TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Just got the shipping notice on my Driver from PGASS and its scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I wonder if they let me have it early.

It’s in play today

The SIM is a very good driver. It is my fav of the year so far. If you are interested, I would say to start with more loft. It is very low launch low spin.

The SIM is a very good driver. It is my fav of the year so far. If you are interested, I would say to start with more loft. It is very low launch low spin.

I was referring to tiger. I am not planning on gaming the SIM

Super happy that the sole doesn’t poke out in the address position. From the bottom it looks like it would.

I’m not in the market for anything new ( ? ) this year as my lawyer is eating up all disposable funds. But I’m sure I’ll hit it just for fun at some point. Hopefully they have the same adapter as the M series, so I can use my own shaft otherwise I’ll be hitting it with a wispy blade of grass for a shaft.

Super happy that the sole doesn’t poke out in the address position. From the bottom it looks like it would.

I’m not in the market for anything new ( ? ) this year as my lawyer is eating up all disposable funds. But I’m sure I’ll hit it just for fun at some point. Hopefully they have the same adapter as the M series, so I can use my own shaft otherwise I’ll be hitting it with a wispy blade of grass for a shaft.

Yes, it is the same.

Must be working for him! T33 at E isn't too bad so far though 5*!

I think he has only hit driver once so far. wide right on that one. Also hit is traditional hard left ball of the first tee. I think he almost does it on purpose now. It is literally ever first ball of almost very round.

I agree, I am thinking really hard about it replacing my M5. I did a comparison SIM vs my M5. At 9.75* loft setting. GC2 at Golf Galaxy.

M5- average
103 club speeed
149 ball speed
Carry 250 yards
Total 275 yards
Spin 2822

SIM-average
104 club speed
150 ball speed
Carry 260 yards
Total 288 yards
Spin 2377

Of course lower spin equaled a wider dispersion with the SIM, but a club shorter on approach shots.

Last edited:
Like the sound of low spin like sldr never really loved the feel of the sldr but I loved the results I’m high spin guy but we always seem to get along never did hit it very high but it would run a long ways bought the fairway today the max version may get max driver to Match or may go Mavrik thanks for the info guys

Finally upgraded my old Cleveland classic. Sim beat out all the new offerings (TS2, F9, G410, Epic Flash Sub zero) for me. Definitely the most in terms of ball speed. I launch the ball pretty high with my attack angle usually around 6-8. Ended up getting fit into a 8* head with a diamana 60 LTD shaft. Can't wait for it to come in. Gained 25 yds over my current gamer.

They didn't have the Maverik or the Sim Max. So hopefully they'll be there to test come Feb 7th.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

got notified that my preorder shipped. hoping to see it by next week

I haven't seen the driver but so far the reviews have been glowing. A buddy of mine says it's the best sounding driver on the market.

Yesterday I watched Tiger, Morikawa and Rahm bomb drives. Tiger outdrove Rahm a couple times and he even smirked about that, said he loves the new driver. Good stuff.

Just hit the SIM and SIM Max this morning @ Club Champion (Willowbrook, IL) against my M5 gamer. All were hit using my Graphite Design BB6s shaft... Much like the M6, the SIM Max was a total miss for me. The SIM on the other hand, WOW!!!

Both clubs hit @ standard 9.0 loft. The details below are on average per TrackMan data...

M5 (both weights full toe):
108.7 club speed
159.3 ball speed
1.47 smash
14.2 launch
1790 spin
265.2 carry (278.8 longest carry)
294.4 total (305.5 longest total)

SIM (weight fully toe):
110.3 club speed
163 ball speed
1.48 smash
14.0 launch
1690 spin
277.1 carry (286.7 longest carry)
306.3 total (311.2 longest total)

Overall, the SIM was an improvement in performance in basically every category. Most surprising to me were the club speed, ball speed and the carry/total distance numbers. The dispersion was shockingly tight and consistent, too. I honestly did NOT expect this, but I couldn't argue the results.

I dunno what it is with Club Champion Willowbrook but the 2 fittings I’ve had there don’t make sense. I went last January and last month. Trackman is so strange to me. Both times I’ve gone there, it seems 80% of my shots miss way left. I typically play a small fade, if anything dead straight sometimes. I’ll hit low face heel strikes on trackman that start left of center and draw 40 yards left.

It’s almost impossible for me to get sub 2500 spin on Trackman. High face and toe strikes still have wild readings. Most of the balls I hit have the italicized spin number which the fitter told me means Trackman is estimating spin bc it didn’t read

Iron fittings were phenomenal there and the sitters are great too. But both driver fittings there left me scratching my head. I do plenty of Sim work on gcquad and gc2 getting numbers. My SS is just slightly faster, but ball speed is slower and spin is way too high compared to what i see on course and on other simulators. My attack angle is +3.5
8d2d7b242697b0a27006c2d4bdde359b.jpg
50b0ff70672a10b8d67bbd4bf33cd3b9.jpg
9d49847409594b7558cf8fb84fe649d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to see this in hand last night. It looks surprisingly good in person. I like what they've done with the carbon and the paint on the crown. The face does seem kind of shallow. But, I wouldn't say it's a knock on it. Got to hit it a couple of times. On the center, it feels pretty damn good. If I caught it off center though, I was having a hard time figuring out exactly where I caught it. I think it's just a matter of it being an extremely muted feel off the face.

Otherwise, it seems to launch pretty easily and the spin is pretty low. Was seeing some pretty good carry with it.

Last edited:
I dunno what it is with Club Champion Willowbrook but the 2 fittings I’ve had there don’t make sense. I went last January and last month. Trackman is so strange to me. Both times I’ve gone there, it seems 80% of my shots miss way left. I typically play a small fade, if anything dead straight sometimes. I’ll hit low face heel strikes on trackman that start left of center and draw 40 yards left.

It’s almost impossible for me to get sub 2500 spin on Trackman. High face and toe strikes still have wild readings. Most of the balls I hit have the italicized spin number which the fitter told me means Trackman is estimating spin bc it didn’t read

Iron fittings were phenomenal there and the sitters are great too. But both driver fittings there left me scratching my head. I do plenty of Sim work on gcquad and gc2 getting numbers. My SS is just slightly faster, but ball speed is slower and spin is way too high compared to what i see on course and on other simulators. My attack angle is +3.5
8d2d7b242697b0a27006c2d4bdde359b.jpg
50b0ff70672a10b8d67bbd4bf33cd3b9.jpg
9d49847409594b7558cf8fb84fe649d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting... I play a draw and I thought I was missing way left, too. I got discouraged. But if you look at the actual curve numbers, they're not bad. It lines you up hitting down the middle of the fairway screen. But once I found a nice aiming point, I was able to hit my 'stock' shot and work it back toward the middle of the fairway screen.

I only work with 2 guys there. I've known them both for 10+ years (prior to them being w/Club Champion), they're friends of mine and they know their stuff. I've been in there 10-15 times getting fitted and/or testing things. I have seen great improvements in my game and I trust nobody else to fit me and/or build my clubs at my specs.

The more I see and read about this one, the more it feels like they went back to the SLDR well in a lot of way.

That's interesting... I play a draw and I thought I was missing way left, too. I got discouraged. But if you look at the actual curve numbers, they're not bad. It lines you up hitting down the middle of the fairway screen. But once I found a nice aiming point, I was able to hit my 'stock' shot and work it back toward the middle of the fairway screen.

I only work with 2 guys there. I've known them both for 10+ years (prior to them being w/Club Champion), they're friends of mine and they know their stuff. I've been in there 10-15 times getting fitted and/or testing things. I have seen great improvements in my game and I trust nobody else to fit me and/or build my clubs at my specs.

Yea I trust CC too to build my clubs. I loved the iron fitting and my current irons/wedges.... Trackman I dont get. Golf Galaxy in Downers Grove has trackman also. I was hitting my m5 vs the Mavrik sub zero there 2 weeks ago. on the foresight monitors both clubs averaged spin around 1800 - 2200 with 280 carry. Then went to Trackman and averaged 2600 - 3000 spin with 264 carry

The more I see and read about this one, the more it feels like they went back to the SLDR well in a lot of way.

I can see that to some degree. It is different and much more playable than the sldr ever hoped to be. The color pallet is similar and it is very low spin like the sldr. But perform worlds better on off center strikes.

I can see that to some degree. It is different and much more playable than the sldr ever hoped to be. The color pallet is similar and it is very low spin like the sldr. But perform worlds better on off center strikes.
Not hard to be better on a playability, SLDR was one of the most penal drivers ever released. Legit.

Their face tech had to change, and honestly, it still needs to evolve. They’re lightyears behind Callaway and Cobra, and based on initial tech info, maybe even Tour Edge now.

Back