TaylorMade SIM Drivers

I wanna be.....sledgehammer...

DE445FBB-BE42-4727-995C-7643675D93DA.jpeg5348E531-F062-4C0B-A173-71CEC745F2FD.jpeg

Trying something very similar! Hitting Atmos Red tour spec very well and dependably.....but this fuji Pro 2.0 non- tour spec seems slightly higher but going ......only time will tellView attachment 8952827

Well ATMOS tour spec red beat the dog snot out of the Pro 2.0 ; then I found out from club guy this was a 3wd shaft lengthened :(

ATMOS works but that's an unusual fit......he's gonna try and match the Pro up to the ATMOS but as for now , I'll leave well enough alone

SIM-TASTIC with ATMOS tour spec red is fairly automatic .....why mess with success? Because we're golfers!:cool:

Well ATMOS tour spec red beat the dog snot out of the Pro 2.0 ; then I found out from club guy this was a 3wd shaft lengthened :(

ATMOS works but that's an unusual fit......he's gonna try and match the Pro up to the ATMOS but as for now , I'll leave well enough alone

SIM-TASTIC with ATMOS tour spec red is fairly automatic .....why mess with success? Because we're golfers!:cool:
If it works who cares what they call it?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Have you guys tried adjusting the Sim Max settings much. Its interesting how the rear bulge changes the visual shape of the head. In some positions it looks more bulgy and in other the head looks more pear shaped.
Deep thoughts by DNice.... 😆

Have you guys tried adjusting the Sim Max settings much. Its interesting how the rear bulge changes the visual shape of the head. In some positions it looks more bulgy and in other the head looks more pear shaped.
Deep thoughts by DNice.... 😆

These clubs are adjustable? Wow, I never noticed

Traveling with wife on a short getaway......played an unfamiliar executive course but saw the same consistent, dependable flight with SIM-TASTIC!

As close to point and shoot as I've ever had.....

Also I think the sweet spot might be lower on the face.....advantages of the shallower face maybe?

Played nine with the Sim 9° upright(4th time out) and had zero penalties off the tee and two drives over 300yds. Guess I'm still honeymooning.
Still playing a fade which is strange for me but it's not an out of bounds fade/slice.
I'm still really wanting to try a Cobra but I cant argue with these results.

So, I have to say, the Max is a really really good driver. To the point I’m surprised at the lack of overall chatter about it here compared to other places. I played the M5 and M6 last year and this is a much needed leap on those. Ball speed is up, twist face is toned down, the look is fantastic, and the results with the LIN-Q gunmetal F5 in a 9.0 head has been one of the best combos I’ve hit all year.

I don’t think it’s better than the EXS Pro is for me, but I could 100% play it as the gamer. It’s better for me than all the other new drivers I tried this year, minus the EXS.

So, I have to say, the Max is a really really good driver. To the point I’m surprised at the lack of overall chatter about it here compared to other places. I played the M5 and M6 last year and this is a much needed leap on those. Ball speed is up, twist face is toned down, the look is fantastic, and the results with the LIN-Q gunmetal F5 in a 9.0 head has been one of the best combos I’ve hit all year.

I don’t think it’s better than the EXS Pro is for me, but I could 100% play it as the gamer. It’s better for me than all the other new drivers I tried this year, minus the EXS.
Totally agree.. SIM Max gave me a lower launch and lower spin than M6. I thought M5 and SIM Max were pretty comparable in flight for me but Max did have 2 extra mph

Same results here.
It's not faster than Epic Flash for me, but it launches higher and flies straighter. Loving it so far.

Totally agree.. SIM Max gave me a lower launch and lower spin than M6. I thought M5 and SIM Max were pretty comparable in flight for me but Max did have 2 extra mph
I was going to say, ball speed it isn’t close, the M5 lagged behind the rest of the market there in a big way IME, not the issue with the Max, it’s as hot as anything I’ve played this year.
Same results here.
It's not faster than Epic Flash for me, but it launches higher and flies straighter. Loving it so far.
Its also just got that look at setup that is so so so so good.

It looks soooooo perfect.

Legitimately the only complaint I have about it is that my Seamus driver cover is hard to fit over the big ol' rudder on the bottom.

Ho-hum.......another round, another every fairways hit ! Don't wanna venture too far away from the success but I MIGHT experiment looking for that extra OOMPH.......besides working out! Lol

Shot +1 on greens that were hot garbage......but i didn't hit it close enough; not SIM-TASTIC's fault! Just a dream club that I had no thought of using a month ago

My SIM is sitting there staring at me, telling me to take it out today. Last time I did though, I hit it well but went from a steady 80+% fairways with my gamer, to about 55% rather quickly. To risk it or not to risk it...

My SIM is sitting there staring at me, telling me to take it out today. Last time I did though, I hit it well but went from a steady 80+% fairways with my gamer, to about 55% rather quickly. To risk it or not to risk it...

Screenshot_20200717-104041_TheGrint.jpg

This is why I have a hard time giving up the SIM. That is a handy stock shot to have in the bag. I could place that little fade all day. Dammit!

I was going to say, ball speed it isn’t close, the M5 lagged behind the rest of the market there in a big way IME, not the issue with the Max, it’s as hot as anything I’ve played this year.

I have spoken with a few fitters who say, when set up properly, the SIM Max is yielding ball speeds as fast as any other offering.

I played the Max for a while. I only went back to the standard SIM as I wanted to play with the weights. I found the above combo to be just amazing. Overall though, I think for th public the Max is the better option. Same ball speed, slightly more spin. The Max has a great look with that slightly deeper face too.

I played the Max for a while. I only went back to the standard SIM as I wanted to play with the weights. I found the above combo to be just amazing. Overall though, I think for th public the Max is the better option. Same ball speed, slightly more spin. The Max has a great look with that slightly deeper face too.

Which combo again?

I feel completely blessed with my find......especially coming from solid M3/M5 9* heads.....couldn't stand the look of 10.5* in those lines.....might have been twistface.....SIM-TASTIC ( SIM with ATMOS tour spec red) has been probably the most repeatable driver I've hit since my mp-001w/NV65(Mizuno) days

Low heel or high toe , I'm still in play with just a beautiful trajectory that I've not had in a while.

Which combo again?

I feel completely blessed with my find......especially coming from solid M3/M5 9* heads.....couldn't stand the look of 10.5* in those lines.....might have been twistface.....SIM-TASTIC ( SIM with ATMOS tour spec red) has been probably the most repeatable driver I've hit since my mp-001w/NV65(Mizuno) days

Low heel or high toe , I'm still in play with just a beautiful trajectory that I've not had in a while.

I pulled a 3 gram (or is it 5??) out of an M5 head as it is the same size only lighter as the standard SIM weight. Dropped the heavier weight in the heal and the lighter one in the middle. Put in a HAZ green 60TX and it has been bombs away. D4 swing weight. I have the head paying at 1 click down. So I think that is 8.75 loft. I am not 100% sure.

1595003567790.png

Last edited:
Back