TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

THP'er witnessed and confirmed the past couple days, this club is a BEAST and a WEAPON in my hands. Turned down to 17, and I think the 5w might have made the 3w inconsequential from tee and deck.

DSC01472-XL.jpg

This might be me not knowing, but other than color/design and sound, are the materials used and performance of the new SIM close to the M5? I see they both use the twist face tech and are titanium faces. The M5 has the moveable weight, so that might change performance.

I'm not saying the SIM doesn't seem like an outstanding fairway, just not sure if I could see similar performance from a model year previous at 50% of the cost

This might be me not knowing, but other than color/design and sound, are the materials used and performance of the new SIM close to the M5? I see they both use the twist face tech and are titanium faces. The M5 has the moveable weight, so that might change performance.

I'm not saying the SIM doesn't seem like an outstanding fairway, just not sure if I could see similar performance from a model year previous at 50% of the cost
I have the M5 3w and the SIM 5w, the 5w is putting up the same ball speeds as the 3w on my GC2, its hotter. Not to mention, for me, the Vsteel Sole alone is worth the upgrade, they shouldnt ever go away from that again from this point on, there’s a reason the Vsteel is STILL a cult classic.

I think JMan owned both, so pardon me for jumping in for some additional perspective.
I owned the M5 3 wood and now the Sim Ti 5 wood. IMHO they are both very good. I like the sound/feel out of the Sim a better. M5 is more thud-like in sound.
Performance wise, I think they will be reasonably close. I’m not able to compare 5 wood to 5 wood, but 3 to 5. I like my Sim 5 better, but given the costs...the M5 is a solid option.
Also look closely at the head sizes, as they are quite different between models. I went 5 in the Sim for that reason and the lower spin feedback I had read from others.

I would be lying if I said I had not checked budget golf website for it 😈
Haha! One more night of TM’s 150% trade! I’m going to off some old putters for a Rocket 3w, backordered, but the bonus is too tempting!

Haha! One more night of TM’s 150% trade! I’m going to off some old putters for a Rocket 3w, backordered, but the bonus is too tempting!
The rocket is straight beast mode. Nice. Who needs a driver anyway!

Add me to the 5wd lovers fan club! As others have mentioned, more like a ez launching 3wd ......most likely will be my only fairway :cool:

Initial shaft attempt was tensei orange stiff 65......just plugged in evenflow blue 75R and 5wd came to life! Might do @Jman setup and move to 17* (currently at 18.25*)

That’s a great plan I have a few things I can get rid of

The rocket is straight beast mode. Nice. Who needs a driver anyway!
We all @Jman towers over me but I did threaten to kick his azz if he hit the driver again. That Sim 5 wood is a machine off the tee and fairway.

We all @Jman towers over me but I did threaten to kick his azz if he hit the driver again. That Sim 5 wood is a machine off the tee and fairway.
It’s safe! It may loft back up to 18/19 though to fill a gap, would love to try the Sim Ti 3w vs the EXS Pro I just got in that 15 degree slot.

5w is buckled in for the season though.

This 5w....good lord folks.

Ive got an 8X COOOL for it, but I don’t know that I can or should pull the Riptide 70 6.5

I’m super pumped to have jumped on the trade in the last day for the Ti 3w, I think these two are going to make one hell of a top of the bag for me.

The Ti fairways are honest to goodness almost TOO long.

This 5w....good lord folks.

Ive got an 8X COOOL for it, but I don’t know that I can or should pull the Riptide 70 6.5

I’m super pumped to have jumped on the trade in the last day for the Ti 3w, I think these two are going to make one hell of a top of the bag for me.

The Ti fairways are honest to goodness almost TOO long.
Wait till you try that other shaft.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

For real. The 5w is just an insane weapon. I cannot get over the consistency, and the speed.

For real. The 5w is just an insane weapon. I cannot get over the consistency, and the speed.
Is that with the other shaft?

Is that with the other shaft?

Nope, that’s too long for a 5w, and in the 3w (M5) it’s actually been a little loose for me :oops:

My 3w arrives Tuesday and after another round with the 5w at 17 I can’t wait. Easiest to hit fairway wood in a LONG ass time for me.

My EXS220 3W is about as automatic as my 19 BB 3H...but my homerness for TM makes me want one of these :cautious::banghead:

My EXS220 3W is about as automatic as my 19 BB 3H...but my homerness for TM makes me want one of these :cautious::banghead:
They’re both fantastic. My favorite fairways I’ve hit this year, no lie. The EXS offers a little more spin tee and deck which makes it more playable for most golfers, the ball speed is also among the best I’ve hit. The standard Sim, lower spin, and massive ball speed, a different beast.

I could play either happily.

2F1EE52D-351F-4B5B-8AEE-2C6E9620FDE1.jpeg17EBF2E5-6C90-4200-A71D-7CD9D657913F.jpeg4C69CB7C-FD24-43DD-902E-820BA0FE6EEA.jpegEE057B6E-EA8C-49D5-A47F-47D7F288D4BD.jpegE8CB8D40-6B61-4929-89FB-6EDF78F75B57.jpeg003C980F-22FE-4C73-AEAF-3D32B1E63236.jpeg458E09A1-FA1F-484D-82E9-AF3E4584E3E1.jpeg

Man that's a good looking fairway wood.

I’m pumped. Going to play that one at 14, and the 5w at 18, very very excited.

I’m pumped. Going to play that one at 14, and the 5w at 18, very very excited.
Thats gonna be a missile. You may as well retire your driver.

I’ll put it this way. From 6600 or less, I don’t think I’ll hit driver anymore unless it’s just a no trouble take a rip situation.

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY EIGHT ball speed with the 3w today. :oops:

Back