TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

Standard SIM 3w 15* is a monster!! it got to within 3mph ball speed of my driver. Easily the hottest 3w face ive ever hit and very controllable... id have to think the 14* rocket is even better for anyone who wants it as a driver replacement
I too have had near driver speed with the standard SIM 15.

It's seriously crazy how fast that thing is.

The 14 wouldn't be usefully long, I don't think. Just long. I put the 15 up against my mini and it obliterated it.

Holy S**t!! The sim max 3 is a monster. Long and straight, not sure if it’s the head or the Linq purple but after 1 round I think I am in love. I have been trying to replace my 816 alpha for a couple of years and nothing has been close. This was so good today it almost makes me want to pick up the matching driver to test

Holy S**t!! The sim max 3 is a monster. Long and straight, not sure if it’s the head or the Linq purple but after 1 round I think I am in love. I have been trying to replace my 816 alpha for a couple of years and nothing has been close. This was so good today it almost makes me want to pick up the matching driver to test
Told you.

Reactions: MH
Told you.
Not only long but straight as well. Loved the feel of both the head and the shaft. Have u tried the drivers? I love my g410 but really do like the look of the Sim driver just haven’t tried them

The demo day thing was a bit of a disappointment, I had a 30 minute window that ended up being less than 20 minutes from warm up till there were three other people waiting to hit but I did get some good info until I can find somewhere to go hit these a little more. It was super windy and I was rushed so that negatively affected my swing, however the 5 wood and hybrid are pretty hot, I drop kicked a 5 wood 185 and probably hit the 4 hybrid pretty close to that distance on a clean strike. For reference my HL 3 wood on a great strike is only 215 and would probably be more of a 200 club on average. I think if I get more time with these I'll really like them a lot.

Another round with the sim max, it is clearly a winner. I really struggled on which head to go with but I am confident I made the right choice with the max

Another round with the sim max, it is clearly a winner. I really struggled on which head to go with but I am confident I made the right choice with the max
I hit mine super well again today as well. I simply have ONE conundrum with it and it’s a bag setup thing more than anything else.

Are all of the Sim 3 faces titanium or is that a special model?
If so is the price increase for the titanium worth the jump?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Are all of the Sim 3 faces titanium or is that a special model?
If so is the price increase for the titanium worth the jump?

Max and Max D are steel face
Sim is titanium.

Holy ****. :oops:

The sound of the Ti version might be my favorite fairway sound ever.

Of course, a 19* that launches that way but plays like a 4w distance wise is insane. But, that’s what I saw today.

83098C74-8E42-4729-B2B8-E826195AB9B2.jpeg7F06CFA2-C319-4F7F-8BE8-BFDAC6AB0ABD.jpegA6C3DE65-FCCA-4FC4-807B-6AF07DB37B78.jpeg

The Ti 3w I picked up has been such a blast. I had a Paderson FW shaft that I threw in it. It did good but not great. The learning curve with this head was a massive hook curve!!!
I have a Rapid Taper driver shaft and since they are kind of heavy at near 70g it dawned on me that it might be a good FW shaft.
So I took a 52-3 which I have really enjoyed in the SIM 9.0 head, trimmed it for a 3w and then but cut to length.
Sure enough it has that same load and release feel that I get with the 75g Rapid Taper iron. That feeling where you don't even need to look up because you can feel how great it was.
Hit a 245 yard second shot pin high yesterday. Missed the eagle putt of course. Out of the tee box has been fun to watch. These Ti heads are explosive!
Though my first go round with the Ti 3w was not that great. First range session i was hooking it like CRAZY.. I mean I was hitting some epic hooks. Could barely straighten it out. Not sure what was going on but subsequent range sessions have been nothing but dead straight and long. Also the flight for a 3w is surprisingly high for me. I usually have to play a 4w because of low flight. Not the case here what so ever. I could easily play an entire round with this out of the tee box and honestly not be not too far away from driver length.
Love the way this sounds. Hard to describe the sound, its sort of a higher pitched ping. Addictive sort of sound..... BTW, Blew my Maltby 4w right to the club bin.
Now I'm searching for the 19° 5w head. Just have to find another 52-3 shaft for it.

Thankfully for my wallet, the difference between the max and the titanium was negligible. The difference between the sim max and m6 in the 3 wood is significant (at least for me)

This 5w is a riot.

I’m going to turn it down and see how I can gap it and my 3U, if it works, I may just carry a 5w from Driver this year and no mini or 3w.

Its also the best sounding fairway I’ve ever hit. Wow.

Hit the FW shot of my life today.
On a 526 yard par 5 that doglegs left.
Hit my drive to position A to give myself a slight look at the hole. Its well defended with a cluster of trees on the left that covers a good half of the way to the hole. Bunkers all around the green. Pin up front.
I have 259 to the flag, ball below my feet. So I know its gonna be a fade at best. Probably the shot I struggle with the most. Laying up brings grass bunkers and sand traps into play. So I let one rip and try to hoist it over the trees. I cleared the tallest tree by a foot. Disappears for a while and then lands middle of the green and releases through to the fringe.
That thing was a 265 CARRY!!
I am simply blow away at the performance of the 3 Ti head. Height, control and jaw dropping distance.

I’m going in on the 5w as part of the bag this year, there’s too much versatility for me when It comes to being tee worthy and able to hit into and hold greens.

I do suspect I’ll pit the SIM against an EXS Pro 5w at some point, but there are not better looking fairways on the planet imo than the SIM and SIM Max, I do wish the Max had the sound of the Ti version though, it gives me the tingles.

I’m going in on the 5w as part of the bag this year, there’s too much versatility for me when It comes to being tee worthy and able to hit into and hold greens.

I do suspect I’ll pit the SIM against an EXS Pro 5w at some point, but there are not better looking fairways on the planet imo than the SIM and SIM Max, I do wish the Max had the sound of the Ti version though, it gives me the tingles.
I still haven't found a Ti 5w head yet. If I have the success with the 5 that I'm seeing with the 3 my 2 h would get pulled.
Its been decades since I've used a 5 wood. I think it's time again.

I still haven't found a Ti 5w head yet. If I have the success with the 5 that I'm seeing with the 3 my 2 h would get pulled.
Its been decades since I've used a 5 wood. I think it's time again.

I’m going full on rebar in it to flatten it out just a scunch, but the ease off the deck with the V Steel sole is fantastic and not being talked about enough in relation to other fairways out there this year. This sole and the SlipStream from Tour Edge are just amazing

Really enjoy my Ti 5 wood. I’d like to dial in my shaft setup for it a bit more. Overall, it is as good as it gets.

Really enjoy my Ti 5 wood. I’d like to dial in my shaft setup for it a bit more. Overall, it is as good as it gets.
It’s a rocket launcher. Just crazy long given how easy it is to hit it HIGH.

It’s a rocket launcher. Just crazy long given how easy it is to hit it HIGH.
I dont hit mine high, but thats all on me. I get a 3/4 wood flight out of mine. Love it. I set mine a tinge open to fight the left side. The 80g shaft is fantastic in it too. I see you may be investing in an 80g....is it for the Sim?

Back