TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

I dont hit mine high, but thats all on me. I get a 3/4 wood flight out of mine. Love it. I set mine a tinge open to fight the left side. The 80g shaft is fantastic in it too. I see you may be investing in an 80g....is it for the Sim?
Yeah. I nabbed an 8X Coool yesterday uncut for a song, so It’ll be fun in here. Still going to try to grab an EXS Pro 5w to battle with it, but the Sim doesn’t leave me wanting right now with the 70g 6.5 Riptide in it. Going to turn it down to 17 this week and see if maybe it could just be THE fairway I carry this season

Going to turn the 5w down to 17 tomorrow and carry it as my only fairway and see how it goes(y)

My biggest surprise with this 3w is how far less than perfect contact goes. Played at a course today with thick rough. The kind that grabs the club head and holds on for dear life. A had a couple of 235 shots that got to the front of the green that had no right to do so.
This club was not even on my radar. I did see it in the demo bag over the winter but I thought the price was silly. Yet I watched one of the guys hiy several 270 yard shots while i was running league at the Sims. With this kind of performance, the money is worth it.
Still haven't found a well priced 5w head yet.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

How are these Ti heads not getting more press.
Hitting career long shots out of the fairway and its almost easy.
Plus my Achilles heel shot of below my feet has produced the best results. Crazy.

Plus my Achilles heel shot of below my feet has produced the best results. Crazy.

No idea. I’ve done unreal things with my 5w

TXG is doing a fairway bracket right now. I think the SIM is the clubhouse fav right now. I think the only thing that can take it down is the standard Mavrik.

For me. I hit the SIM and it just went too far honestly.

TXG is doing a fairway bracket right now. I think the SIM is the clubhouse fav right now. I think the only thing that can take it down is the standard Mavrik.

I could see that as being a problem for some people going too far.

For myself I am attacking par 5s I haven't got near at any point in my career. At 250 yards out I'm looking to put it on, not near the green.

Between the SIM and the SIM fairway I have knocked almost 3 strokes off my handicap in the past month. If I keep this pace up i will be back to a true scratch.

I talked today with my buddy who is on Taylormade payroll about the Ti fairway woods. First thing he said... "They go too far."

I talked today with my buddy who is on Taylormade payroll about the Ti fairway woods. First thing he said... "They go too far."

Haha. Glad we agree.

Because it is going to cut into driver sales or because it's going to be hard for TM to make a better club next year?

Because it is going to cut into driver sales or because it's going to be hard for TM to make a better club next year?
If i didn't like my Sim 9.0 so much the 3 Ti would be my driver.

I think it just makes it hard to gap.

Yup. This is it.

I turned the 5w down to 17 today and it was ridiculous.

man after my own heart right there..

definitely a good problem to have but I said the exact same thing about the SIM Ti 3w! gapping was a problem but it was so darn fun to hit. On avg it was only 3mph slower than my driver... absolute rocket launcher!

before my cobra clubs, I was considering getting a SIM 5w and lofting it down to 17* to be my only wood in the bag

definitely a good problem to have but I said the exact same thing about the SIM Ti 3w! gapping was a problem but it was so darn fun to hit. On avg it was only 3mph slower than my driver... absolute rocket launcher!

before my cobra clubs, I was considering getting a SIM 5w and lofting it down to 17* to be my only wood in the bag
I’m considering that move hard now. Would allow me to keep my 3U and 48 in the bag. Distances and ease of flight I got off the 5 turned down was just funny. Such easy launch.

I’m considering that move hard now. Would allow me to keep my 3U and 48 in the bag. Distances and ease of flight I got off the 5 turned down was just funny. Such easy launch.
Just from testing on monitors the 5w down to 17* was farther than m6 3w for me...crazy distance, effortless launch, and very manageable spin. Forgiveness is incredible also

what I dont think gets mentioned enough is the effect of Twist Face on the fairways. Drivers I dont think it does too much, but going from SIM to the Cobras ive noticed a huge difference in how neutral the flight from SIM was compared to heel or toe strikes on the Cobra

Just from testing on monitors the 5w down to 17* was farther than m6 3w for me...crazy distance, effortless launch, and very manageable spin. Forgiveness is incredible also

what I dont think gets mentioned enough is the effect of Twist Face on the fairways. Drivers I dont think it does too much, but going from SIM to the Cobras ive noticed a huge difference in how neutral the flight from SIM was compared to heel or toe strikes on the Cobra
I’ve long argued this on here and was quite vocal on it last year. I think most square the club face of a fairway more consistently than driver, so here it actually has the results and effect intended. On a driver where most leave the face open, making the toe strike more open with the twist face can compound things for some. Though after talking to Chandler Carr of their R&D at a THP event about it, he made more sense of it all than that.

I've been singing the praises of the SIM Ti 5 wood for some time now. Really great club. Pitty they didn't offer a 4 wood option. The head size is also much more palatable than the 3 wood. The 3 wood head is enormous.

I've been singing the praises of the SIM Ti 5 wood for some time now. Really great club. Pitty they didn't offer a 4 wood option. The head size is also much more palatable than the 3 wood. The 3 wood head is enormous.
25cc is a decent chunk.

I’m still amazed at HOW STINKING EASY it is to hit high, even turned down.

Funny. The size of the 3w did not hit me in a negative way.

Add me to the 5wd lovers fan club! As others have mentioned, more like a ez launching 3wd ......most likely will be my only fairway :cool:

Last edited:
The sim 5 wood turned down to 17 is a beast. @Jman needs to have that club bronzed, he killed it all day

5w turned down to 17 as point and shoot 250’CARRY? With a witness @sposey013168 ?

25cc is a decent chunk.

I’m still amazed at HOW STINKING EASY it is to hit high, even turned down.

It's a sick little fairway wood. It really is absurd long.

Back