TaylorMade SIM Drivers

CF2063B1-A03B-4999-8551-F1020A0449A7.jpeg2D1B5A8A-78CF-4F1A-A0D6-B91CEAA950BA.jpegAAA068FA-72DC-40CF-9773-420B3A9A619E.jpegFC53A675-8594-481F-B8B7-22CCEF530333.jpeg309719B7-980B-43D6-89E2-9D72C244724C.jpeg

@Jman how did u hit it?

@Jman how did u hit it?
Haven’t yet, won’t probably until tomorrow. I’d like to get some quality pictures of it first.

Just got the Sim head to put my Ventus 6x blue in it. I'm coming from the M5. What is the weight of the back weight that comes standard in the Sim? Swing weight feels heavier than my M5 combo. Are you guys like the Sim or Max better?

Just got the Sim head to put my Ventus 6x blue in it. I'm coming from the M5. What is the weight of the back weight that comes standard in the Sim? Swing weight feels heavier than my M5 combo. Are you guys like the Sim or Max better?
For me it was the SIM. I didn't care much for the SIM Max at all. It was indoors so my take on the sound alone killed it for me. I lipe the slightly smaller size of the SIM and the better feel.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

For me it was the SIM. I didn't care much for the SIM Max at all. It was indoors so my take on the sound alone killed it for me. I lipe the slightly smaller size of the SIM and the better feel.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

thanks- I thought they were both 460cc?

thanks- I thought they were both 460cc?
They are. I believe he would be talking about the shallower face of the SIM compared to SIM Max. The Max face size is about 8% bigger than the standard SIM and it's noticeable at address

They are. I believe he would be talking about the shallower face of the SIM compared to SIM Max. The Max face size is about 8% bigger than the standard SIM and it's noticeable at address
Ah, ok... that makes sense.

I gamed both the Sim and the Max at different times. Max spun too much for me no matter what shaft I put in it. Sim had better numbers but the shallowness off the face was a real turn off. Couldn’t ever get over that. Ended up selling both of them.

Screenshot_20200708-162139_Maps.jpg

15th hole today @ Madison Green in Royal Palm Beach , FL........from my tee 285 soft dogleg right ......I'm lefty and I don't hit that many hooks or draws.....but with SIM 10.5* setup (Atmos tour spec red 6r @ 45") i went for the big slinger.....wasn't as high as I'd like but the shot ended up here😏😏😏

Screenshot_20200708-162603_Gallery.jpg

I've had 3 rds with SIM and my accuracy is on par with other drivers however confidence level is much with the addition of a higher flight and a tiny draw when called upon......

I wish I could say that I've added 30yds but the tight dispersion and trajectory are enough for me!

First round in the books with the sim max in the bag. It went very well, I won’t say I’m longer because I actually think I was a bit shorter than normal but I was hitting the ball very straight and it led to one of my better rounds this year. The course is very soggy right now so there was absolutely no roll. Flight was also high to the point I was wishing I’d have ordered with the Linq gunmetal but it was only the first round. Definitely in the honeymoon phase but really like everything about this head from the looks to sound/feel. Wish I hadn’t waited so long to try it

4th round with SIM-TASTIC.......13/14 on an unfamiliar but fair track.....leading to a +3 75 that , with better iron play (my primary determination on scoring) could have been lower.....only 9 greens but I had looks , so there that's ;)

Yesterday I decided to compare my Sim Max / velo Ventus 6X to my Aldila Rogue Silver 7X. I was a bit surprised to find I was hitting the Aldila a bit higher. Which I really like. Gonna game the Sim Max Rogue setup this weekend.
FEF8FA01-AA28-49C0-B449-3FF7D6B85615.jpeg

Yesterday I decided to compare my Sim Max / velo Ventus 6X to my Aldila Rogue Silver 7X. I was a bit surprised to find I was hitting the Aldila a bit higher. Which I really like. Gonna game the Sim Max Rogue setup this weekend.
View attachment 8952766

Trying something very similar! Hitting Atmos Red tour spec very well and dependably.....but this fuji Pro 2.0 non- tour spec seems slightly higher but going ......only time will tellScreenshot_20200710-194234_Gallery.jpg

Trying something very similar! Hitting Atmos Red tour spec very well and dependably.....but this fuji Pro 2.0 non- tour spec seems slightly higher but going ......only time will tellView attachment 8952827

I think we may not always react to a shaft profile like we assume. I’ve found that I get along with the Diamana white line and I think the Aldila is similar in feel etc.. It really gives the Sim Max a stronger pop sound too. Will see how it goes!

Sode note: man, the G410 with stock tour shaft is also a fantastic driver.

I think we may not always react to a shaft profile like we assume. I’ve found that I get along with the Diamana white line and I think the Aldila is similar in feel etc.. It really gives the Sim Max a stronger pop sound too. Will see how it goes!

Sode note: man, the G410 with stock tour shaft is also a fantastic driver.

Great thoughts and I've always had great success with most blue profile diamana shafts (sans ka'li) .....the Pro 2.0 has a similar profile but differs in stiffness points......

Atmos red tour spec , from what I've read and felt , seems to be smooth but rigid in doesn't kick but stays primarily on swing path.

You have any information on Atmos tour spec line?

The Max is....fun. I only hit it about 6 times when visiting Sposey, but it’s got potential. Love the sound of course because I love the sound of TM drivers. Don’t think it can hang with the EXS pro for me though.

View attachment 8952766
Is your Ventus black or blue?
I hit the rogue silver higher than I'd figure too. Even the older ones, actually.

Is your Ventus black or blue?
I hit the rogue silver higher than I'd figure too. Even the older ones, actually.
I have the Blue in 6X.

Great thoughts and I've always had great success with most blue profile diamana shafts (sans ka'li) .....the Pro 2.0 has a similar profile but differs in stiffness points......

Atmos red tour spec , from what I've read and felt , seems to be smooth but rigid in doesn't kick but stays primarily on swing path.

You have any information on Atmos tour spec line?
Sorry, I don’t know much about the tour spec lineup. I had one of black and white tour spec shafts and just couldn’t get it to work for me. I traded it in with a club this year.

I have the Blue in 6X.
Okay. That's what I figured from what you were saying. I'd wager my driver I'd hit the silver higher than it too. I haven't hit the Ventus blue in my sim (going to uni-fit it this weekend), but I've tried it in my mav, and I hit it lower than the black, and my Hzrdus black. Something about that profile in blue flattens out my trajectory. Same with riptide. 'Should' be higher, but isn't for me.

Okay. That's what I figured from what you were saying. I'd wager my driver I'd hit the silver higher than it too. I haven't hit the Ventus blue in my sim (going to uni-fit it this weekend), but I've tried it in my mav, and I hit it lower than the black, and my Hzrdus black. Something about the profile in blue flattens out of my trajectory. Same with riptide. 'Should' be higher, but isn't for me.
Interesting. I thknk taylormade tips the shaft one inch too, so there could be something there. My Aldila is a 7TX, but isnt tipped.
Going to a range tomorrow morning (hopefully) with a launch monitor. So hoping to get some numbers.

Interesting. I thknk taylormade tips the shaft one inch too, so there could be something there. My Aldila is a 7TX, but isnt tipped.
Could be. Makes a big difference in the silver, imo.

Going to a range tomorrow morning (hopefully) with a launch monitor. So hoping to get some numbers.
They do unless you request no tipping on an order. All others are tipped 1” though, yeah.

Back