TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Not hard to be better on a playability, SLDR was one of the most penal drivers ever released. Legit.

Their face tech had to change, and honestly, it still needs to evolve. They’re lightyears behind Callaway and Cobra, and based on initial tech info, maybe even Tour Edge now.

don't disagree there. Callaway is paving the way in the tech area. Everyone else is just trying to keep up. The AI is real and game changing for them. Overall performance is very close though.

Yea I trust CC too to build my clubs. I loved the iron fitting and my current irons/wedges.... Trackman I dont get. Golf Galaxy in Downers Grove has trackman also. I was hitting my m5 vs the Mavrik sub zero there 2 weeks ago. on the foresight monitors both clubs averaged spin around 1800 - 2200 with 280 carry. Then went to Trackman and averaged 2600 - 3000 spin with 264 carry

I don't trust the monitors at the 'box' stores like DICKS, Golf Galaxy, PGA Tour Superstore, etc...

But that Golf Galaxy in Downers is really nice!

New TXG video fitting Alex Etches into the SIM. They tried other clubs and the SIM was more accurate than the Mavrik for this high speed/high spin player, they note due to the lateral weight slowing his face rotation down.

I think the SIM gives Callaway a run for the #1 driver sales this year.

seemed like it was performing well at the Farmer's...

I keep pondering one of these Max in a 12* stiff, I haven't had a TM driver in the bag for quite sometime, might be time for a change!

I really like my M6 so I assume the sim max would feel similar?

Got my Sim last night and played 18 on the local simulator. So happy with it. Playing a scramble tomorrow so we'll see how it plays in real life. I'm still torn with the stock diamana shaft. Might move into something lower launching when it warms up in Maryland.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Trying out the max today, I didn't know what to think, I've kind of written off TM drivers as of late, and the weird look of the Sim kind of put me off from the beginning, combine that with a ventus shaft I didn't know how would perform for me, but the 12* max head was great for me, I saw some good decent numbers, and one that I didn't necessarily understand I had my highest average descent angle with.
IMG_5285.jpg

I found the SIM to be high launch low spin. I'm already a high launcher of the ball so I was fitted into an 8* head also. Also saw a pretty steep angle of descent when I was in higher lofts . So the max was ruled out quickly. Ball sleep and smash were amazing. Face was definitely hotter than any other options that I tried.

Trying out the max today, I didn't know what to think, I've kind of written off TM drivers as of late, and the weird look of the Sim kind of put me off from the beginning, combine that with a ventus shaft I didn't know how would perform for me, but the 12* max head was great for me, I saw some good decent numbers, and one that I didn't necessarily understand I had my highest average descent angle with.
View attachment 8926162
I gotta admit it is a weird look, but at least that is pointed to the ground so really don't matter. Right now, I have four drivers and I think I have found two I like best and simply working between them to see that one that will get the most play. Neither of the are TMs, so that is not in the running at the moment.

I want to try one...my F9 is my gamer but I love hitting my M6 as well.

I found the SIM to be high launch low spin. I'm already a high launcher of the ball so I was fitted into an 8* head also. Also saw a pretty steep angle of descent when I was in higher lofts . So the max was ruled out quickly. Ball sleep and smash were amazing. Face was definitely hotter than any other options that I tried.

Interesting feedback and appreciate it. Based on your trial what did you end up with? 8* Sim or another model?

Was able to test drive my new SIM driver (just received it yesterday). Please note that im coming from an exceptional driver already (Callaway Epic Flash Subzero) so I wasnt expecting any big chances really, but wanted something new. I was wrong. At the range, the the ball seem to go much faster off the club with the SIM, with higher launch but not ballooning at any point. So , I will 100% agree with the "High Launch, Low spin" everyone is talking about with the SIM.

I didnt have anything to measure distances of course, but just by the looks and trajectory, I would say around 10 extra yards over the EF Subzero (same shaft, Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g 6.0). I will be sending in my EF this saturday back to taylormade for the trade-in offer.

The SIM is producing the highest ballspeeds of the current allotment of drivers. Now that could be due to a few things. One being that standard length is 45.75. Others are at that or very close to it in length. I think the Mav is 45.5.

But, I like the SIM the best this year. This is coming from a Epic flash SZ as well.

The SIM is producing the highest ballspeeds of the current allotment of drivers. Now that could be due to a few things. One being that standard length is 45.75. Others are at that or very close to it in length. I think the Mav is 45.5.

But, I like the SIM the best this year. This is coming from a Epic flash SZ as well.
Mavrik is 45.75 as well.

Mavrik is 45.75 as well.

Thanks.

I couldn't remember for sure. I knew it was at least 45.5. These shaft lengths are stupid. They may produce high numbers on the one strike average golfers get centered. But over all it makes it harder to have more than one centered strike.

Overall though, I am very impressed with the SIM. Although, I am seeing more mavs being sold.

Thanks.

I couldn't remember for sure. I knew it was at least 45.5. These shaft lengths are stupid. They may produce high numbers on the one strike average golfers get centered. But over all it makes it harder to have more than one centered strike.

Overall though, I am very impressed with the SIM. Although, I am seeing more mavs being sold.

I have all my drivers at 45 now but think choking down to 44-44.5 may be the sweet spot for me.

If I was to completely jump in the deep end, the first thing I've been doing is trimming all my driver shafts to play at 45...

I have all my drivers at 45 now but think choking down to 44-44.5 may be the sweet spot for me.

I am trimming mine up. There is no need to be close to 46 inches in length.

Thanks.

I’m eager to hit them all next week for #RangeDays

So is PING G410.
I think XXIO is too, right?

Its pretty much the new norm, and kind of has been for a minute now.

I am trimming mine up. There is no need to be close to 46 inches in length.

I was debating about trimming them to play at 44.5 but what if I have a growth spurt? :rolleyes:

I think XXIO is too, right?

Its pretty much the new norm, and kind of has been for a minute now.

And depending on the company how its measured.
The SIM I got was 45.75 with no grip.
MAVRIK was 45.75 with grip.

Im sure its a QC thing, but I found that interesting.

Back