make this combo work......

Out of the blue, my club texts me a picture of a what he felt could be shaft perfect for my swing and needs.....Fuji atmos tour spec RED 6R......I swing(no pun intended) by and grab this from him .....shaft comes in at 45"

I get an invite to a very nice course Banyan Cay, from a good friend and proceed to hit nothing but high(relatively) straight shots ......baby fades or tiny draws if I caught in the toe which is my miss.....didn't see massive gains of overall distance but the flight improvement is what I needed......

I will try a 9* just to make sure but really happy with this club!

My first foray into SIM world didn't go so well and actually lead me to the 9* M5 .... again a very steady driver but wasn't as long as my previous M3 or EFSZ.

My background: lefty , almost 55 yo, broken body that's only producing 90mph CHS.....I'm pretty much a low launch, low spin kinda guy and desire more consistent launch with too much spin.....tried a 410+ 10.5* but those were moonballs and spinny, never got around to hitting 9* head.....

Gave the speedzone/ speedzone xtreme, mavrik/ mavrik sz , ts3 and a few others a look not even considering SIM after my January experience.....my club guy said "give this a shot " handing me 10.5* with FENTUS BLUE 6R.....not too bad then he found a FENTUS RED 5R and on the LM we saw gains.....control wasn't great as shaft didn't allow aggressive moves.....he allowed me to take it on the course with FENTUS 5R and on the range it felt really loose even for me!

Well after playing speedzone for the first few drives , I hit SIM on the 9th hole.....this is stock length 45.75" ....... mid/hi flight and straight.....hitting it a few more times made me realize that only the smoothess tempo could make this combo work......

Out of the blue, my club texts me a picture of a what he felt could be shaft perfect for my swing and needs.....Fuji atmos tour spec RED 6R......I swing(no pun intended) by and grab this from him .....shaft comes in at 45"

I get an invite to a very nice course Banyan Cay, from a good friend and proceed to hit nothing but high(relatively) straight shots ......baby fades or tiny draws if I caught in the toe which is my miss.....didn't see massive gains of overall distance but the flight improvement is what I needed......

I will try a 9* just to make sure but really happy with this club!

Similar experience with the Ventus red for me. Too light and wippy for my aggressive transition and I couldn’t control it, it would launch a mile high and spin like crazy. I landed on the Ventus blue 6s (stock) and with one click up from 9* and it’s a killer. I usually played 10.5* for the last 6-7 years because I bought into the high launch low spin all carry game and then I realized my distance was suffering because too much spin and too high. So with a lower loft, lower launching and slinging shaft I’m right where I need to be. And I found I hit up on the ball at 4.2-4.5 on average. Just give me rorys swing speed and I’ll be in excellent shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played 6 rounds over the last 4 days and used SIM Max exclusively to see if it could beat out the Epic Flash. My combo is SIM Max 10.5 with AD-DI 7X shaft playing 45".

In a nutshell, easily the best driving weekend of my life. We were playing tight tree lined, mountain courses and I hit 75% of fairways. I topped one drive (IDIOT!) and I blasted 1 OB left and 1 OB right for the entire weekend.
I was playing with a bunch of guys I hadn't met before and they are all now scrambling to get me onto all their upcoming scramble tournament teams haha.

The flight is perfect. Mid-high with a small tendency to fade. I can draw it when needed but it takes some work. Most of the fairways were pretty wet and soggy so we weren't getting much roll at all, but I was consistently a GPS measured 250-270 off the tee - which is what I've been seeing with Flash as well. I think Flash has more distance potential since it achieves the same distances with a bit of a lower flight and aggressive land angle.

And before anyone asks - I absolutely squandered this driving epiphany with an iron game that closely resembles raw sewage. So frustrated with it right now.

Picked up the sim max 3w the other day and played today. First shot I hit with it off the deck went 238. Haven’t ever hit a 3w off the deck that far. Fair to say that TM really did well with these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six over and 4 over......making nothing on the greens......But SIM has giving me confidence and consistency without massive distance gains.....less fluctuations of distance; more predictable distance......tee height has some determination on flight but I'm seeing easier launch......need more time with this club.....for research 😏😏😏20200702_172105.jpg20200702_172056.jpg20200702_172041.jpg

Last edited:
The SIM looks promising to me for a very important reason: it has elements of design which harken back to my longest driver ever. The Adams Insight 9015D A4. I think they bought Adams just for that patent. ;)

The SIM looks promising to me for a very important reason: it has elements of design which harken back to my longest driver ever. The Adams Insight 9015D A4. I think they bought Adams just for that patent. ;)

Took elements of that bomber , SLDR but M2 2016 and some others.....it sits on the ground like a 905R from Titleist....even has that same "crack" tone

Back