TaylorMade SIM Drivers

So far in my couple fitting days I have only fit someone into the SIM once. The SIM Max is definitely the front runner so far.

Just get back with PGASS paid driver fitting. I am currently playing TS2 9.5 Tensei stiff 44.5 length that was fitted last year. The fitter in this particular store is very good and I have seen him 4-5 times before, so he know my swing really good. have been to club champion but this PGASS fitter is a lot better in my opinion.

I am in my mid-fifty, 5'8" small built and have been working out last couple years and on my swing. Swing faster now than before, top out around 106, mostly 103, 104. After hitting my driver and many other combination, the Sim Max 12 degree driver, 4 degrees open with Diamana stiff Shaft is the run away winner. It's launch higher, carry further and with tighter dispersion with a longer driver and for the first time ever, I cracked 150 ball speed twice and many 149.

Going in, I really thought I am pretty efficient for my swing speed and never thought I will find extra 13 yards carry just like that. My question is, should I order it with the Diamana shaft or Ventus Blue? Unfortunately, the store only has Ventus Red but not the Blue.

Attachments

• 20200228_145315.jpg
    20200228_145315.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Just get back with PGASS paid driver fitting. I am currently playing TS2 9.5 Tensei stiff 44.5 length that was fitted last year. The fitter in this particular store is very good and I have seen him 4-5 times before, so he know my swing really good. have been to club champion but this PGASS fitter is a lot better in my opinion.

I am in my mid-fifty, 5'8" small built and have been working out last couple years and on my swing. Swing faster now than before, top out around 106, mostly 103, 104. After hitting my driver and many other combination, the Sim Max 12 degree driver, 4 degrees open with Diamana stiff Shaft is the run away winner. It's launch higher, carry further and with tighter dispersion with a longer driver and for the first time ever, I cracked 150 ball speed twice and many 149.

Going in, I really thought I am pretty efficient for my swing speed and never thought I will find extra 13 yards carry just like that. My question is, should I order it with the Diamana shaft or Ventus Blue? Unfortunately, the store only has Ventus Red but not the Blue.
That's great to hear! Still waiting on my opportunity to hit the SIM but I can't wait. Regarding the shaft, they both have the same launch and spin profile of mid, mid/low and the only difference, based purely on specs that I'm looking at, is torque. I would say go for the Diamana since it's proven in your hands and sounds like it worked pretty darn well. I haven't had the chance to swing either so I'm just basing it off of your above information. Always a fun time getting a new club and making these decisions :)

I ordered my SIM from PGASS with Ventus Blue.

So far in my couple fitting days I have only fit someone into the SIM once. The SIM Max is definitely the front runner so far.

I agree with this. It would probably fit even more that were not stuck in the "SIM is more expensive therefore better" thought process.

That being said, I am really enjoying my SIM.

I just put a KBS TD stage 5 driver shaft in it and it is absolute money.

I went back to the store and asked the fitter about Ventus blue. He let me hit it back to back with Ventus Blue and Diamana. Diamana is a lot better for me. The fitter told me that's a reason he did not hand me the Ventus, it's just too soft for my swing. I ordered the 12 Degree Max at 45". Initially I want to just cut off 1/2" but he told me TM will only hot melt (add weight back) if it get cut off (3/4"). That probably useful information for y'all.

I hit the Max at my fitting Sunday. I ended up going with the SZ Xtreme but I was really impressed with the SIM Max. The Cobra averaged about 5 or so yards more carry and had better dispersion. I did hit my longest of the day with the SIM. It was a very close second and I wouldn’t have had any issues with it being the one. I really liked the look more than I thought I would and the sound was really good also.

I agree with this. It would probably fit even more that were not stuck in the "SIM is more expensive therefore better" thought process.

That being said, I am really enjoying my SIM.

I just put a KBS TD stage 5 driver shaft in it and it is absolute money.
The only time I fit a SIM head was when somebody was hitting it low on the face and in on the heel. The SIM head is heavier than the Max so that brought the strike a little more center and it has a deeper face than the Max so it helped with the low strikes by having more face to work with.

I've been able to fit the majority of people with the SIM Max by fine tuning the shaft or loft setup and ball recommendations to achieve the spin and launch needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The only time I fit a SIM head was when somebody was hitting it low on the face and in on the heel. The SIM head is heavier than the Max so that brought the strike a little more center and it has a deeper face than the Max so it helped with the low strikes by having more face to work with.

I've been able to fit the majority of people with the SIM Max by fine tuning the shaft or loft setup and ball recommendations to achieve the spin and launch needed.

the max is the deep faced. The max d being the deepest.

the max is the deep faced. The max d being the deepest.
Yup. Had it backwards. Long day today. With the more shallow face, they will still bottom out at the same spot but since the face is smaller, it brings strike up higher.

Yup. Had it backwards. Long day today. With the more shallow face, they will still bottom out at the same spot but since the face is smaller, it brings strike up higher.

no worries.

Sounds like me. What shafts are you seeing most people getting into out of the taylormade offerings?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Sounds like me. What shafts are you seeing most people getting into out of the taylormade offerings?

What's worked the best has been Helium 50 gram and for a heavier option the Rogue Silver. With our tech setup we have every shaft option available. I have 4 carry bags of just shafts. Ventus have been okay so far but the Rogue Silver is more popular.

Do you go to the PGASS on Long Island? Yoshi their fitter there is very good (actually worked at Club Champion at one point after being at the PGA SS left, but then came back to PGA SS). He has worked with many local successful players/club pros as well. Great fitter, great guy.

I have been testing both the TM Sim (Mitsubishi Limited Shaft) and Callaway Mavrik SZ ( Tensei AV Blue), both shafts fit me well. I hit them both pretty good. But I just gave the nod to the SIM, because I like the feel of the shaft a little better, and felt the sim was a bit more forgiving and kind of like the Thwack sound it makes as opposed to the Mav sound (though both are satisfying). I think they are pretty much equal in the real world, On course. Just. Personal preference.

Did anyone find they had to loft up a bit in the SIM as opposed to their previous driver?

Did anyone find they had to loft up a bit in the SIM as opposed to their previous driver?
Same loft setting, but had to use a mid launch mid spin shaft. Previously used a low launch low spin shaft

Do you go to the PGASS on Long Island? Yoshi their fitter there is very good (actually worked at Club Champion at one point after being at the PGA SS left, but then came back to PGA SS). He has worked with many local successful players/club pros as well. Great fitter, great guy.

I went to the PGA SS in Plano, Texas. PGA CC or Club Champion or whatever you go get fit. It's the fitter not the store.

Last edited:
I played TS 2, 10.5, loft down to 9.75 for last year.
For Sim Max, I order 12 degree and loft down to 10. The Sim and Sim Max are really high launch, low spin driver that are very unique.

Love hearing the chatter on this driver. I think I will either end up in a SiIM or SZ this year. Both have peaked my interest tremendously.

I got fitted into an 8* head to my surprise. I was launching the SIM pretty high.

I went back to the store and asked the fitter about Ventus blue. He let me hit it back to back with Ventus Blue and Diamana. Diamana is a lot better for me. The fitter told me that's a reason he did not hand me the Ventus, it's just too soft for my swing. I ordered the 12 Degree Max at 45". Initially I want to just cut off 1/2" but he told me TM will only hot melt (add weight back) if it get cut off (3/4"). That probably useful information for y'all.
Curious to know what your launch angle is with the 12*. Wish I knew about the hot melt. I got mine cut to 45. Definitely feels a little lighter than when I tested it.

Im quite the opposite, coming from the EPIC FLash Suzero 8 Degrees, my SIM seems to be a rocket launcher, probably 25-30 feet higher than the Subzero but still going longer somehow. I will turn my SIM to 8 and 7 degrees to see how it compare (longer, shorter).

Note: I'm using the same exact shaft in both, the BEAST for me, which is Hzrdus Smoke Black 70G 6.0

I went to the PGA SS in Plano, Texas. PGA CC or Club Champion or whatever you go get fit. It's the fitter no the store.
Yes, based on your positive experience it sounds like you were describing a fitter at PGA I have been fitted by before.

Same loft setting, but had to use a mid launch mid spin shaft. Previously used a low launch low spin shaft
Which shaft did you do with? I lofted up 10* ping g410 LST, to a 10.5 SIM. both lower spin lower launch shafts

Curious to know what your launch angle is with the 12*. Wish I knew about the hot melt. I got mine cut to 45. Definitely feels a little lighter than when I tested it.

12 degree and open all the way to play like 10 degree, launching at 17.5 degree, 2255 spin average. Never hit a driver this high or this long ever before., not even close.

Anybody have the stock hzrdus smoke green shaft in 6.0, 70g that comes in the SIM that they are willing to part with? Looking for one in the dead stock retail spec

Ill be honest I am struggling right now with my SIM. I know its swing related but its all over the place so much so I put my F9 back in to help correct some things since I know what it can do.

Ill be honest I am struggling right now with my SIM. I know its swing related but its all over the place so much so I put my F9 back in to help correct some things since I know what it can do.
The F9 offering more forgiveness? Laterally?

Yeah. My issue is my miss is more across the face right now whereas when I was fitted to the SIM my miss was isolated to low. The F9 has better launch and dispersion from toe to heel for me right now.

Back